PDA

View Full Version : sundtek dvb-t/c usb -- vix driver

irishchris
18-10-10, 22:38
sundtek drivers attached

cheers sicilian uploaded fine this time

auto starts cable so to get dvb t to start once installed telnet ---- DVB_T_Tuner_autostart.sh

enjoy!!

the mipsel installer file {link below} runs an installer which connects straight to sundtek server and updates latest driver direct from there.

Sicilian
18-10-10, 22:40
Thanks m8, moved it into the VIX section. Just need some tuners now :)

irishchris
18-10-10, 22:44
cheers mate. try sundtek.com/shop delivery 4 days. let me know how you get on when you get one and if any joy with adding to vix future image

hakkers1977
18-10-10, 22:59
is this the only suported usb tuner on vu+ yet,i have an avermedia black volar, in dream elite they had about four or five diferent brands working with updates on till they said goodby.
what a waist of talent they made by selling them selfs to dream multimedia, caus they had the best image in all categories not that im saying vix is not good in fact thats what i am using on my box now,
it still lak a good bit of kit like the most important thing witsh is a very good dedicated panell that contanes almost all the important features of the box like on DE had.

guff daddy
19-10-10, 08:40
It looks like the SIF team have all drivers working for their image for the DM800 (I tried it for my WinTV Nova-T and it isn't working yet - but others have reported it works OK)
_http://forum.sifteam.eu/sifteam-enigma2-extreme-ed-dreambox-hd/81905-usb-dvb-drivers.html

SIF team includes the CrossEPG developer (Skaman) and it seems the code is available - Andyblac might want to take a look
_http://code.google.com/p/openee/"]http://code.google.com/p/openee

givecredit
19-10-10, 19:41
Can someone just explain how i install this file. Thanks..

givecredit
19-10-10, 20:19
Sorry for double posting. Does this stick work with this fix: Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-CT) OR is it the 10 euro more expensive one?

irishchris
19-10-10, 21:57
It is the 10 euro more expensive one. Sundtek media pro

RogerThis
20-10-10, 16:35
I read on another forum "Sundtek dvb-usb dont need comunication with i2c."

Is there any advantage in using the Sundtek media pro over the WinTV Nova-T bar that it works? Does it use less resources or something like that? It is a good bit more expensive.

linox
24-10-10, 21:20
Sorry for double posting. Does this stick work with this fix: Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-CT) OR is it the 10 euro more expensive one?
Works with both, the cheaper version also, I have the home version and works perfectly on my vu with the divers posted above (not tried on VIX image yet) but should work with any image.

I read on another forum "Sundtek dvb-usb dont need comunication with i2c."

Is there any advantage in using the Sundtek media pro over the WinTV Nova-T bar that it works? Does it use less resources or something like that? It is a good bit more expensive.

Main extra feature from my point of view is that it can work for cable (DVB-C) also not only as DVB-T. Also it automatically goes to standby when it is not in use, therfore longer life I assume.

Best regards

tagteam3283
26-10-10, 18:07
sorry if this is a dim kewstion, what is this device used for?

Stanman
26-10-10, 18:35
Its USB I think HD terrestrial tuner

spacemonkey
22-11-10, 14:18
Does this driver support the Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate (DVB-S/S2)

lestatmail
05-12-10, 20:22
Hey guys, someone has nanoStick pctv driver for this image is the image I love, but I wish I could use my usb-tdt. A greeting and thank you very much.

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 21:35
The only tuner working is the sundtek dvbt as stated in the title

irishchris
05-12-10, 21:38
Does this driver support the Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate (DVB-S/S2)
sundtek have now said that the dvs2 usb tuner is now supported on dreambox in beta. if you have one you could test it as the mipsel file contacts sundtek and first proccess is detection of which tuner is in it.

Palinkat
05-12-10, 22:22
Hey IrishChris,

About to flash to 1.3. I am assuming we can install the Sundtek drivers and control Panel the same way we did in 1.2, please confirm.

Ta

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 22:23
sundtek drivers are in the VIX 1.3 feeds long blue then green

Palinkat
05-12-10, 22:29
Lovely silverfox :). Is the Sundtek Control Centre there too? Very handy to start/stop/autostart the tuner. Attached if not so you can add it to the online feed.

