PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Help no audio

stecra
07-09-13, 14:44
Hi I have vix on vu duo I have been using iptv also tsmedia all was working ok but now I can only get movie with out sound.Please could some one help thanks.

judge
07-09-13, 15:00
a simple reboot of the box should work.

satmanbasil
07-09-13, 15:12
Hi

There was issues with drivers that gave audio and visual problems what build are you working on? latest build has the updated drivers that resolved the audi/visual problems so update to them you can also check if your build was 720 they had the old drivers and were also ok.

stecra
07-09-13, 15:28
Hi tried the reboot this didn't work my build is open vix 3.0-521 if I have to up date drivers can you please tell me how.

judge
07-09-13, 15:35
Do a settings back-up & flash with the latest available image available on http://openvix.co.uk
Or try an online update.

Larry-G
07-09-13, 15:39
your image is over 200 builds old, it is not recommended that you update the image but perform a full reflash to the latest build, you can first create a settings backup using the backup manager and restore this backup once you have flashed the image to restore your settings and plugins.

How to flash a Vu+ Duo
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick&p=3&viewfull=1#post3)

How to make a image backup using ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9752-How-to-use-Backup-amp-Image-Manager-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX&p=220618&viewfull=1#post220618)

The process of creating a image backup is the same as that of a settings backup only the image backup uses the image manager and the settings backup uses the backup manager.

stecra
07-09-13, 16:03
I have done as judge said and done a online update don't think that this

was a good move as got screen said unattended upgrade in progress this has been like this over 20min now.

stecra
07-09-13, 16:09
Ok thanks Judge it's all good got sound took a long time too do update but all working ok now thanks for all the help from fellow members.

Larry-G
07-09-13, 16:59
I have done as judge said and done a online update don't think that this

was a good move as got screen said unattended upgrade in progress this has been like this over 20min now.

if you have picons installed from the feeds this can increase the update process by half a hour easily depending in the number of picons it has to update ( i did see something about a fix for this although i'm not sure if it's in the image (yet) or even if it will be ).

satmanbasil
08-09-13, 18:05
Hi

Note the longer you go between updates will of course take more longer to perform as it has to write and in some cases rewrite the programe before it can reboot again try and keep up to date with builds if possible it can save you alot of grief.

Tkr001
08-09-13, 21:52
And IIRC even though online updating worked you will be missing some features. Best to do as Phoenix advised and do a settings backup and then flash the latest release.