PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 3.0 729 build update problem

johnnyyen
05-09-13, 19:47
Hi the last few time I've tried to do the online update it show the screen to update but my box never restarts it just keeps saying updating I always have to flash it with USB , I've tried deleting my setting and load image from scratch but it still won't update online any ideas for me to try?

stu_iow
05-09-13, 20:06
same here (doing update via software update) and running on duo2

Larry-G
05-09-13, 20:12
Working fine here, I just updated my Solo2 ftom 729 to 733 via the GUI without any issues. Try and generate a debug log for these incidents.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

johnnyyen
05-09-13, 20:20
Sorry but I don't know how to generate a debug log

johnnyyen
05-09-13, 20:44
figured out how to do log so set it up done software update and guess what it worked this time lol so its ok now

stu_iow
06-09-13, 16:51
i have found out why my duo2 hangs on the openvix, with the large VIX rotating logo, its something to do with the dvb-t drivers i am using.

I have re-installed everything 1 by 1 and then rebooted system.
When i install the dib0700 drivers for the USB DVB-T device then reboot, it hangs on boot up (but VIX logo continues to rotate). Hope this helps. I will try and obtain a log from this, but its hard, i now have to re-install VIX from stick and loose any created logs.

Larry-G
06-09-13, 17:33
Dont forget with the Duo2 a large portion of the CPU is taken up by the LCD4linux plugin, this is known to cause a few slight issues with other programs.

Sicilian
06-09-13, 17:43
i have found out why my duo2 hangs on the openvix, with the large VIX rotating logo, its something to do with the dvb-t drivers i am using.

I have re-installed everything 1 by 1 and then rebooted system.
When i install the dib0700 drivers for the USB DVB-T device then reboot, it hangs on boot up (but VIX logo continues to rotate). Hope this helps. I will try and obtain a log from this, but its hard, i now have to re-install VIX from stick and loose any created logs.

Can you get a RS232 bootlog?

stu_iow
06-09-13, 18:01
RS232, sounds like a serial cable is required? If so, no sorry, dont have one.

Any other way of obtaining the data for you?

There are a couple of logs waiting to be sent in the logs screen, however on sending them, i am getting error 535, authentication error.
tried putting my forum username in again, but still get that issue.

Larry-G
06-09-13, 18:02
RS232, sounds like a serial cable is required? If so, no sorry, dont have one.

Any other way of obtaining the data for you?

There are a couple of logs waiting to be sent in the logs screen, however on sending them, i am getting error 535, authentication error.
tried putting my forum username in again, but still get that issue.

yeah were aware of the logs manager issue, for now just upload them here and we will look over them.

stu_iow
06-09-13, 18:24
where do i find the logs on the duo2?

Larry-G
06-09-13, 18:26
Default location is /home/root/logs/

stu_iow
06-09-13, 18:29
Ok, many thanks,
Here are the logs. hope they help.

Oh and the forum title for this is wrong, i am running vi 3.0 build 733. That is from a USB stick update.

andyblac
07-09-13, 10:14
looks to me smaba is not installed ?, are you using network mounts ? try a fresh flash and setup everything from scratch.

stu_iow
07-09-13, 18:54
I have Samba installed, i must have done that after those logs were created.

I will have a go at installing it 1 by 1 again later tonight, without restoring anything (i was installing settings before, but not plugins), maybe that will give a better result?!

johnnyyen
08-09-13, 07:57
Oh and the forum title for this is wrong, i am running vi 3.0 build 733. That is from a USB stick update.[/QUOTE]

That's because it's my thread that u have hijacked lol

stu_iow
08-09-13, 22:05
looks to me smaba is not installed ?, are you using network mounts ? try a fresh flash and setup everything from scratch.

Ok, i installed everything one at a time, then rebooted everytime. I even installed a fresh copy of 734 update from USB stick, however, everytime i install dib0700 for the dvb-t device and then reboot, it hangs on bootup with the larger VIX spinning logo, spinning in the top left corner.

judge
08-09-13, 22:42
Bootloop like this usually means crash logs.
FTP into the box, get a recent one, stored in /home/root/logs/ by default & upload them here.

stu_iow
09-09-13, 23:13
here is another log i have found on the system, hope this helps.

Will i have FTP ability fairly early on in the start-up sequence?

stu_iow
11-09-13, 16:40
I have started a new thread on this issue.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31307-duo2-not-loading-when-0700-dvb-t-drivers-installed
Sorry for hijacking the thread, hopefully its the same issue as yours anyway and we can get it sorted.