PDA

View Full Version : unable to flash gigablue ue

bacon_&_cabbage
03-09-13, 15:25
unable to flash gigablue ue
I have downloaded the latest vix image for the receiver
Extracted the files.
Copied the gigablue folder over usb pen drive formatted as fat 32. (gigablue/ue/8files)
Turned the receiver of.
Inserted the usb stick.
Restarted the box.

It boots straight back into vix. The reason I want to reinstall is at the moment I am unable to install any kind of plugins either ipk, or form the plugins menu, it hangs and crashes the receiver and then reboots.
I keep getting the following message: after trying to install the ipk from tmp

Collection errors.
*Parse_from_stream-nomalloc: Excessively long line at 7. Corrupt file. the plugins I was trying to install ended in mipsel32.ipk

I have also done a factory restore on the image but the problem is still there.

at the moment its on
vix3.0
Build 668
Drivers 2013-30-11
Last update 2013-05-21

I have tried now several usb keys which all work on the gigablue quad.
Also have used hp format tool to format the usb sticks to fat32

Is there any other way around this, like copying the file to my external hard drive which is set for epg and recordings, which vix can see.

Or has anyone got a backup for the above receiver that I could install through vix.

at the moment its on
vix3.0
Build 668
Drivers 2013-30-11
Last update 2013-05-21

Any help or info greatly appreciated.

Larry-G
03-09-13, 15:33
unable to flash gigablue ue
I have downloaded the latest vix image for the receiver
Extracted the files.
Copied the gigablue folder over usb pen drive formatted as fat 32. (gigablue/ue/8files)
Turned the receiver of.
Inserted the usb stick.
Restarted the box.

It boots straight back into vix. The reason I want to reinstall is at the moment I am unable to install any kind of plugins either ipk, or form the plugins menu, it hangs and crashes the receiver and then reboots.
I keep getting the following message: after trying to install the ipk from tmp

Collection errors.
*Parse_from_stream-nomalloc: Excessively long line at 7. Corrupt file. the plugins I was trying to install ended in mipsel32.ipk

I have also done a factory restore on the image but the problem is still there.

at the moment its on
vix3.0
Build 668
Drivers 2013-30-11
Last update 2013-05-21

I have tried now several usb keys which all work on the gigablue quad.
Also have used hp format tool to format the usb sticks to fat32

Is there any other way around this, like copying the file to my external hard drive which is set for epg and recordings, which vix can see.

Or has anyone got a backup for the above receiver that I could install through vix.

at the moment its on
vix3.0
Build 668
Drivers 2013-30-11
Last update 2013-05-21

Any help or info greatly appreciated.

You can use the image manager to flash image's easily without the need for a USB stick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Mister
03-09-13, 15:36
Use The HP formatting tool to format your USB pen..

Just google it.. and install.. Then run as adminastrator..

then put your image on the USB pen..

bacon_&_cabbage
03-09-13, 15:42
Thanks for the replys guys,
Have also reformatted the usb sticks with hp format tool. No joy. I know the hp mem stick just used this morning to flash my quad receiver.

I was in image manager but it finds the backups no problem but what about a new image.
Can i get some more info on how to the above through image manager.

Thanks guys

Larry-G
03-09-13, 15:46
we have a known issue at the moment with downloading new images via the image manager but you can manually FTP any image of your choice to the backup folder and then use the image manager to restore that image.

Larry-G
03-09-13, 15:46
How to restore flash a image in ViX 3.0 without a USB stick ( all receivers )
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28833-How-to-restore-flash-a-image-in-ViX-3-0-without-a-USB-stick-(-all-receivers-)&p=215907&viewfull=1#post215907)

bacon_&_cabbage
03-09-13, 16:00
Thanks all who replied.
Il let you know how I get on, roughly how long should it take to flash the image from within vix image manager

Larry-G
03-09-13, 16:09
Thanks all who replied.
Il let you know how I get on, roughly how long should it take to flash the image from within vix image manager

Less time than it takes to flash via a USB stick. I regurally use this method on my boxes and it takes less than two minutes almost every time.

bacon_&_cabbage
03-09-13, 16:14
Ok guys still no joy,
downloaded openvix-3.0 729-gb800ue-usb.zip
extracted it.
ftp'd over gigablue folder to /media/hdd/imagebackups
then went into vix image manager and chosse gigablue.
Then I got a warning that said "Sorry the image gigablue is not compatible with this gigablue hd 800 ue"

Any ideas

Larry-G
03-09-13, 16:19
Ok guys still no joy,
downloaded openvix-3.0 729-gb800ue-usb.zip
extracted it.
ftp'd over gigablue folder to /media/hdd/imagebackups
then went into vix image manager and chosse gigablue.
Then I got a warning that said "Sorry the image gigablue is not compatible with this gigablue hd 800 ue"

Any ideas

Dont extract the gigablue folder. Extract the archive then copy the whole thing to the image backup folder.

bacon_&_cabbage
03-09-13, 16:36
When I have openvix-3.0 729-gb800ue-usb.zip extracted, it gives me another folder, called gigablue and in that there is ue and in that is 8 files, so all is in there and correct.

