PDA

View Full Version : Transferring settings

duoduo
02-09-13, 06:46
Hello,

I will hopefully be purchasing a solo2 today and just wanted to ask is it possible to take all the settings from my duo and install on to the solo2 to speed up the setup? Obviously I don't want to damage the box hence the reason for asking, if it can be done please can someone advise the steps to take?

Many thanks

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 07:05
Yes you can use a settings backup from the DUO and use that for restoring during the First Install Wizard.

Be aware:
1- Plugins won't be restored that way. You'll have to install them by hand when the setup is complete.
2- You still should go through all the settings, as some are different or weren't available on your previous box.

duoduo
02-09-13, 07:32
Thanks Rob, please can you tell me the path to take the settings from duo to save to pc and then to put onto solo2

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 07:48
ViX --> Backup Manager.
The path is set in the menu of the manager.

duoduo
02-09-13, 09:11
Sorry I meant when I login using dcc, what is the path to pull the backup from so I can save to my desktop?

Larry-G
02-09-13, 15:51
Sorry I meant when I login using dcc, what is the path to pull the backup from so I can save to my desktop?

You can manually set the path your self in the backup and image managers. Cant think of the default paths rite now as im not near a receiver to check.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
02-09-13, 18:20
Personally I wouldn't advise restoring settings from a Duo, network settings get messed up and your Solo2 will end up being named as a Duo on your network.

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 18:25
Well, all my boxes (also other brands) always inherited the original DUO settings, and I never ran into any problem.
And indeed, as I said: all settings will have to be checked.

Alec
02-09-13, 20:49

In DCC > FTP under Telenet> Media>hdd>backup or Imagebackups> choose a place on the computer to transfer> click to highlight what you want to transfer and click blue arrow in the direction of transfer.