PDA

View Full Version : Xbmc

Boost
08-09-13, 15:30
Firstly let me apologise if I am being thick.

I have seen posts/links for xbmc plugins for enigma2 but nothing on how to install xbmc itself, now my question is this, (and this is where I am feeling a bit thick)
I have a technomate twin oe stb (enigma2) Is it possible to install xbmc on this device and if so how?
I am not overly tech savvy but I can normally fumble around and get stuff done but with this I am going round in circles. I think the problem is that I know little to nothing about Linux. (A mate set up my stb and I just use it)
Thanks in advance for any help, even if it is just to say "no you wally this can't be done" :-)
Also I think this is in the right section but sorry if it's not.

duoduo
08-09-13, 19:38
Have a read of this mate, I think not the finished article still a work in progress.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30008-New-plugin-on-the-way-called-XBMCAddons-for-enigma-2&highlight=Xbmc

Trial
08-09-13, 20:07
Hi,
XBMC itself is not running on current STBs. There are two new STBs coming with a special version of XBMC. Look for prismcube (not connected to NSA) and E2BMC.

ciao

Boost
08-09-13, 20:14
Thanks for your replies. Clears things up a bit for me.

dishman65
09-11-13, 13:12
I've got xbmc running on a tm2t its doable on an open pli image, sports devil video devil both working

leonc
11-11-13, 18:38
dishman65 Are the plugins working? I installed xmbc addons on tm2t on latest vix but when I click on plugins nothing happens.

stilts
16-11-13, 13:33
Hi leonc,

The same thing happened to me, I'm using a TM-TWIN, I found that after installing the plugin and installing the relevant addons/scripts that nothing would happen when selecting the addon, however, after performing a Vix software update then addons would then work in some way, I can access the addons and view listings but nothing streams to the box when selecting so I've almost got it working but not quite.

I don't know what else to do now I'm a little stuck.

Can anyone else help please?

Cheers!

duoduo
16-11-13, 13:44
Bear in mind on most addons it takes up to 30 seconds to load so be patient. I find a repeat press of the Ok button on certain links kick it into action.

stilts
16-11-13, 14:00
Hi lgleave22,

I've left it for over 1 minute and nothing happens, not sure if there's something missing from the install or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Armpit1UK
26-11-13, 21:37
Hi, I installed XMBC on my TM-2T but for some reason it won't let me update to version 5. I try but the box crashes. Is it possible that someone could post a working version 5 on here in ipk format please?

Armpit1UK
29-11-13, 23:26
Can anyone post the version 5 file please?

foz
30-11-13, 00:28
you need to add script modules to version 5
after you have installed xbmc v5
downloaded script-modules.v2 from
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v9x336
un-zip it
open script-modules.v2 folder
selected all 16 script-modules folders
ftp all 16 into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extentions/XBMCAddons
then changed atts to 755
then exit ftp and pc
open xmbc plugin on receiver
go to addons select - install addons (install all or your selection)
now i ran each one eg 1 channel etc then wrote down what script-modules was required (i had to add 4 script-modules)
exit and back to last menu
go to install script-modules next and install your required script-modules
exit when your install is complete
restart receiver
hope this helps
foz
files are clean i uploaded them for you
and v5 if you need it is here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wxuc8j

Armpit1UK
30-11-13, 12:22
Thanks Foz, all seemed to be going well following your excellent instructions but when I try to install addons it say that I need to install update20131112.zip. I have tried & tried again but it won't download the zip from
www.turk-dreamworld.com. Will wait a bit and try again :confused:

Larry-G
30-11-13, 12:24
Guys please honor the rules you agreed to as part of your membership and stop posting live links, please code your links in future.

Armpit1UK
30-11-13, 12:25
Sorry Phoenix, how do I do that?

Larry-G
30-11-13, 12:30
when you make a thread or post a reply in look above the text box for the # sign, press this button and it will generate the code brackets for you or you can do it manually.

Armpit1UK
30-11-13, 12:38
No probs, I will do that in future.

foz
30-11-13, 20:14
Armpit1UK ive not seen any such message on vu or dreambox, seems to me it must be related to receiver
you can make a log file by telnet commands
init 4
killall -9 enigma2
enigma2>/tmp/e.log 2>&1 &

Start plugin again when you have the error look at file /tmp/e.log see what the problem is
i will check mine is still working later tonight because i've not used xbmc on receiver for a few weeks just incase
foz

Armpit1UK
01-12-13, 22:56
Hi Foz, when I tried again late last night, I was able to install addons and scripts so it must have been a website issue. That said, once I'd done that none of the loaded items seem to work. I was looking forward to a bit of Sportsdevil. Will try again tonight!

duoduo
01-12-13, 23:01
On tsmedia, choose iptv option and look through navi-x option, lots on there for all.

seame
02-12-13, 00:04
Oops....missed a page.

bonehead
29-12-13, 22:19
install the plugin...
after you have done this go to your plugins menu...press ok
addons................arrow down to install software...press green button on your remote.......
this should install the update for you
restart and away you