PDA

View Full Version : Stuck after Update..

Cosuir
05-09-13, 15:59
Hi guys, ill first say thanks for spending the time to look at this thread, i will first apologise as i am a complete noob..

So here goes,

Ive had my VU+ duo now for over a month, alls really been sweet with it..until now.

I updated the box today and now its stuck on 'starting' on the display, I think i was running vix 3.0 but cant be sure.

Ive read a lot of threads regarding this but to be honest most go over my head.

So i think if i download bootloader this will help to boot up the system, other that that do i just do a full flash ( put prog on formatted usb, add to player and turn on?)

I don't have much more technical info as i cant access the menu.

Thanks for any help given...and again im sorry for being sooo new to this world!

Cosuir!

Larry-G
05-09-13, 16:06
Is the box genuine as we know that clones can not run the latest images due to security measures in the drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cosuir
05-09-13, 16:10
Yeah its an original (i think) ive updated a few times already in the last few weeks with no issue. Do i need to reimage?

Larry-G
05-09-13, 17:01
I'd try and find out for certain if it's a genuine unit then go from there as we know the latest drivers in the newer builds contain the anti clone measures and give this exact result.

Cosuir
05-09-13, 18:30
Ok mate, thanks a lot for your help... if it turns out to be a clone am i screwed?

Larry-G
05-09-13, 19:02
Ok mate, thanks a lot for your help... if it turns out to be a clone am i screwed?

If it's a clone then we cant offer support for it.

ea.xlns
05-09-13, 19:30
After which version did anti clone measures come into force?

Larry-G
05-09-13, 19:37
The anti clone measures are part of Vu+ hardware drivers not the image, cant remember which driver release had the new security update but if you have a genuine unit you have nothing to worry about.

satmanbasil
06-09-13, 21:16
Hi Mate

Try and recall what build and drivers you was on before you may need to use an older version image with old drivers in it to get you up and running again after which you can explore if this is a clone or not. Where did you purchase the stb from ?