Thanks a million!!

silverfox0786
05-12-10, 22:35
Lovely silverfox :). Is the Sundtek Control Centre there too? Very handy to start/stop/autostart the tuner. Attached if not so you can add it to the online feed.

Thanks a million!!

yes its there

both in dvb

Sicilian
05-12-10, 22:36

Thanks a million!!

Its in the plugins feed already.

Palinkat
05-12-10, 22:37
Thanks a lot guys, job well done, another superb image!!!!!!

kewell79
08-12-10, 22:42
hi!

does this USB work 100% on Vu+?

silverfox0786
08-12-10, 22:52
hi!

does this USB work 100% on Vu+?

yes it does

irishchris
08-12-10, 23:04
Yes it works 100 percent for SD and HD channels on vu+ and 100 percent on vix image. drivers are in the plugins feed :)

dfdream
09-12-10, 10:23
All,

Anyone know where to get one of these usb tuners.
Sundtek MediaTV Pro (DVB-CT, Radio, AnalogTV)
On sundtek.com the item is on back order.
Did our site sponsor have any luck in sourcing these.

D

dfdream
09-12-10, 15:12
Just got reply from sundtek.com.
The pro version is out of stock. They expect delivery at the end of December.
D

kewell79
09-12-10, 17:36
in this (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3107-sundtek-dvb-t-c-usb-fully-working-on-vix-image!!/page3) tread they say only PRO works on Vu+

but 1 person in this tread says it works with HOME also

someone tell me what is right?

irishchris
09-12-10, 17:42
i must be blind i read that thread again and dont see anyone saying the home works?? but maybe because im tired i dont see it? best way is to email sundtek and ask them. but when i asked them 4 weeks ago they told me only the pro tv one worked so unless they now support the other as well??

kewell79
09-12-10, 17:44
post #10 ..........

irishchris
09-12-10, 17:52
ahhh it is post 10 in this thread not the other linked thread. it does appear from that poster that it supports the home version which is great news. only drawback though is the lack of cable {not a big issue for most though} and the fact that the pro version goes to standby when not in use{no overheating issues}. but is definitely good for those who want to save a tenner on pro. so from that poster it seems you have the answer - it is supported ;)

rassi
23-12-10, 08:20
Does VIX support Dual Sundtek MediaTV Pro sticks?
C+C or C+T

silverfox0786
23-12-10, 08:37
Does VIX support Dual Sundtek MediaTV Pro sticks?
C+C or C+T

as far as we as a team have tested vix supports the Sundteck media tv pro c+t

the sundtek and official vuplus site will tell you what is supported and in essence as vix is based on officail so will they work on vix

rassi
23-12-10, 09:35
From Sundtek

- VU+ Duo has support for 2 USB DVB-C/T only sticks

So it should be work to use two sticks, first on C and second for T

RogerThis
13-01-11, 10:15
@IrishChris

I've seen on another post that mentioned you had 7 day epg working for Irish DTT.
Do you get the 7 day EPG over the DTT using MHEG5? or does it download from other places?

Are you able to get any teletext?

Palinkat
13-01-11, 11:20
Yep, on my side, getting the 7 day EPG over DTT, not sure it is using MHEG5. Make sure you have the option selected in menu\setup\system\customize I think.
haven't tried teletext yet.

irishchris
13-01-11, 12:31
@IrishChris

I've seen on another post that mentioned you had 7 day epg working for Irish DTT.
Do you get the 7 day EPG over the DTT using MHEG5? or does it download from other places?

Are you able to get any teletext?

hi roger

yes I am getting 7 day epg ota through dtt. it uses eit which you switch on in menu/setup/system/customise - just change option to yes. it does not do mheg 5 which rte are using for interactiver services {in future} and digital text unfortunately. rte do not have digital mheg 5 epg yet but i have no doubt in future they will as they had during test phase early last year.

RogerThis
13-01-11, 14:38
it does not do mheg 5 which rte are using for interactiver services {in future} and digital text unfortunately. rte do not have digital mheg 5 epg yet but i have no doubt in future they will as they had during test phase early last year.

Is it the vuplus or the sundtek that doesn't support mheg-5? Could it be a software addon in the near future from ViX?

irishchris
13-01-11, 14:52
as far as i know it is the vu+ as i had a nova t stick about a year ago with dreamelite and it did not have it then.

givecredit
20-01-11, 16:26
Using suntek with Irish Dtt. When i first power up box from standby and say switch to DTT channel from Satellite it can take channel about 1min to come on. I take it that this is the suntek coming out of auto standby. Is there a way to improve this process. Can i turn off auto standby or get Dtt stick to come on when taking VU out of standby?

rassi
13-02-11, 07:06
Has anyone else experienced problems with Sundtek + Vix 2.0?
I´m getting tune failed message now and then, there was no problem with Vix 1.3

Alanp
13-02-11, 09:01
Hi im getting the same issue with the sundtek sky ultimate DVB S usb tuner if I set my other tuners to not configured it works fine

linox
13-02-11, 10:01
It is working fine for me ( Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-CT)).

rassi
13-02-11, 11:10
It is working fine for me ( Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-CT)).

You have used development driver loaded from Sundtek Control center or from plugins?

edit: Tested now drivers from plugins and it works, so problem is in devel drivers.

rte
13-02-11, 16:49
My Sundtek DVB C USB works fine in VuDUo VIX 2 with development driver.
I have a Conax CAM with a paired cable-TV program card in my TV-set. It works in any TV-set with CAM-plugin in our cable-TV network. However, in VuDuo it doesn't seem to work. Is it so that the Sundtek DVB C USB tuner signal is not passing through the CAM-unit in VuDuo or how should it be explained?

rassi
17-02-11, 16:40
damn, i still got Tune failed message sometimes, i have to reboot to get it work again.

silverfox0786
17-02-11, 16:53
as far as vix is concerned the sundtek was tested by irish chris and works flawlessly on vix 2.0

wait till he is online and can give a low down on how it works

irishchris
17-02-11, 20:03
Sorry guys have not been online last few days my son has been very sick soi was in and out of docs and hospital with him.
the sundtek works 100 percent with vix 2.0 and have tested in duo and solo. Watch dvbt everyday so it gets good use and since vix 2.0 there has been even more improvement together with sundtek updated drivers.
Did you use the driver from vix plugin feeds? As it downloads the most up to date driver from sundtek.de during installation. Through the various beta reflashs that I had to do during testing it worked perfect every time with no tune failed messages with latest driver.

silverfox0786
17-02-11, 20:05
nice one chris thanks for the low down

hope yr son is ok and gets better soon

dont worry bout here just look after him

Palinkat
17-02-11, 20:47
Thanks Chris,

All the best with your son, hope he gets better soon.

Take care

rassi
17-02-11, 21:09
Did you use the driver from vix plugin feeds? As it downloads the most up to date driver from sundtek.de during installation.

Yes driver is from vix feed and also tested with Sundtek Control Center, that was also from vix feed.
i have to try re-install whole image and test it again, with vix 1.3 i didnt notice this tune failed at all.

darken9
21-02-11, 19:47
Not sure if this is off topic but can the sundtec dvb-t/c usb be bought in Ireland? I tried their website but they don't seem to deliver to here and they haven't replied to my email. I can't find them anywhere else.

punisher
21-02-11, 19:59
try this website

REMOVED URL SORRY

currently out of stock though

silverfox0786
21-02-11, 21:13
irish chris managed to order one and he is in ireland

im sure they will reply to yr email soon

irishchris
21-02-11, 21:17
they definitely deliver to ireland and across europe. I purchased mine off them few months back. once ordered you had to pay by bank transfer or through paypal which they will instruct when they reply to your email. they are normally very prompt with replies.

punisher
21-02-11, 23:23
Ooops my badness even i missed that rule lol wnt happen again

rassi
28-02-11, 21:00
Sorry guys have not been online last few days my son has been very sick soi was in and out of docs and hospital with him.
the sundtek works 100 percent with vix 2.0 and have tested in duo and solo. Watch dvbt everyday so it gets good use and since vix 2.0 there has been even more improvement together with sundtek updated drivers.

Do you use alternative services option for some channels?
I haven´t get this to work 100%, i got my ´usual´ channels which has viewed most of time C+S and with alternative services, maybe that is the problem?
Getting tune failed now and then, after reboot everything is again good.

rassi
06-04-11, 17:28
anyone noticed problems with Sundtek now?
I just do not get any picture sometimes and when DVB-T goes black reboot is only way to get picture again.

mbo
18-04-11, 11:17
Hi,
I just set=up my first ViX (v.2.1) and have sundtek Terrestrial running fine. There is a problem however with the Dolby Digital audio. I've audio downmix set to "off" as default. If I switch to channel transmitting in DD there is no sound at all. If I change the downmix to "on" the audio plays ok. Now if I switch downmix back to "off" the audio disapears for around 5 sec. and then the DD plays ok. Changing to another channel with mpg audio and back to channel with DD will recreate the problem with no DD audio. I had exact same problem with PLi image so I assume there is driver or driver/image related problem.

Any suggestion welcome,
Thanks.

warbo
06-05-11, 01:05
Not sure if this is off topic but can the sundtec dvb-t/c usb be bought in Ireland? I tried their website but they don't seem to deliver to here and they haven't replied to my email. I can't find them anywhere else.

I must read the rules!

frank
07-05-11, 21:42
Does the Sundtek Sat USB Tuner work perfectly with the Vu+ Duo with VIX 2.1 now, for Sky UK and other European satellites?

punisher
07-05-11, 22:01
the dvb stick in this thread is about the cable/terrestrial/radio version ... no sky ... for the sky you need the sky ultime one and as far as i know it should work but its currently being tested by a few to see if there are any problems or not but will have to wait and see

forrest1066
02-06-11, 14:16
the dvb stick in this thread is about the cable/terrestrial/radio version ... no sky ... for the sky you need the sky ultime one and as far as i know it should work but its currently being tested by a few to see if there are any problems or not but will have to wait and see

Any Update yet if the sky ultimate one is working yet as i would love to have one of these. The two main tuners for sly on a small dish and one of these USB tuners on a nice big 1m meter motorised setup :D

punisher
02-06-11, 14:25
Still being tested at the moment amongst a lot of other stuff. A few guys have it and tryin it out. When its fully working we'l let everyone knw

forrest1066
02-06-11, 15:16
Still being tested at the moment amongst a lot of other stuff. A few guys have it and tryin it out. When its fully working we'l let everyone knw

Thanks for the update :-)

silverfox0786
02-06-11, 19:59
Any Update yet if the sky ultimate one is working yet as i would love to have one of these. The two main tuners for sly on a small dish and one of these USB tuners on a nice big 1m meter motorised setup :D

One thing i will advise is on the sundtek forum i remeber reading even if the sky ultimate is implimented on vix it wont work as diseqe motor setup

1) Diseqc is supported, while rotor control isn't.
2)
- QPSK (DVBS2): 1-45 Msps
- 8PSK (DVBS2): 1-45 Msps
- DVBS: 1-45 Msps

Code rates
- QPSK: 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
- 8PSK: 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10

3) we are also waiting for reports from customers how the tuner performs, our tests were competitive. DVB-S2 will be supported within the next 1-2 weeks on the dreambox (the dreambox system is sending some requests which don't seem to be conform to the linux DVB API, since DVB-S2 works well with normal Linux PCs we'll work it out on the dreambox as well).

http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,475.0.html

mbo
03-06-11, 17:24
anyone noticed problems with Sundtek now?
I just do not get any picture sometimes and when DVB-T goes black reboot is only way to get picture again.

