PDA

View Full Version : Questions on new Quad...

dfdream
31-08-13, 17:49
Got my quad going and all is great (except for issue downloading crossepg, xtml importer is fine.)

2 things Im wondering about.

1 - There are lots of extra buttons on the remote, can they be programmed to do specific tasks. Id like to program one to open a folder on my NAS.

2 - My missus was used to the remote on the DUO and wondered if the Quad be controlled by DUOs remote...

Larry-G
31-08-13, 19:25
1. Not sure.

2. No.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
31-08-13, 19:26
1. Not sure mate. there is a plugin called mqb that you can use to assign button. never used it and not sure if it I'd compatible with VIX.
2. No but why not use a harmony, you can assign buttons and very easy at least on VIX to move between boxes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Funchalinho
31-08-13, 19:56
Hi. I was wondering if anybody is having problems with the Gigablue Quad.
Got mine yesterday and it's been a nightmare up to ever since.
The amount of memory is 572mb and no Dual Core processor.

I removed it from the box, plugged it in and turned it on; about 30 minutes later after performing a system update, when it reboot it went dead- would not reboot to system.

I notice that the chip with the black cooling plate gets really hot, and after reinstalling the image, now there is a image over lay problem. I tried using other skins but I get the same results.

The DVB-C/T is useless due to channel scanning problem- it wont scan any channels; I tried all local regions, checked the Arial antenna- every thing is OK. I'm just having a very frustrating experience with this STB.
Awesome box though, but I think I bought too soon. Please let me hear your feedback. Please view pictures.

dfdream
31-08-13, 20:30
Hi there.
The attachments are not valid files. If pictures ensure they are JPG or PNG.
I assume you have VIX on it.
Are you using it for Satellite and Terrestrial.
Don't worry about how much resources you have, the box has plenty of power.
If you want to go back to scratch and install a fresh image from downloads and start from there.
Do it step by step. Also give a description of your dish setup.