PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] No Premium channels !

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 15:03
:confused:

I hope someone can help, I have had an issue with my Vu+Duo, in that I had the dreaded red light after a power cut two weeks ago.
I went on holiday the next day so have fixed it just now.

I followed the excellent guides on this forum and soldered in a 220uF 50V capacitor, (it was all they had in Maplin).

Anyhow I switched the box on and uploaded build 729. At first I reinstalled an update, but still had a couple of issues so I did a full install with build 729.

Everything is now working fine and I can receive SKY 1, Sky Sports News, however I pay for a full SD package and no longer can recieve Sky Movies or Sky Sports. :eek:

Does anyone think it could be an issue with the card and if so what can I do to update it ?

Would it be a matter of getting my old SKY box out and plugging it into my phone line or should it update over the satellite signal.
It's all still a bit of a "blackart" to me but I'm getting there slowly. :p

TK4|2|1
03-09-13, 15:34
Are you using oscam or CCcam?

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 15:47
Are you using oscam or CCcam?

CCcam 2.3 from the downloads on here

TK4|2|1
03-09-13, 15:52
Have you put your box key in CCcam.cfg?

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 15:56
Have you put your box key in CCcam.cfg?

Yes, I had it all working until the capacitor went in the box, although I may have had CCcam 2.2 then, (I suppose I best try that)
I haven't changed my .cfg file, just put it back in /etc and upacked CCcam, then switched it all on in the Cam menu.

Sky 1 and Sky sports news work, plus discovery etc. I wouldn't have thought they would work if the box key wasn't in the config file, would it ? :confused:

TK4|2|1
03-09-13, 15:59
It's possible your entitlements have expired, being only an SD subscription you should be ok to upgrade them in the original receiver.

Try version of CCcam you were on before

Larry-G
03-09-13, 16:06
Technically sky1 and sky sports news are not premium channels they just need a active sub to work not the same as sports and movie channels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 16:27
Cheers to both of you. I'll try putting the slightly older CCcam back and if it doesn't work then I'll dig out my old Sky+ box and plug it into a phone line. Should that restore the entitlements or does it also need a satelite dish feed connected too ?

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 16:59
OK, I have used CCcam 2.2.1 and there is no difference, I still cannot receive any Sky Sports apart from News and I cannot receive any Sky Movies channels either.

However everything else works fine, I'll get out my old Sky+ receiver and plug the card into that, does anyone know what exactly happens when I do this, how long it takes to renew, or any idea whether the refresh comes from the phone line, etc ? :confused:

I'm unsure whether this will work but I think it could be because my box hasn't been on at all for over two weeks.

Larry-G
03-09-13, 17:02
you may need to re-pair the card with a sky box, this could take a few minutes to a few days.

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 17:13
Thanks, I know you've said it could take a few days, but does it pair using the phone line only ?

I've got it plugged in another room with a phone line connected or does it also need a satellite feed to do this ?

I don't want to leave it plugged in and find nothing has happened because it doesn't have a satellite feed. ;)

Larry-G
03-09-13, 17:20
It does not need the phone line but it does need a satellite feed.

you can manually pair the card online, but i cant remember the link rite now.

JimEvo2
03-09-13, 17:22
Thanks again, I'll set the old Sky+ box up in place of the duo then, and hopefully it will sort itself out in the next day or two.

Larry-G
03-09-13, 17:25
Hopefully some one else will be able to help you more as it's not really a topic that i'm familiar with.

satmanbasil
03-09-13, 19:17
Hi
Before you put the card back in your s*y box check your entitlements in CCcam to see if your card is out of date, right now they should be showing ok to october 2013
Normally i leave my card in the vu with the dish pointing at 28 east and vu sat on sport or movie channel for a day normally this should be enough to get your updates but if for instance your a month behind and missed the bus so to speak then put your card in the s*y box and via the onscreen menus pair your card and receiver.

word of warning rumour has it that it could disable card from being put back into vu+ not heard it happening to anyone i know but its possible

JimEvo2
06-09-13, 12:09
Hi, Issue now sorted :thumbsup: so I' thought I'd post it here just for anyone else who has this problem.

It was operator error :D , when I took the duo apart to solder in a new capacitor, I unplugged the card. When I plugged it back in I plugged it into the lower slot.

The CCcam.cfg was correct and the entitlements in CCcam all all showing October, but the boxkey was set for slot 0 and I'd plugged the card into slot 1.

Never overlook the simple solution. :whistle: