PDA

View Full Version : you tube

sublimecantona
03-09-13, 16:34
hi guys
is there a you tube plugin for the venton hd2? i tried searching for it under the download plugin menu but cant find it - is it named as something else?

thanks

Mr. Mister
03-09-13, 17:03
youtube no longer works on any stb..

Larry-G
03-09-13, 17:08
well it does but there are a lot of licence restrictions involved with certain versions.

sublimecantona
03-09-13, 17:09
oh ok - so I take it its a no go - :(

thanks guys

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 17:18
If you have an iPhone you can use the airplayer plugin - works a treat.

Tapatalker

sublimecantona
03-09-13, 17:23
bubble - i have an android phone - Im allergic to iphones :p

Larry-G
03-09-13, 17:26
I have an android phone - Im allergic to iphones :p

GOOD MAN.

:thumbsup:

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 17:27
bubble - i have an android phone - Im allergic to iphones :p

The Venton migh not be - I don't know if airplayer is on android or even compatable with the plugin but might be worth researching.

There are two other plugins with YouTube built in. MediaPortal and TsMedia. Both are very good, will give you more than YT, but I don't use them for YT so can't say if they'll work or how well. Give them a try - they are worth it regardless.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 17:30
GOOD MAN.

:thumbsup:

The horror! Apple haters! My Bro simply calls me an IPhone W..nker.
I'm in the minority methinks.

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
03-09-13, 17:32
Youtube does not work in TSmedia..

But there are a few other video/media plugins in TSmedia.. that work perfectly well..

Dailymotion.. Metacafe.. and Vettle..

Larry-G
03-09-13, 17:33

Tapatalker

LMAO, i just set up my sisters new iphone for her the other day, i had to break into one of my first aid kits for a pair of gloves before i could handle it without breaking out in hives LOL.

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 17:37
Then you'll love what happened to my Nephew. Upgraded from IP4 to IP5 for €250, gave the 4 to his Sis, following day he dropped the 5 smashing the screen (though it still works - digitiser is Ok) and that night it fell off the table into the dogs water bowl. Sounds like he has a bigger allergy to them than you.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
03-09-13, 18:02
Youtube does not work in TSmedia.
Hmmm, it used to work in TS-media.

Stanman
03-09-13, 19:45

Tapatalker

Have to say mate got the wife a 4S and compared to her old HTC desire HD, its a worse phone to use, everything is more presses and slower as well. I was tempted to get a 5 to replace my Samsung S3 but nah, its miles better

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 20:41
You guys might need to Change the thread title if this i-bashing continues.

Just tested YouTube on both TSMedia and Media Portal and both works. There were some feeds missing in TSMedia alright but it does work - seems a double press on OK was needed on some of the vids.

Jailbreak is the only way to go - total freedom to get the phone to do what you like which can make all those presses into one action. Sky and Apple restrict soo much considering what you pay for their services/gear.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
03-09-13, 20:59
Just tested YouTube on both TSMedia and Media Portal and both works. There were some feeds missing in TSMedia alright but it does work - seems a double press on OK was needed on some of the vids.
OK, good to hear. It worked last time I checked, but I don't use them regular.

Mr. Mister
03-09-13, 22:24

Cheers bud.. Will have to have a look to see why mine is not working..

grapenose
03-09-13, 23:43
Media portal has You Tube but it is in German.

sublimecantona
05-09-13, 13:00
thanks for the input guys and love the iphone bashing :) will give TSMedia a go

Rob van der Does
05-09-13, 13:06
Attached the latest version. Will be on the feeds on build 734.

mickyblueys
05-09-13, 17:00
If you have an iPhone you can use the airplayer plugin - works a treat.

Tapatalker

Airplayer also works on android, if you have the app "imediashare lite" or similar!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

kanwar
11-09-13, 11:48
Attached the latest version. Will be on the feeds on build 734.

Hi, I've just tried this plugin and there are a couple of problems.

1. It does not let you access 'favourites', the screen is locked.

2. Trying to 'update' causes the box to reboot.

Any fix for this or an alternative such as an older version of the plugin? I am only looking for youtube. Thanks.

Rob van der Does
11-09-13, 12:16
What update? 3.9 is the latest version.

kanwar
11-09-13, 12:18
What update? 3.9 is the latest version.

Yes, 3.9. On VIX image 734. The update problem is not an issue but it's just that the favourites menu is locked (you can't move in it) which hinders the use of youtube.

Rob van der Does
11-09-13, 12:21
According to the author that should have been fixed in version 3.9

kanwar
11-09-13, 12:22
It hasn't been fixed, unfortunately. Not at all. Can someone inform him?

Rob van der Does
11-09-13, 14:19
The updating doesn't seem to be a problem: the version on the feeds is 3.9 and having installed it there is a small update (--> 3.91) available).
Please report your other problem to the author: he is very active on

http://openpli.org/forums/topic/28186-tsmedia-enigma2-plugin-10/

kanwar
11-09-13, 17:44
The updating doesn't seem to be a problem: the version on the feeds is 3.9 and having installed it there is a small update (--> 3.91) available).
Please report your other problem to the author: he is very active on

http://openpli.org/forums/topic/28186-tsmedia-enigma2-plugin-10/

OK, thanks.

kanwar
12-09-13, 00:27
Hi, just for anyone who wants to know, I posted on the forum, as Rob kindly suggested. The trick with the favourites section is to use the 0 and 8 keys for up and down.

I'm also trying to get the issue with update causing crash fixed. Can someone else test on their Unibox and see if they get the latter problem?

Thanks!

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 04:28
I can't believe this update issue is box-specific. Please de-install TS-Media, restart GUI, install TS-Media (no GUI restart), do the update and restart GUI.

BubbleBalls
12-09-13, 11:29
I do remember a crash after updates BUT I put that down to the GUI needing a restart.

So I look at it as being a forced restart, rather than a crash (rightly or wrongly) - once restarted there are no issues.

Tapatalker

kanwar
12-09-13, 17:10
I can't believe this update issue is box-specific. Please de-install TS-Media, restart GUI, install TS-Media (no GUI restart), do the update and restart GUI.

This does not work. It still crashes when trying to update. I will send the logfiles now.