PDA

View Full Version : Inadyn Set-Up

safinn
05-09-13, 14:40
So I have gone to noip.com, registered and set up a host for my ip address at the location my solo is connected to.
I have now entered the information inside Inadyn on the box.

How do I now ftp to the box from another network?

Thanks.

dwarf
05-09-13, 14:46
You will need to log in to your router and forward the revelent ports to the internal ip address of the solo.

I would also recommend setting a password on the box using the telnet command "passwd" and enabling the authentication on open webif if your forwarding port 80.

safinn
05-09-13, 14:55
ok so port forward port 80 to the ip address of my solo (192.168.1.x) and then use the noip address in an ftp client and that is it?

judge
05-09-13, 15:17
The default FTP port is 21, but to open this to the outside world, you really should have it password protected.

safinn
05-09-13, 15:25
Yes I will telnet and add a password as dwarf suggested. What about streaming? What ports would that be? Or do you do the same as local and get the link from webif and use in vlc?

duoduo
05-09-13, 15:30
is there a sticky for this somewhere? I see what the OP is trying to do and also seen a few times of late people asking the same sort of question.

judge
05-09-13, 15:53
is there a sticky for this somewhere? I see what the OP is trying to do and also seen a few times of late people asking the same sort of question.

Have a read of some of the guides (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301-ViX-Team-Images-Guides-Here), everything should already be in there.

dwarf
05-09-13, 16:39
If you want full access to the services on the box forward :-
port 80 open Webif
port 21 FTP
port 8001 Streaming

safinn
05-09-13, 17:48
I changed the ftp port in etc>services. Then i stopped and started the ftp service on the box and now i cannot connect with either port. Using the new port i entered it tells me that the port failed.

I port forwarded the new port also.

Any ideas?