PDA

View Full Version : What happened to "reboot" (as telnet command) on build 734

has786
08-09-13, 11:02
Hi guys

I have flashed build 734 yesterday and i have noticed that the command "reboot" in telnet does no longer work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Larry-G
08-09-13, 11:09
There are many ways to reboot within telnet.

init 6 and shutdown -r now are just two of them.

has786
08-09-13, 11:21
Thanks for teaching me that Pheonix. You can probably gather that i'm a newbie when it comes to linux enigma2 commands. But am i correct in thinking that reboot did used to work but now it doesn't?

Larry-G
08-09-13, 11:26
Thanks for teaching me that Pheonix. You can probably gather that i'm a newbie when it comes to linux enigma2 commands. But am i correct in thinking that reboot did used to work but now it doesn't?

not shure to be honest as it's not one of the commands i have used me self, I always use the ones above.

Rob van der Does
08-09-13, 12:15
Hmmm, 'reboot' works fine here......

has786
08-09-13, 15:06
Hmmm, 'reboot' works fine here......

Thats odd it does not work for me. Also the commands Pheonix gave do not work also. Now im puzzled why it doesnt work. I'm sure i flashed the box according to the instructions and did press the exit button repeatedly for 10 seconds once it rebooted after flash. all works ok except these reboots commands

abu baniaz
08-09-13, 15:25
What program are you using? Are you logged in? I.E. not still using old password?

has786
08-09-13, 15:32
What program are you using? Are you logged in? I.E. not still using old password?

I'm maily using DCC for ftp and telnet. Im logged it and the password is correct as far as i can gather the connections are lit green.

pooface
08-09-13, 15:46
I'm maily using DCC for ftp and telnet. Im logged it and the password is correct as far as i can gather the connections are lit green.

Do yourself a favour, and use proper telnet by either installing the telnet client on windows, or using putty...

has786
08-09-13, 16:13
Had to reflash the box to get it to respond well to terminal commands. Pooface I do use putty too but DCC sometimes seems more convinient.

abu baniaz
08-09-13, 16:14
just tried on mine usung putty worked fine.

DCC does not like blank passwords. it will only let you enter the passwd command. I use putty.

has786
08-09-13, 16:22
abu you are right DCC does not like blank passwords thats why i had changed mine before and to keep the box secure too ;). Could this be because i use TSMedia and when it updated it messed with the root files somehow?

abu baniaz
08-09-13, 16:46
No, don't think. You flashed with USB and you now have the default of no password. Set the password and you will be fine with DCC.

has786
08-09-13, 17:41
Abu all seems working fine now, this box seems to work in mysterious ways only TM's GOD will know the mystical behaviour which affects some users. LOL