I am sending over gigablue folder and all its contents.

is that correct.

Larry-G
03-09-13, 16:44
When I have openvix-3.0 729-gb800ue-usb.zip extracted, it gives me another folder, called gigablue and in that there is ue and in that is 8 files, so all is in there and correct.

I am sending over gigablue folder and all its contents.

is that correct.

no just extract the .zip file then copy the whole openvix-3.0 729-gb800ue-usb folder including the gigablue folder to the image backup folder on your box then use the image manager to restore that.

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 18:28
Got it sorted as far as getting the folder , I switched to windows amd used 7 zip ftp'd the folder over to image backups and went in to vix and choose the image, all started got the usual warning message, but it went no further than that, it remained like for over half an hour, tried 3 different images, vix, openmips and power-board and all were the same.

So im still no further on but thanks for the reply's and help guys.

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 20:14
When you say a single gigablue folder what do you mean.
Im trying to install vix, when extracted I have a gigablue folder, then a ue folder and then the 8 files is in folder, is that correct.

Stanman
04-09-13, 20:18
on the root of your USB there should only be one folder called gigablue

Larry-G
04-09-13, 20:19
If you's just using a USB stick to flash the image then yes thats correct just copy the gigablue folder and it's contents to the USB stick if using the image manager however you need to go one more level up for example.

I use 7zip. I highlight the file with the right hand mouse button then select extract to openvix-4.2-vusolo2_usb ( for example ), it's this folder i then copy to the image manager.

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 20:29
thanks stanman was trying that.
I know thats how i flash my quad and it works every time.
the problem is it boots straight back into vix. I know the usbs key work because I tested them on the quad which worked perfectly. I have tried several now at this stage,
Also the usb port on the receiver works because its connected to my hard-drive for the epg and recordings etc.

Stanman
04-09-13, 20:30
thanks stanman was trying that.
I know thats how i flash my quad and it works every time.
the problem is it boots straight back into vix. I know the usbs key work because I tested them on the quad which worked perfectly. I have tried several now at this stage,
Also the usb port on the receiver works because its connected to my hard-drive for the epg and recordings etc.

Make sure all other USB devices are disconnected and than give it a whirl

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 20:37
Did that as well, and no joy,

Also just bought a new memory stick to day just checked on the quad and it work offering to install new image by hitting ok.

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 21:04
On the back of the quad there is a power switch which I always turn off after shutdown.
Then insert my memory stick and switch on the quad and it works,
But on the ue there is no power switch,
So what is the correct procedure here I have tried the following
Put it into deep standby and inserted usb, it rebooted straight back into vix,
Put it into deep standby, pulled the power cable, inserted memory stick plugged in power cable and it reboots itself but boots straight back into vix.

Clutching at straws here now.

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 21:23
How do you do a screen dump of a folder.

Larry-G
04-09-13, 21:26
if you'r using windows 7 use the snipping tool

judge
04-09-13, 21:28
I'm not familiar with this box, but is there a button to press on startup to tell it to use the USB?

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 21:33
if you'r using windows 7 use the snipping tool

Best thing to do is do a screen dump of the uSB folder when you put the image onto it as mostly likely that's whats wrong

Yeah Im using windows 7 and have the windows 7 snipping tool, so what do I do next never done this before.
If you could give me some detailed in fo on how to do above be great.

Thanks for all help so far people on this headache

bacon_&_cabbage
04-09-13, 22:30
Would this be a bootloader problem that i cant flash from the usb,

judge
04-09-13, 22:35
Would this be a bootloader problem that i cant flash from the usb,

Could be, impossible to know without knowing what current bootloader is on the box though.
Try the latest one available for the box on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/ & let us know.

Larry-G
04-09-13, 22:36
Best thing to do is do a screen dump of the uSB folder when you put the image onto it as mostly likely that's whats wrong

Yeah Im using windows 7 and have the windows 7 snipping tool, so what do I do next never done this before.
If you could give me some detailed in fo on how to do above be great.

Thanks for all help so far people on this headache

To use the windows snipping tool first make sure you have the folders open to exactly how you want them to be for the screen shot then hit the windows key and type snip then hit enter. from here you can choose they type of screen shot you want to take. as for the bootloader it's worth a try but i have never used a gigablue so not sure on the procedure for flashing the bootloader.

bacon_&_cabbage
05-09-13, 11:07
Hope this can help

Thanks

bacon_&_cabbage
05-09-13, 16:38
HOw do you install the latest bootloader I have downloaded and extracted the latest from the above link ( thanks judge)
Its left me with a burn and cfe.bin.
Do I just copy them to usb and install from there.

bacon_&_cabbage
07-09-13, 22:15
Sorted at last
Got it flashed at last This is how I did it.
Reformatted usb stick with cmd to Fat32. (Already was fat32)
Moved gigablue folder to usb stick.
Powered of the box, unplugged it, inserted usb key, let it off for about 10 mins
Switched it back on and got the prompt to re-flash by hitting ok.

I taught I was seeing things LOL:thumbsup:

Just like to thank everyone on here for their help and suggestions .

Thanks guys.