PDA

View Full Version : Tm-2t Stuck in Boot Up

Kefalonanman
08-09-13, 08:39
Hey guys Can anyone help me out there

I have the technomate tm2t and its awesome but i was doing some house cleaning and deleted some plugins and then rebooted,all i get now is the black page with white writing opensource Vix and the screen says booting this continues and never moves forward

i flashed the system with the september 3.0 734 image and it did everyting it should on screen but then when rebooted its the same.

have i deleted the bootloader or something and is there a way of getting it back.

hope you help

paul

Larry-G
08-09-13, 08:57
By the sounds of it your just in a Enigma bootloop, Did you restore a settings backup from the previous image when setting up the new one ? if so it's likely you also restored the corruption from the old image to the new one.

Start again, fresh flash the image then set it up from new, DO NOT restore any settings backups and see whats happens.

and no you did not delete the bootloader, if you had damaged the bootloader the receive would not boot at all nor would you be able to reflash it without sending it back to Technomate for them to j-tag it back to life.

Kefalonanman
08-09-13, 09:40
Sorry i am new to this i dontknow what you mean my restore backup.

at the moment i am putting the usb in turning power on pressing ok when it says and then it says remove usb and re power at this stage the booting cycle appears again and does not get to the usual blue screen and theres no ip so i cannot ftp into machine.

i am trying different images but the 3.0 734 is the only one thats flashed so far.

Larry-G
08-09-13, 09:45
ok follow this tutorial and let us know what happens afterwards.

How to flash a TM-2T-OE
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23846-How-to-USB-flash-upgrade-Technomate-TM-2T&p=177528&viewfull=1#post177528)

Kefalonanman
08-09-13, 09:53
Awesome many thanks i was missing the pressing exit button for 10 secs on reboot once done this all is fine

many thanks for your help

Kefalonanman
08-09-13, 09:56
Can i ask another question i want to install xmbc i have downloaded the link and then created a xmbc folder and put the ipk file in it but it doesnt show on box ami missing something does it have to be installed on pc as well or am i putting the wrong folder in should i not have unzipped it

many thanks

paul

Larry-G
08-09-13, 10:15
At the moment the XBMC plugin is a work in progress and does not work fully in ViX i'm not sure about the latest version as i have not tried that one. It may be best for you to post in the XBMC thread for that one.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30008-New-plugin-on-the-way-called-XBMCAddons-for-enigma-2&highlight=xbmc

Kefalonanman
08-09-13, 10:17
ok will do any thanks again

At the moment the XBMC plugin is a work in progress and does not work fully in ViX i'm not sure about the latest version as i have not tried that one. It may be best for you to post in the XBMC thread for that one.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30008-New-plugin-on-the-way-called-XBMCAddons-for-enigma-2&highlight=xbmc