PDA

View Full Version : Access feeds downloads alternative way

duoduo
04-09-13, 12:58
Hi, you may have seen from my recent post that I am unable to get access to WOS or Openvix via my home router IP address. The consquence also of this is that I am unable to access the feeds downloads to personalise my new Solo2, gutted. I know what extras I want to put on the box and as I cant do it via the box please can someone tell me is there a website i can go onto to access the skins and extensions. I am currently at work and can access anything WOS related no problems. I was hoping that i could install to laptop now and FTP or put on USB and install when i get home later.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

girginoz
04-09-13, 13:27
i get my skins from

openpli.org/forums/index.php?
(Need membership to download ipk files)

duoduo
04-09-13, 14:24
and these work no problem with VIX image?

judge
04-09-13, 14:29
I doubt they woud be fully compatible.
Use the download zip link at the right of this page:
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-skins
To get current ViX skins

girginoz
04-09-13, 14:32
and these work no problem with VIX image?

what i use (pli hd marcino mod) works fine with pli based images (vix/atv/rsi)
furthermore, most vix skins are there imho

duoduo
04-09-13, 14:32
Thanks you Trial, what about none Vix ones? I like Army Moodblue skin at present and the version posted originally on the forum was updated about 2 weeks ago so am looking for the most up to date one which is Vix compatible.

Larry-G
04-09-13, 15:18
Thanks you Trial, what about none Vix ones? I like Army Moodblue skin at present and the version posted originally on the forum was updated about 2 weeks ago so am looking for the most up to date one which is Vix compatible.

You can get the moodblue skin from the GIT, cant post the link at the moment though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

duoduo
04-09-13, 15:36
Thanks Phoenix, I have dl the master copy and now have a folder skin-PLi-Army-MoodBlueHD-mod-master (after extracting from zip). Inside is a folder usr and read me file. Please can you tell me the steps now via FTP (path)

judge
04-09-13, 15:38
Extract any skins you want to use to /usr/share/enigma2/

Larry-G
04-09-13, 15:38
Thanks Phoenix, I have dl the master copy and now have a folder skin-PLi-Army-MoodBlueHD-mod-master (after extracting from zip). Inside is a folder usr and read me file. Please can you tell me the steps now via FTP (path)

My mind has gone blank rite now buddy ( que the tumbleweed scene lol ). Ill see what I can do when I fire up the laptop as im at work and cant go online with any thing but my phone for now.

duoduo
04-09-13, 15:53
Thanks matey

duoduo
04-09-13, 16:04
Extract any skins you want to use to /usr/share/enigma2/

Do I put the usr folder here or the contents

judge
04-09-13, 16:09
transfer the /usr folder to the root of the flash.

Larry-G
04-09-13, 16:09
Do I put the usr folder here or the contents

The best way I can describe rite now is to open the archive then FTP to the the same location on the box and copy all the files from the archive to the same folders as they appear on the box. So USR from the archive to USR on the box. Hope that makes sense.

girginoz
04-09-13, 16:21
Thanks @judge, @pheonix, i knew ipk loading only, this will help i hope

duoduo
04-09-13, 17:27
Bamboozled lol.. Maybe I will wait until your at your laptop mate

Larry-G
04-09-13, 17:30
simply open the archive and open a FTP session at the same time.

in FTP navigate to the USR folder then transfer all files from the archive to the exact same folders in the USR directory on your box, when it's done reboot.