PDA

View Full Version : Stram VU+ Solo2 to Smart TV

m1nz
01-09-13, 22:11
Hi Guys, I am new to the site so thanks.

I have been looking at getting the VU+ Solo2. I seem to have all the details but want to know

Can you stream from VU+ Solo2 to a Smart TV as i will be not using the Second tunner for recording. It saves me a cost on a second box.

Trial
02-09-13, 08:31
Hi,
depends on the Smart-TV. Some play recordings some not. Live-TV can be sometimes achieved with Mediatomb and the TunerServer which streams Live-TV over uPnP/DLNA. Here the same is valid some TVs like it some not.

ciao

duoduo
02-09-13, 09:14
I'm interested also in this capability with smart TV, i have a Samsung which I believe smart versions are very similar across the board. Any idea if it works on this Brand?

m1nz
02-09-13, 17:40
Thanks but has anyone tried it using a sol 2 and has it working. So why dont theses boxs come with a RF out so you can connect to a multi switch.

Sirius
02-09-13, 17:53
Thanks but has anyone tried it using a sol 2 and has it working. So why dont theses boxs come with a RF out so you can connect to a multi switch.

You can buy a rf modulator for them

m1nz
04-09-13, 13:49
Yes i know you can use a rf modulator. I need to know if its possible via Smart TV

pac2000
14-10-13, 00:11
I've Just Looked Into This, And It Depends If The TV Supports uPnP/DLNA Or If You Can Install A PLEX App In The TV... If It Can Then There's No Reason Why You Can't Access The Recording At Least... But You Should Be Able To Access The Web Interface And 'WebIf' And Access The EPG And Channels This Way... I Know It's Not As Good As The Direct Enigma2 Interface, But It's What We Do All Over Our House... DLNA Is The Standard You Want To Look For When Buying A Smart TV... As It's Spefically Designed For Network File/Media Access... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

pac2000
14-10-13, 00:22
But I'd Just Like To Add That Although You May Be Able To Stream SD Channels Perfectly On Wifi, You Really Need A Hardwired Ethernet Cable To The TV To Provide Perfect HD Streaming... And As The TV Has To Transcode It Also Needs To Able To Handle The Transport Stream (.ts) Of HD... Also Some HD Channels Will Be Better Than Others Because Of The Bitrate Of The Stream...

judge
14-10-13, 00:27
But I'd Just Like To Add That Although You May Be Able To Stream SD Channels Perfectly On Wifi, You Really Need A Hardwired Ethernet Cable To The TV To Provide Perfect HD Streaming... And As The TV Has To Transcode It Also Needs To Able To Handle The Transport Stream (.ts) Of HD... Also Some HD Channels Will Be Better Than Others Because Of The Bitrate Of The Stream...

Can you please leave off on the Capital letters with every word in every post, while the posts are appreciated, it makes them hard to read.

Trial
14-10-13, 08:13
Hi,
even if TV support DLNA it does not automatically means it can playback recordings or live TV. The transport stream of digital TV contains a lot of additional information like SI, EPG or teletext which a lot of TV sets do not really like.

ciao