PDA

View Full Version : Green Light Blank Screen

suley
04-09-13, 22:50
Hey Guys,

I basically went and flashed a friends box from Vix to Black Hole, I really liked black hole but after installing TS Panel i would occasionally get the green screen of death (enigma crash screen). I thought it might be because TS panel was supposed to over write system files, as per a prior post (not sure if it still does) so i decided to put back Vix on it as im supposed to set it up the box and just get it working for my friend, i went and loaded openvix-3.0.729 into the box and flashed, when i rebooted i got a blank screen and a green light on the box, not sure why. i reflashed the box again and the same thing, i tried to put the Black Hole image and again I would get the same result. I decided to try openvix-3.0.726 purely as it was the next to last release and the box booted fine this time after boot. The only issue i seem to have now is if the box needs to reboot or i press the restart button at the box the box seems to reboot but get the black screen and green light. I find pulling the power cable and putting in again seems to clear the issue. I did a quick search on the forum and found I needed to load a bootloader to the box before flashing. When i had flashed i had used a guide which basically said unzip the files into a usb stick and stick in and boot the box. Since it did not mention any bootloader and the latest vix thread for v3 does not have any bootloader attached am i right in thinking i dont need the bootloader? And can it be the cause of the blank screen, i have decided not to play with the box at the min since its booting but want to eliminate the rebooting issue.

judge
04-09-13, 22:59
You flash the bootloader in the exact same way you flash the image, only it flashes a lot faster.
Try the latest bootloader & image from http://www.openvix.co.uk

How old is the box & are you sure it isn't a clone?

Larry-G
04-09-13, 23:01
There has not been a bootloader update for the solo in a long time ( around a year in fact ) so if it was previously running a ViX 3.0.xx series image there would be no reason to suspect the bootloader being at fault.

what versions on the ViX image have you tried and are you sure this is a genuine receiver as Vu+ have recently updated the drivers with a new anti clone patch which they do from time to time.

suley
05-09-13, 08:42
There has not been a bootloader update for the solo in a long time ( around a year in fact ) so if it was previously running a ViX 3.0.xx series image there would be no reason to suspect the bootloader being at fault.

what versions on the ViX image have you tried and are you sure this is a genuine receiver as Vu+ have recently updated the drivers with a new anti clone patch which they do from time to time.

Version of Vix i tried that is working at the min is 3.0.726 however i had loaded black hole 2.0.5 fine earlier,

You flash the bootloader in the exact same way you flash the image, only it flashes a lot faster.
Try the latest bootloader & image from http://www.openvix.co.uk

How old is the box & are you sure it isn't a clone?

The box seems to be a few months old, as far as i am aware its not a clone, was going to have a look at later today. Just to get it right first usb stick in and use bootloader then run the same with the latest vix image, correct?

Larry-G
05-09-13, 12:35
Blackhole 2.0.5 is running the older driver that dont have the updated anti clone measures in place, i recommend you find out for certain if it's a clone or not then we can go from there.

suley
06-09-13, 08:39
Some good news, I noticed there was a new Vix build yesterday, so i decided to try again, strangely it worked, booted fine and also i no longer has the reboot issue. Now to find a decent iptv plugin.