PDA

View Full Version : web browser plugin

sublimecantona
31-08-13, 16:47
hi guys
i have a nas box( which also has a web server running on it) with movies and my tv connected to the venton isnt a smart tv ( no usb port so cant watch movies). is there anyway i can install web browser plugin on the venton and then browse the files on my nas box and watch it via the venton? i tried downloading the vlc player plugin but that doesnt seem to work.

thanks

SC

judge
31-08-13, 17:53
Can't you mount the NAS HDD on your venton & then use the built in media player to view the files.

sublimecantona
02-09-13, 10:54
judge - good point - i guess thats one way - the q is can i mount 2 HDD's on the venton?- one for recording and the other where all my movies are stored?

Trial
02-09-13, 11:11
Hi,
you can mount 10 if you like:-) I have 5 from my NAS and 2 from other STBs mounted.

ciao

sublimecantona
03-09-13, 11:55
Trial
the HDD is NTFS, does this make a difference? Once I've mounted the hDD inside the venton, how do i access the files? do you have a guide to follow or some instructions?

thanks
SC

Trial
03-09-13, 12:10
Hi,
if you connect the HDD for recording directly to the STB NTFS is not the best choice because it is rather slow. I would use a separate HDD only for recording at the STB and initialize it with the STB.

For playback NTFS is Ok but recording to NTFS might cause problems.

ciao

sublimecantona
03-09-13, 12:14
Trial, yes for recording i already have a drive which was initialised by the STB - the NTFS HDD is seperate and that will not store recordings ONLY ALL my movie collections - How can I browse the 2nd HDD from within the STB is what Im asking and what plugin do I use to watch the movies (avi, mp4, mkv)

thanks