PDA

View Full Version : MiniDLNA not starting or working

hyperjase
04-09-13, 19:09
I've sucessfully managed to get everything set up nicely on my box, apart from sorting the channels (what's the best way of doing this? I'd like a preference of making everything look like Sky). I'm trying to get the MiniDLNA server set up but it won't start or autostart won't change. Every time I've tried doing this it just doesn't work. What am I missing?

Also I read that it's possible to stream the tuners? This I'm definitely interesting in getting working .. but most importantly getting the DLNA set up is my next job.

Many thanks.

(PS I was recommended the VU+ Duo by a friend and I am EXTREMELY impressed!)

Huevos
04-09-13, 21:40
I'd like a preference of making everything look like SkyIf you want it to look like Sky why did you buy a Vu+? Why not just use a Sky box? :confused:

What ¡s the problem with MiniDLNA? Just tried installing and it works fine for me and can access it on my Samsung TV.

To stream just connect to your box via webif and click on the tv icon next to the channel you want to stream.

hyperjase
04-09-13, 21:47
I wanted the channel set up to look like Sky, just not all over the place -- managed to get that sussed.

MiniDLNA just isn't starting - it shows as stopped, I hit the button to start it - but nothing happens. I click to enable autostart - that doesn't change either. It just doesn't do anything. Maybe I'll try the telnet route to see if I can update that package. I did find I was having issues when I tried an update.

Huevos
04-09-13, 21:58
If you are talking about Sky numbering just use AutoBouquetsMaker and it will create bouquets with Sky numbering.

What image build are you using? Autostart is the default setting for MiniDLNA. As soon as I installed it, it was up and running with autostart enabled. Not sure what's going wrong for you. Is your network connection configured correctly? Are you using a static or dynamic IP?

hyperjase
05-09-13, 18:17
I've posted a few issues here -- http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31115-Error-installing-ipk-on-Vu-Duo&p=234396#post234396

Here's my image details (taken from Webif):

Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 3.0.720
Gui version: 2013-08-14

hyperjase
07-09-13, 20:20
Right ... my problem has re-occurred. I reflashed my Duo because I was having hard drive issues, so I have everything working again now. But MiniDLNA isn't working - not starting or has autostart enabled. For whatever reason prior to the reflash, it started working and I'm not sure why or how, it just kicked in.

Surely I'm missing something here? I've done the opkg update and upgrade - but that hasn't made any difference? Although I did notice on the upgrade, MiniDLNA wasn't mentioned in the configuring list....