PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Stuck on Parsing Sumaries... Quad

dfdream
29-08-13, 19:31
Hi just setting up crossepg on my quad and having a bad time of it.

It runs all the way to the end and stops on completing Parsing Summaries.

Then a popup says timeshift not possible and then service unavailable error appears and the Parsing Summaries disappears .

The channel doesn't change.

But when I go back to the EPG its totally blank.

Sometimes the epg.dat file isn't even created where it should be.

I deleted it several times with the init 4 and intit 3 and no difference.

I even put to init 4 and copied epg.dat from DUO and epg was fine but gone or empty on reboot.

Don't know whats happening my epg.... ANYONE....

This might help...

pooface
29-08-13, 19:41
Have you tried a service scan on the satellite you're importing from? Have you also removed the crossepg folder as well as epg.dat when doing init 4/3?

dfdream
29-08-13, 19:48
I knew I forgot to mention something.
I did a full 28.2 scan.
Deleted the crossepg folder too.
Have autobouquetmaker running too.

The issue seems to be writing the epg.dat.
When crossepg is finished does it write to the epg.dat file...

Have you tried a service scan on the satellite you're importing from? Have you also removed the crossepg folder as well as epg.dat when doing init 4/3?

pooface
29-08-13, 19:53
No, I don't believe it does write the epg.dat file... What happens is, it loads the epg data in to the live epg system. Then, when you restart e2, restart your box, shutdown etc, it writes the epg data to epg.dat

dfdream
29-08-13, 20:04
Even when I copied the epg.dat from the DUO that had all the epg and saved it it still was empty on reboot...

pooface
29-08-13, 20:15
Even when I copied the epg.dat from the DUO that had all the epg and saved it it still was empty on reboot...

That would be because if you just copied it over and then restarted, it wouldn't have loaded the data, so overwrote the epg.dat you copied with the empty epg data.

You would need to init 4, copy the epg.dat over, then init 3, or copy the epg.dat over, and go to the epg menu and choose to load the epg data...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dfdream
29-08-13, 20:50
I will start again.
Init 4
copy epg.dat from duo to usb of quad
init 3
after restart epg is fine but epg.dat file is gone from the USB.

I then go into save the epg data but no file gets created in USB.
Don't know where the epg.dat file is gone.
On reboot the epg is empty.

Whats happening the epg.dat file might explain why the crossepg fails at the end, it cant find the file...

dfdream
29-08-13, 23:00
I initialised the USB and HDD and reflashed the QUAD with 723 again.
No restore of settings or plugins. Did 28.2 full scan.
The CrossEPG is still the same. It goes all the steps but the epg doesn't populate.
The sumaries are between 13-15mb but epg.dat is only 468kb.
If I init4 and copy another epg.dat from DUO and init 3 the epg loads fine but as its loading the epg.dat changes to epg.dat.loading (in usb drive) and then disappears. WTF is making it disappear.

BubbleBalls
29-08-13, 23:24
Are all your tuners set correctly? You have 3 sat and one Trstr? Could configuration affect Cross? Maybe try just two Sat?

Tapatalker

dfdream
29-08-13, 23:27
Do you mean disable tuners or remove them...
Seems a bit radical...

Are all your tuners set correctly? You have 3 sat and one Trstr? Could configuration affect Cross? Maybe try just two Sat?

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
29-08-13, 23:30
Do you mean disable tuners or remove them...
Seems a bit radical...

Disable. May be no point - think you know more than I do but I have dffs on my Duo if one of the tuners is tied up on recording - stops before epg process completes.

Tapatalker

dfdream
30-08-13, 10:54
Bubbleballs what version of vix are you using.
Maybe the issue is to do with a fresh flash of 723 (I also did online update to I think 727 and the same result.)
Should I try an older version 717-720.
There seems to be lots of changes from 720.
Is there any other image that has crossepg built in that I could test.

D

pooface
30-08-13, 11:01
Have you enabled debug logs? Can you post them? Have you got the log from crossepg? Can you upload that?

BubbleBalls
30-08-13, 12:26
I'm on 726. Never issues with cross and have nightly DL. Your previous issue with network - could be related here? If all info has not downloaded fully the parsing cannot complete. Just a thought - debug logs will let the experts see what's going on. Hope you get sorted - too damn unlucky to get two faulty boxes.

