PDA

View Full Version : CCcam not appearing

garethj70
29-08-13, 16:38
New to this so it might not make that much sense to a lot of you!

Purchased a VU+ solo2 last week and set up went well, no issues just a lot of head scratching. Messed about in settings last night and did a software update, after most of the channels had gone. On checking the CCcam info it did not show up, just a list from 0 to 9, pressing on each just gives a message(Error reading webpage)

Decided to start from scratch and did a factory reset and followed the same procedure as before all went ok until I ftp the CCcam to tmp/folder on receiver. Transfer ok, but the CCcam 2.3.0 did not show up where it did on original installation.

Not sure what to do next, so any help would be much appreciated..

judge
29-08-13, 16:42
What image & build are you using?
If using ViX, where did you get the cam from?
All the ones here (http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/) are compatible.
You will also need to create your own Cccam.cfg & ftp it to /etc/

TK4|2|1
29-08-13, 16:53
You say you transferred Cccam.ipk to temp, did you then install it from the vix menu, install local extensions?

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

garethj70
29-08-13, 17:23
What image & build are you using?
If using ViX, where did you get the cam from?
All the ones here (http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/) are compatible.
You will also need to create your own Cccam.cfg & ftp it to /etc/

Using ViX, states version 3.0 on screen, the cam was on the list you provided(2.3.0) also created Cccam.cfg & ftp to /etc

When I installed last week all went ok, but this software update I did has made the CCcan 2.3.0 disappear from the blue button option, just gives me loads of options, but all say message(Error reading webpage)

garethj70
29-08-13, 17:26
You say you transferred Cccam.ipk to temp, did you then install it from the vix menu, install local extensions?

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

Yes, installed from local extensions and all went ok the first time I installed last week. But after the software update I did, just not there now when I ftp to /temp

judge
29-08-13, 17:28
An online update wouldn't get rid of cccam, so presume you did a fresh flash?
do you have no settings back-up you can restore?
If not, using one of the cams from above, upload the .ipk to /tmp/ then blue button -> VIX -> Install local extension.
Add your Cccam.cfg & all should be fine.

garethj70
29-08-13, 17:44
An online update wouldn't get rid of cccam, so presume you did a fresh flash?
do you have no settings back-up you can restore?
If not, using one of the cams from above, upload the .ipk to /tmp/ then blue button -> VIX -> Install local extension.
Add your Cccam.cfg & all should be fine.

Couldn't tell you about the flash, still not sure what i'm doing yet! I have uploaded the .ipk to temp then gone to blue button but there is no VIX -> Install local extension.Blue button brings up 1)CCcam info and other options such as 2)Auto Bouqets downloader 3)Cross EPG Downloader. When I go to CCcam info it then opens up the various numbers from 0 -9 but on pressing each one gives me the (Error reading webpage) message. Cant find the Cccam anywhere? Is there another way to find?

garethj70
29-08-13, 17:46
Couldn't tell you about the flash, still not sure what i'm doing yet! I have uploaded the .ipk to temp then gone to blue button but there is no VIX -> Install local extension.Blue button brings up 1)CCcam info and other options such as 2)Auto Bouqets downloader 3)Cross EPG Downloader. When I go to CCcam info it then opens up the various numbers from 0 -9 but on pressing each one gives me the (Error reading webpage) message. Cant find the Cccam anywhere? Is there another way to find?

Because I did a factory reset, would this affect anything?

judge
29-08-13, 17:56
If you are not seeing ViX after pressing the blue button, either you're not using ViX or you have a corrupt install.
Reflash with latest image available from http://openvix.co.uk

garethj70
29-08-13, 18:10
Box came pre flashed with ViX and did work ok until I messed about in settings. Is the usb way the only way to reflash?

judge
29-08-13, 18:12
It's not the only way, but probably the best way at this stage.

garethj70
29-08-13, 18:23
Thanks for all your help, hope re-flashing will work

Larry-G
29-08-13, 18:26
you can use the image manager to flash the receiver but as you cant access the ViX menu you will need to flash with a USB stick as judge suggests.

you can use this tutorial to help.

How to flash a Vu+ Solo2
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24773-How-to-USB-flash-upgrade-VU-Solo2&p=184083&viewfull=1#post184083)

garethj70
29-08-13, 22:03
Re-flash worked all ok again:)