Hi, my first Sundtek did not suffer from this. I did give it to my friend and ordered second one (same, home model) Now I do get "tune failed" every few days.... brrrr

Cheers

forrest1066
21-07-11, 17:28
sorry to pester but is there any update on if this stick is now working sucessfully on the VU+ Duo?? Also i would like to ask a question, many of you advised me a while back on this thread that the USB Stick would not control a motorised setup. When the stick is working would this setup work
INTERNAL TUNER 1 - Motorised Dish Connection
INTERNAL TUNER 2 - 1st Connection for Sly Mindish static at 28 Degrees
USB TUNER - 2nd Connection for Sly Minidish static at 28 Degrees

If anyone could advise then that would be awesome :thumbsup:

forrest1066
24-08-11, 20:12
any update on this guys :thumbsup:

stick50jr
25-08-11, 06:48
Hi, my first Sundtek did not suffer from this. I did give it to my friend and ordered second one (same, home model) Now I do get "tune failed" every few days.... brrrr

Cheers

I get the same symptom on my Hauppauge Nova TD stick. Perhaps there is a memory leak or something... I'll try restarting enigma daily (via EMC 2.02 config options) and see whether my symptoms are reduced. Running VuDuo with vix 2.2.109 fitted with 4 x tuners (2 original sat tuners & 2 terrestrial tuners in usb dual Nova TD ... 7MHz bandwidth for Australian terrestrial). The Sat tuners continue to perform normally when the terrestrial tuners go missing. My terrestrial tuners are logical C & D. When only one tuner is in use, it is typically tuner C. So it is more often tuner C that goes missing and it stays missing regardless of channel changing etc. It doesn't come back with an GUI restart, it requires a full reboot. If I start a recording (of the black screen!) which commits tuner C and then attempt to view another terrestrial channel, this brings in tuner D... and sometimes, but not always, I get a picture.

Anyhow, the Missus is not impressed that her attempts to record programs from terrestrial stations often end up with an empty file.

Another option I am considering is another image, in case it is something to do with Vix?

stick50jr
25-08-11, 06:48

Cheers

I get the same symptom on my Hauppauge Nova TD stick. Perhaps there is a memory leak or something... I'll try restarting enigma daily (via EMC 2.02 config options) and see whether my symptoms are reduced. Running VuDuo with vix 2.2.109 fitted with 4 x tuners (2 original sat tuners & 2 terrestrial tuners in usb dual Nova TD ... 7MHz bandwidth for Australian terrestrial). The Sat tuners continue to perform normally when the terrestrial tuners go missing. My terrestrial tuners are logical C & D. When only one tuner is in use, it is typically tuner C. So it is more often tuner C that goes missing and it stays missing regardless of channel changing etc. It doesn't come back with an GUI restart, it requires a full reboot. If I start a recording (of the black screen!) which commits tuner C and then attempt to view another terrestrial channel, this brings in tuner D... and sometimes, but not always, I get a picture.

Anyhow, the Missus is not impressed that her attempts to record programs from terrestrial stations often end up with an empty file.

Another option I am considering is another image, in case it is something to do with Vix?

andyblac
25-08-11, 15:36
we are looking for active coders to help out with DVB-T and WIFI drivers, but yet no one has come forward to offer any help.

stick50jr
25-08-11, 16:02
we are looking for active coders to help out with DVB-T and WIFI drivers, but yet no one has come forward to offer any help.

Thanks for your reply Andy. Yes, I saw your request for coders but I fear that I don't have the experience to be of help. This type of software has interested me in the past but I've been left behind since rising to my 'Peter level' in employment which is a rather 'hands off' level.

I don't know whether it really is anything to do with vix. But if there's any way you think I can help, please let me know.

regards and thank you for your continuing efforts. (Surely some other coders will see the value in joining in given the high quality of what you've achieved)

from a very sunny place down under.

givecredit
01-09-11, 20:48

?

Have the same setup as yourself here in the Emerald Isle. Experienced same blank screen on tuner c with nova td. I finally uninstalled the vix drivers for nova t and installed the italysat plugin. Never had a problem since. Using it for over 2 months now. Just one thing to remember, everytime you do a firmware upgrade you will have to manually restart this plugin:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8329-Panel-DTT-for-all-E2-images-for-dreambox-and-VU&highlight=italysat

jgc115
04-09-11, 12:06
Have the same setup as yourself here in the Emerald Isle. Experienced same blank screen on tuner c with nova td. I finally uninstalled the vix drivers for nova t and installed the italysat plugin. Never had a problem since. Using it for over 2 months now. Just one thing to remember, everytime you do a firmware upgrade you will have to manually restart this plugin:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8329-Panel-DTT-for-all-E2-images-for-dreambox-and-VU&highlight=italysat

How do you uninstall the vix dtt drivers without re-flashing with new image? I would like to try italysat plugin on my PS3 PlayTV Dual DTT tuner.
What folder are these drivers held in?