Tapatalker

dfdream
30-08-13, 12:33
I returned that box and WOS sent on a replacement.
Had zero network issues with the replacement.
I will upload the crossepg log and see if it helps.

I'm on 726. Never issues with cross and have nightly DL. Your previous issue with network - could be related here? If all info has not downloaded fully the parsing cannot complete. Just a thought - debug logs will let the experts see what's going on. Hope you get sorted - too damn unlucky to get two faulty boxes.

Tapatalker

dfdream
30-08-13, 12:55
Pooface attached is the crossepg log.
I have also enabled debug logs and copied the data from it while a manual crossepg download was happening.

The only obvious thing I find is that it says "[EPGC] /media/usb/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat"

Its the file gets deleted and that's why its not there....

Have you enabled debug logs? Can you post them? Have you got the log from crossepg? Can you upload that?

dfdream
30-08-13, 16:24
These logs make any sense to anyone as to any EPG Issues Im having.

Thanks

I have also enabled debug logs and copied the data from it while a manual crossepg download was happening.

The only obvious thing I find is that it says "[EPGC] /media/usb/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat"

dfdream
30-08-13, 18:52
Just tried a TEAM RED image and older 715 image and the results are the same.
Stops for ages on the PARSING SUMARRIES Screen.
The SAVING DATA and LOADING DATA messages that I see on my DUO and SOLO never appear.

;););););)

BubbleBalls
30-08-13, 21:45
Just tried a TEAM RED image and older 715 image and the results are the same.
Stops for ages on the PARSING SUMARRIES Screen.
The SAVING DATA and LOADING DATA messages that I see on my DUO and SOLO never appear.

;););););)

Can you swap location with other box and try again?

Tapatalker

dfdream
02-09-13, 06:54
Did the debug log or crossepg log make any sense to the VIX Team...
Do I need to submit them somewhere else to get them reviewed ?
Box going really well but crossepg still an issue.
XMLTV Importer is fine but I switched to crossepg because of stability issues and would like to switch again...

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 07:01
Box going really well but crossepg still an issue.
XMLTV Importer is fine but I switched to crossepg because of stability issues and would like to switch again...
Sorry, I don't understand: Cross has issues, but still you went from XMLTV importer to Cross :confused:

dfdream
02-09-13, 08:29
Sorry..
I switched to Crossepg from XMLTV importer 6 months ago on my DUO.
Just got a new QUAD but having the issues described above with Crossepg on the QUAD. Its fine on the DUO still...
Were you able to spot anything in the Logs that might be an issue.

Sorry, I don't understand: Cross has issues, but still you went from XMLTV importer to Cross :confused:

Wizard55
02-09-13, 08:36
How are you configuring crossepg on the quad. I have a quad with no issues. I save epg.dat to hard disk and use open tv 28.2 sky uk..

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 08:41
Wel, reading

Interactive: QUIT cmd received
did you manually quit the Cross-parsing process?

And the debug log shows quite a number of screenshots made while Cross was processing; this might harm it as well.

dfdream
02-09-13, 09:13
On my DUO when Parsing Summaries is done within 1 second SAVING DATA appears and then within 5 seconds LOADING DATA appears.
On the QUAD though when Parsing Summaries appears on the screen it stays there for upto 4-5 mins and SAVING DATA or LOADING DATA never appears.
Parsing Summaries does disappear eventually but nothing is updated / saved or loaded...
The screenshots are because I was logged in remotely... It does the same thing locally before and after the log file attached was created. Have tried 40-50 times and its the same as above.
I tried crossepg with OPENTV and with RYTEC and issue is there.
Rytec works fine with xmltv importer.

Wel, reading

Interactive: QUIT cmd received
did you manually quit the Cross-parsing process?

And the debug log shows quite a number of screenshots made while Cross was processing; this might harm it as well.

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 10:34
Just for the record: both DUO and Quad are/were on the samebuild? And Cross has the same settings on both?

dfdream
02-09-13, 12:37
Both setup exactly the same.
Duo on v717
Quad on v729 (but I tried 715,717,720,724,726 and 729) and crossepg failed on them all...

Its having issues at the saving data stage.
Where is it saving the data to or where is it reading the data from that its trying to save.

While the parsing etc is happening should I see something happening in the crossepg folder ?

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 12:55
Both have the same storage devices ((internal) HDD, USB)?

dfdream
02-09-13, 13:46
Yes.......

Both have the same storage devices ((internal) HDD, USB)?