PDA

View Full Version : sundtek dvb-t/c usb -- fully working on vix image!!

irishchris
18-10-10, 19:12
hi all

finally got my sundtek media pro usb tuner today and it works a treat. installed the driver to the vix image and hey presto scanned and recieved all the dvb-t channels here! happy days. not as much audio freeze as dream elite in fact none except for one channel appeared to have slightest audio delay but that could be the channel as is in test mode here.

screenshot attached

HOWEVER only problem i find is with the vix image it does not fill the broadcasted 7 day epg which works on other images. it is similar to say sky germany which broadcasts 7 day epg but with this image does not and has to be downloaded. can this be fixed andy??

Sicilian
18-10-10, 19:15
Thats great news Chris, right think its time to get some of these babies on order :D

superplakis
18-10-10, 19:18
the avermedia black volar hd for when we have this big news?

irishchris
18-10-10, 19:35
i think you will find the avermedia like the hauppage win tv will not be supported. i had the hauppage and it had not been used since dreamelite called it a day and the vix team brought out this image so i had no option but to sell it and invest in this quality sundtek tuner which has a great support site and works flawless. i tried uploading the drivers for this to you sicilian but it says there is a max 8mb cap and it is 8.3mb.

Sicilian
18-10-10, 19:36
Put them into a rar or zip file and you should be able to upload them.

bassethound
18-10-10, 19:44
Thanks chris for the great news would love a play of one of these if you can find one in the uk LOL

superplakis
18-10-10, 20:49
but in the pli and DE AVerMedia works pretty well, because here is not going to implement?
is a question that has been around me a long time, and needed to know if there is any reason to not take polls.

irishchris
18-10-10, 20:59
i have tried in vain to compress the mipsel lfile but cant get it below 8mb - must be something i am doing wrong -- am tired :p

you can telnet vu box with command ----
cd / tmp
wget http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_installer_development.sh
chmod 755 sundtek_installer_development.sh

then

sundtek_installer_development.sh

have mipsel file if that is easier can email it if you wish

Sicilian
18-10-10, 21:49
You should be able to upload a rar or zip file upto 50mb :confused: Please upload to mediafire and post the link, I'll then upload it here ;)

Palinkat
19-10-10, 11:18
Irishchris,

Did you have to update the terrestrial.xml? Are you using an indoor or outdoor ariel? Which channel is breaking up, as you said, probably won't know 100% until the end of the month.

Thanks a lot

irishchris
19-10-10, 11:44
hi mate

i did not change the terrestrial.xml. what benefit would changing it do for me {would be interested if of any benefit?} using an indoor aerial but when i tested on pc it is coming in 98% signal from maghera mast.
rte one seemed to suffer from slightest audio delay but after few seconds that rectified itself. rest seemed fine but will test them fully later.

again everything is perfect but biggest flaw i have just with vix{and note this is the ONLY flaw i have with this great image} is that it does not support channels broadcasting natively a 7 day epg and so with vix i cannot get the guide for the terrestrial channels but is fine with vti and gigant image when i tested. i am back now with my favourite vix.

does anyone on the vix team know if there is something i can do manually to get a native broadcast epg to load?

thanks all in advance,
chris

Palinkat
19-10-10, 11:49
Thanks Chris,

Ordering one now. About the EPG, you can still get it if you download it from Rytec or Satmate, correct?

Ta

irishchris
19-10-10, 13:38
hi no you cannot download the irish terrestrial channels as most are only available on dvb-t and not sat. but i reflashed the image and updated it and now for some reason it fills 7 day epg ota on terrestrial channels -- happy days!! :D

Palinkat
19-10-10, 14:01
Nice one! Thanks

Messi
19-10-10, 14:11
sundtek dvb-t/c usb -- fully working on vix image!! :tea:

irishchris
19-10-10, 15:30
brill mate. happy that is is working for more :D

one point though i could not find a ppanel for the user script i had to do it manually. have you an ipk to install the panel. although i will never be using the dvb-c it is useful to know.

Messi
19-10-10, 16:21
Hi chris
For switch/stop/start... Tuner, I use BarryAllen -> user script :)

gan23
19-10-10, 19:39
Irish Chris,
Did you get the sundtek stick that can also do analogue tv aswell as DVB-C/T? I wonder would the analogue channels display through the Vu+. If they would it would be great for me as i am in an apartment and the upc analogue cable is still connected even though we dont pay for it....

gan23
19-10-10, 21:48
Just checked the sundtek site,

"- VU+ Duo has support for 2 USB DVB-C/T only sticks"

So no analogue unfortunately......

andyblac
15-11-10, 11:56
again everything is perfect but biggest flaw i have just with vix{and note this is the ONLY flaw i have with this great image} is that it does not support channels broadcasting natively a 7 day epg and so with vix i cannot get the guide for the terrestrial channels but is fine with vti and gigant image when i tested. i am back now with my favourite vix.

does anyone on the vix team know if there is something i can do manually to get a native broadcast epg to load?

thanks all in advance,
chris

have you tried all the options for epg in customise setting ?

irishchris
15-11-10, 11:59
have you tried all the options for epg in customise setting ?

hi andy yes it seems to load now ok for a week but then sometimes does not and then does so not sure what prob is but majority of tim eit does

andyblac
15-11-10, 12:03
hi andy yes it seems to load now ok for a week but then sometimes does not and then does so not sure what prob is but majority of tim eit does

hmm, strange.

irishchris
15-11-10, 12:05
hmm, strange.
yes it is something i noticed with sky germany also which broadcast ota a 7 day epg it does not autofill on vix?

irishchris
05-12-10, 21:27
sorry forgot to post before on this. epg works perfect for 7 days - just ensure you have eit epg enabled in menu/setup/system/customise

kewell79
06-12-10, 09:36
i have ordered an home version, should i have bought an PRO version?

bassethound
06-12-10, 10:35
You should buy the media tv pro

kewell79
08-12-10, 22:54
why? ...........

irishchris
08-12-10, 23:08
why? ...........

because only the media tv pro usb tuner is supported in vu+

stanley1
09-12-10, 15:02
is there a chance some more usb tuners can be added.

irishchris
09-12-10, 15:07
is there a chance some more usb tuners can be added.

the dev team already stated that they were to look into usb tuners for vix 1.4 but that will be bit in future as andy is already working like a slave on getting 1.3 ironed out :)

stanley1
09-12-10, 15:49
ok, thanks, patience will have to be a virtue.