PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] weird problem

raedkuwait
31-08-13, 22:15
hi, i am not sure this is software or hard ware problem, i am on latest vix, i got this error 3 time now,
while i am watching a channel my tv screen goes black and the receiver hangs with no response at all?
the only way i get the receiver to response is to hard switch it on and off.

other problem is all of the sudden while am watching and HD channel with ac3 audio the sound goes
off?! the only way i get the sound bk is to change the channel then back to it again?!

Larry-G
31-08-13, 22:53
The audio issue was fixed in drivers Vu+ released yesterday, not sure about the other issue though.

judge
31-08-13, 23:11
Are you 100% sure it's an original box & not a clone?

BubbleBalls
31-08-13, 23:19
Have you updated?

Tapatalker

raedkuwait
31-08-13, 23:25
ii am 110% its original i got this box just after it was released few years ago and been using it since, i just updated to the latest build
it was on 720 now its on latest build, ill wait and c if all is fixed.

ok after the update the audio problem is now different, when i change from one hd channel that is using ac3 to another
hd channel that is using ac3 the sound is not there if i change back and forth the sound comes back, note
that i am using digital output cable to a sound system, i had no such problem what so ever before?!

BubbleBalls
31-08-13, 23:31
These are symptoms of known problems which are been looked at by (I believe) Vu and Vix. There are a few threads going. On experience they'll be sorted soon.

Tapatalker

raedkuwait
31-08-13, 23:55
so in regard to the first issue now its more often, while i am watching a channel the tv goes black and the box stops responding from
the remote control then if i leave it for couple of min it will work again ?! is my boxy dying or should i try another image?

Mr. Mister
01-09-13, 00:00
Your not on the latest Vix..

729 is the latest public release..

raedkuwait
01-09-13, 00:03
i am i did update the box as i said in my previous post now i am on 729 and the problems are still there

Your not on the latest Vix..

729 is the latest public release..

Larry-G
01-09-13, 02:33
so in regard to the first issue now its more often, while i am watching a channel the tv goes black and the box stops responding from
the remote control then if i leave it for couple of min it will work again ?! is my boxy dying or should i try another image?

no idea this is not a problem i have personally encountered but due to the receivers age it may pay to check all the capacitors are in good order just to be safe.

Rob van der Does
01-09-13, 05:19
When the box 'stops', is the text on the VFD frozen?
If so, a swap-file might help.

But given the age of your box it could very well be the well known capacitor problem.

raedkuwait
01-09-13, 06:34
yes the text on the VFD is frozen, no response either to the remote or the web interface or even telnet
then after few minutes the box is back to life.
what well know capacitor problem, i already had the red light of death problem a month back
and replaced the capacitor , any other capacitor problem i should know about?!

When the box 'stops', is the text on the VFD frozen?
If so, a swap-file might help.

But given the age of your box it could very well be the well known capacitor problem.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 06:46
yes the text on the VFD is frozen, no response either to the remote or the web interface or even telnet
what well know capacitor problem, i already had the red light of death problem a month back
and replaced the capacitor , any other capacitor problem i should know about?!

The red light issue is the well known capacitor were talking about, i'd say if you have already replaced this then your looking at a even more serious hardware issue, maybe even damage caused by the initial capacitor failing in the first place.

Rob van der Does
01-09-13, 06:53
Then I would try to see if a swpa-file helps.
If not, you can also use the cacheflush plugin.

duoduo
01-09-13, 07:31
Have you tried a brand new flash with the latest vix image (with and without using backup settings) may be a long shot but as had me back up working on a couple of occasions now.

GAH2402
01-09-13, 10:10
Hi,

I would update to the latest drivers (which Rob has posted a link to) in my thread regarding sound issues in unstable build 723. I also had issues with black screens, but I thought that might have been an issue wit my HDMI splitter. However, I'm now sure it IS connected to the drivers problem, so downgrading your drivers to an older version (whuch is what I did initially) or upgrading to the new drivers using the link in my thread is worth trying, and might solve your problem.

GAH

guff daddy
01-09-13, 17:56

You are not alone - I'm having exactly the same problems including the sound going off periodically...(generally after a CCcam glitch...)

Rob van der Does
01-09-13, 18:05
The DUO-sound problem has been discussed often enough (and is fixed by the 20130830 drivers that you can upload manually or await build 739 that holds them).
So please don't confuse people by bringing that into posts about other (not related) issues.

BTW: CCcam never 'glitches' here, so that might be the result of illegal activities.

guff daddy
01-09-13, 18:31
The DUO-sound problem has been discussed often enough (and is fixed by the 20130830 drivers that you can upload manually or await build 739 that holds them).
So please don't confuse people by bringing that into posts about other (not related) issues.

You are 100% sure these issues aren't related - GAH2402, the OP and now myself have all reported both the sound issue and intermittent black screen issue. GAH2402 indicates he thinks the two are both driver issues - as do I.

Get over yourself.

Rob van der Does
01-09-13, 18:39
The issues have no relation. But can of course both be driver related.
Please try for yourself by using the 20130830 DUO drivers to confirm the sound issue to be fixed.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 18:43
Get over yourself.

People are trying to help you, the attitude is not needed or appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
01-09-13, 18:49
Get over yourself.
My English isn't good enough to have even the faintest idea what you mean by that.

People are trying to help you, the attitude is not needed or appreciated.
But given Pheonix reaction I'm glad about that :whistle:

Alec
01-09-13, 18:57
You are 100% sure these issues aren't related - GAH2402, the OP and now myself have all reported both the sound issue and intermittent black screen issue. GAH2402 indicates he thinks the two are both driver issues - as do I.

Get over yourself.
If you make a backup when the box it working properly, if you then think you might have a problem with an update; then just go back too your reference backup for a day, and check if the fault has cleared. You will then be able to give a clear concise query about the update.

guff daddy
02-09-13, 10:06
Driver update appears to have resolved this issue.