PDA

View Full Version : Adding icons

parma
05-09-13, 10:31
I have a duo and a duo2 on a multi dish with the latest vix i have added multi picons via dreambox control centre. i was wondering, i like the look of a set of 28e picons can i just ftp them in the same picon file or would it just override the whole multi picons and just leave me the 28e. also does anyone know of a tutorial of how to install picons via usb thanks

duoduo
05-09-13, 12:37
What I think will happen, is when you transfer into the existing picon folder with new 28.2 picons it will replace all of the currentt 28.2 ones only, you will still have all the other ones (non 28.2). With reference to installing via usb, the usb wont transfer the picons into your existing folder it will just sit as a picon folder on your usb (hope that makes sense?) The problem i had with this was that if you have another set somewhere else on your box i.e flash then they will clash, i was getting alot of crashes because i didnt realise i had duplicate sets installed, so uninstalled one set and had no further issues.

The best thing I would suggest is to put all picons you want onto a usb and just use that.

parma
05-09-13, 14:02
Thanks for that I don't use a USB unlike most on here for picons I use my hdd what I was getting at was instead of ftp picons how would you transfer via USB on to hdd

duoduo
05-09-13, 14:11
I believe you can only do that by FTP and transferring the folder across, having said that when you are on the receiver if you have mounted your usb, try and locate it and you might be able to move contents to a different area. For example if i press the media button it takes me to my recordings, press the yello button and it will show all available sources, click the usb option locate the folder then press grene (i think from memory) it should say move and then move to where you want it to go.

roy0110
05-09-13, 14:58
on a side note, HDD is the most unsuitable place to have your picons.
your receiver internal memory would be best, then usb stick then HDD.
is it a set of custom picons you have that are not available on the feeds?
there are plenty of picon sets for multisat and 28E on the feeds.
just curious.

parma
05-09-13, 15:40
Yes it's picons on this site that I downloaded and placed on USB. I place them in hdd I don't like a USB sticking out the back of the box when I got a 2T hdd why do you say it's unsuitable and why is the internal memory best

judge
05-09-13, 15:49
HDD is fine if it's spinning all the time - i.e. PTS is enabled.
Internal flash gives fastest access.