Thanks jgc115 :confused:

bassethound
04-09-11, 12:41
There is a great uninstaller built into Tunisiasat-Panel and you can remove folders after uninstalling plugins

latest version is Tunisiasat-Panel 3.5 and works on all E2 images :thumbsup:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8349-TSpanel-%28Tunisiasat-Panel%29-by-mFaraj57

stick50jr
04-09-11, 14:42
How do you uninstall the vix dtt drivers without re-flashing with new image? I would like to try italysat plugin on my PS3 PlayTV Dual DTT tuner.
What folder are these drivers held in?

Thanks jgc115 :confused:

I have just done exactly what you're wanting to do! I uninstalled the vix dtt driver for my hauppauge nova td. I went to menu>plugins>uninstall. This took a second or two to display all the plugins installed within my image. The plugins were listed under different headings... the particular dtt driver was under 'dvb'. Once I had uninstalled this driver, I took the precaution of doing a restart/boot before I then installed the italysat plugin and used it to install their version of the driver. After another reboot it was all sweet. These drivers do seem to hang in there better than the vix drivers. So we can thank givecredit for the tip and bobsilvio (italysat) for making the driver installation routine available to enigma2 machines.

OOps! PS3 Play TV!? Maybe I haven't read your post closely enough. Are you running vix on a PS3?

Maybe bassethound has a better idea of what you're asking.

My apologies

cheers

jgc115
04-09-11, 16:10
OOps! PS3 Play TV!? Maybe I haven't read your post closely enough. Are you running vix on a PS3?

Maybe bassethound has a better idea of what you're asking.

My apologies

cheers

Thanks for the information - No, I'm not using VIX on Play Station 3 but I am using the Play Station 3 TV DTT Dual Tuner (which I bought off ebay) on my VU+ Duo. It works on my duo, using the vix WinTV DTT drivers but unfortunately I'm getting a few hangs and tuner timeouts with the latest VIX image. So I'm going to try this italysat driver to see if sorts these intermittent problems.

I've been using PS3 TV tuner since Vix 2.1 where I had no issues at all but since updating to 2.2.100 I'm getting the odd hang.

Thanks a million and thanks to bassethound for the link!

- jgc115:)

jgc115
04-09-11, 16:15
Apologies for double post

- jgc115 :D

Der_Andy_C
14-09-11, 23:35
Hi,

I got my Sundtek pro USB stick today, and have tried to hook it up to my vu+ duo. I seem to have the drivers and Sundtek control centre installed from the DVB section of the plugins list, and can start the tuner from the control centre, but that is also where my problems start. I still only see the two internal tuners in the tuner config menu, and if i try to restart the duo hangs with no output to my TV and "Starting..." on the LED display on the duo. If I unplug the USB connection and restart it again then it starts up as normal, but with the Sundtek connected the duo can't be turned on.

I'm trying to use it for a DVB-C signal.

It's possible that I have missed something obvious, but would appreciate any pointers :confused:

I have searched for Sundtek and DVBC on the forum but this is the only thread that appears to be relevant.

Thanks,

Andy

Der_Andy_C
14-09-11, 23:36
Hi,

I got my Sundtek pro USB stick today, and have tried to hook it up to my vu+ duo. I seem to have the drivers and Sundtek control centre installed from the DVB section of the plugins list, and can start the tuner from the control centre, but that is also where my problems start. I still only see the two internal tuners in the tuner config menu, and if i try to restart the duo hangs with no output to my TV and "Starting..." on the LED display on the duo. If I unplug the USB connection and restart it again then it starts up as normal, but with the Sundtek connected the duo can't be turned on.

It's possible that I have missed something obvious, but would appreciate any pointers :confused:

I have searched for Sundtek and DVBC on the forum but this is the only thread that appears to be relevant.

Thanks,

Andy

irishchris
15-09-11, 01:01
Ftp into box. If you installed driver correctly then there should be a sundtek folder in usr/script folder.
If its there then telnet into box. Type cd /usr/script
Press enter
Now type DVB_C_Tuner_autostart.sh
Press enter
Reboot box and it will now be showing as tuner c in your service searching menu.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Der_Andy_C
15-09-11, 07:59
Thanks for the quick reply chris :)

I don't have a sundtek directory in usr\script and usr\scripts is empty. I uninstalled the driver from the plugin menu then reinstalled it, and noticed that there IS a directory \usr\sundtek

i tried moving the sundtek directory to \usr\script but then the control centre just said that thee driver wasn't present and i should reinstall it. I did this and the \usr\sundtek directory reappeared.

Assuming that the driver WAS installed i logged in via telnet as you suggested, but when i tried to run DVB_C_Tuner_autostart.sh as you said it replied that this was not found despite my being able to see it in the FTP folder.

I have also noticed that whenever I have the USB adapter connected and try to start it from the sundtek control centre, the audio stops playing and I need to restart in order to get it back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Der_Andy_C
15-09-11, 12:22
sorry about the double posts

Der_Andy_C
15-09-11, 13:05
Not sure what i done, but the tuner is showing up now :D

It says there is nothing to scan though... more fudging ahead methinks!

Der_Andy_C
15-09-11, 14:59
I can scan DVB-T frequencies, although as there is no DVB-T signal where I live this unsurprisingly brings nothing. I can't scan DVB-C though. I have edited the tuner settings to be as inclusive as possible, but each time it tells me there is nothing there to scan.

from looking at the sundtek website / forum I saw that this has been an issue with network IDs, and that it is an issue with the Enigma2 settings.

Any ideas on how to get the duo to scan everything on DVB-C and then let me pick what I want?

I will check again tonight, but I have already had a DVB-C compliant TV scan the spectrum and tune in automatically so it can't be impossible!

irishchris
16-09-11, 09:14
did you go into system/service searching/tuner coniguration and press ok on tuner C. select the cable that is applicable to you. then reboot. now run automatic scan. if still having problems double check the cable connection into your sundtek tuner :thumbsup:

Alanp
16-09-11, 09:34
Sorry posted twice by mistake

Alanp
16-09-11, 09:36
Hi,

Thanks,

Andy

I had similar problems using the sundtek control center to download the driver for the DVB S2 stick. Try downloading the driver from sundtek then installing via telnet this worked for me good luck

Der_Andy_C
17-09-11, 12:01
I finally got it sorted, thanks for the suggestions. I think I know now what the problem was;

There were 2 stages to the problem, the sundtek driver, and tuning.

When I was installing the driver it was trying to create some folder locations that already existed, and so was throwing up error messages. When i saw the error messages I assumed that the installation had failed so pressed OK on the remote which aborted the running of the driver installation script. When I tried it later I set it running then went off to do something else which gave it the time to go through the rest of the script and install the complete driver. This got Tuner C up in the tuner config box.

The next stage of the problem was with the tuning. (As far as I'm aware) I tried every possible combination of setup options for the DVB-C signal, but was unable to do an automatic scan. Every time I tried to get it to scan it said that there was nothing to scan. Some serious googling pulled up a few other people on other forums (notably the Sundtek forum), who had been having the same issue. According to Sundtek the scanning is an Enigma2 issue, and nothing to do with the Sundtek driver. I did find however that I could scan single transponders on the DVB-C band, however not knowing which transponders my cable provider uses didn't help much. I ended up taking my Samsung monitor (with integrated DVB-C tuner) out of my home office and doing an auto scan, then pulling the transponder info off there. Once I had this info I could simply do the scans on the Vu+, and put the channels into my bouquets with DBedit. A bit of a workaround, but now that it's setup I don't have to do it again. It would be good though if in the future a full-band automatic scan would be possible of the DVB-C band.

As a side note - if you are in the same situation ie only able to scan a single DVB-C transponder and don't have a compatible TV, it is possible to do it with a piece of software called TransEdit on a PC. It seems to take AGES to go through all the options, but would at least allow you to discover where the channels you want are in order to scan those specific transponders with the Vu+

Once again - thanks for the pointers, I'm not sure I could have got it completely working on my own :)

Andy