PDA

View Full Version : Tm-2t

msuk
30-08-13, 14:47
Hi all,

I am thinking about getting ones of these boxes and would like to know what others think of it? Are there any major problems with it right now? What is the best image to use?

Thanks in advanced
msuk

BubbleBalls
30-08-13, 14:59
Hi all,

I am thinking about getting ones of these boxes and would like to know what others think of it? Are there any major problems with it right now? What is the best image to use?

Thanks in advanced
msuk

There are numerous issues. Search this forum. Issues go back some time though new drivers are being tested. A friend has one and is fed up with the problems. Personally I would skip to something else.

Tapatalker

kanwar
30-08-13, 15:00
Hi, the TM-2T has serious drivers issues with recording, live tv viewing and other issues too.

Please avoid, or you will regret it. I am selling mine and getting a Venton Unibox HD2. I suggest you do the same or get a VU+DUO. Have a look on google.

msuk
30-08-13, 15:25
Hello,

Thanks for the advice. Is it really that bad? The reviews make it sound the best out there. VU+DUO is too expensive for me. I only want to spend around £230 max. I would like the box to support HD channels along with Sky3d. Any other suggestions?

TK4|2|1
30-08-13, 15:32
I've never had any major issues with mine and in fact love it. Saying that though I don't use it for recording, only viewing.

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

msuk
30-08-13, 15:43
Hi, the TM-2T has serious drivers issues with recording, live tv viewing and other issues too.

Please avoid, or you will regret it. I am selling mine and getting a Venton Unibox HD2. I suggest you do the same or get a VU+DUO. Have a look on google.

Does this box output 1080p and 3D?

kanwar
30-08-13, 15:59
Yes it does, but it's crap due to the issues it has.

kanwar
30-08-13, 16:00
Get the Venton Unibox HD2. It is better than the 2T and you can buy it from 209.00 including delivery. It has no major issues and works very well, from what i've read. The 2T even has problems with streaming from the box.

msuk
30-08-13, 16:02
Get the Venton Unibox HD2. It is better than the 2T and you can buy it from 209.00 including delivery. It has no major issues and works very well, from what i've read. The 2T even has problems with streaming from the box.

Does the Venton support full 1080p and 3D? From what I have found it only support 1080i

BubbleBalls
30-08-13, 16:06
Venton currently get great reviews and are in your price range. If you want to get as much as possible from your new toy avoid the T2. I do a huge amount of recording, use streaming plugins, stream between devices and more ( I have a Vu+ Duo (not Duo 2) and a Gigablue Quad) and both can handle the load. TM may sort it it out but issues have been around at least a year. Save yourself some grief, read how many posters have complained/asked Qs/sounded pi""ed off in the last year and choose something else.

I love what can be done with decent E2 boxes but am pi""ed off and I only help my mate with his issues.

I see you posted on the HD2 thread - that's a good direction to go.
Tapatalker

rinaldi1
30-08-13, 16:12
Does this box output 1080p and 3D?

Yes to both. Yes, there are a few issues with the box but they're not as bad as some make out. Find yourself an image that suits your needs (Vix 683 for me), and that should do the trick till a new image is released with updated kernel/drivers.

Stanman
30-08-13, 16:13
Does the Venton support full 1080p and 3D? From what I have found it only support 1080i

AFAIK no channel broadcasts in 1080P so no biggy but box can.

msuk
30-08-13, 16:14
AFAIK no channel broadcasts in 1080P so no biggy but box can.

And supports 3D channels?

Larry-G
30-08-13, 16:17
And supports 3D channels?

All broadcom based Enigma2 boxes support 3D so yes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lstof
30-08-13, 17:13
Please listen to the people on here saying avoid tm -2t. I read the reviews and bought the box 5 month ago, I wanted a box that was able to be a replacement for my sly box, however from day one the machine had issues. the recording issues make this box unreliable and only good for watching one channel, which you can do with a cheaper unit. I've got no doubt the Tm-2T will be a great box if/when the drivers ever get sorted but for now its not. I've recently purchased a Venton unibox HD2 which is brilliant, it does everything I've asked it to do. No recording issues and a great replacement for my sly box. Its a great price too.

msuk
30-08-13, 17:15
Thanks for the feedback - I was going to get the 2t today. I will look into the Venton, which sounds great so far.

trigz
31-08-13, 18:02
After I ordered mine I've got to say I was a bit nervous after reading some of the problems people are having on here but so far my box is faultless, including recordings, and I love it!!

Jigsy99
31-08-13, 20:11
After I ordered mine I've got to say I was a bit nervous after reading some of the problems people are having on here but so far my box is faultless, including recordings, and I love it!!

Glad you like it mate mine is also faultless no idea why others have problems. I stream footy from work set it to record with no problems. Just waiting for the new update now but to be honest I can't see how this box can get any better. One happy tm2t chap

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BubbleBalls
31-08-13, 23:17
A mate of mine was delighted when I showed him what the Vu+ Duo could do a year ago. Like me, he was blown away by what a good Sat box could do. He wanted one - but I read the TMT2 was better- so I convinced him to get it over the Duo. I now hold my advice a little longer.
People don't make up their problems. Issues are there but it maybe how the box is used on whether you are affected by it. I sat on my hands for well over six months waiting on driver updates to sort the issues, telling him that when the Duo was released, it took an age to get it stable.

It seems too long waiting on basic functions to work consistently. Sicilian's post today shows that TM just don't get what's happening. They don't understand the frustration of users and builders. Do they require their users to stay on one image, ala SKY?

I am bewildered.

Tapatalker