PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] menu randomly appears

tagteam3283
28-08-13, 20:50
hi chaps,

randomly whilst watching the TV, the menu will popup by itself as if the "Menu" button has been pressed on the remote control. Sometimes it will go off by itself as well after a few seconds.

This started happening on the one solo at first and to fix it I had to do a complete new flash. Now it has started up again on the 1st solo and started happening on the 2nd solo tonight.

I have swapped the remote batteries and no difference. I have even removed the batteries from the remote and the menu still appears by itself. :confused:

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am using the latest VIX image.

Larry-G
28-08-13, 20:54
It's very likely your TV interfering with the Solo via the inbuilt HDMI-CEC protocol, try turning this off from the tv's end if possible.

tagteam3283
29-08-13, 19:47
cheers for the idea phoenix. I dont see anything like that on my TV settings & one of the solos does not use HDMI-CEC so its not turned on in the settings.

What is weird is that the Sony TV which has the solo connected with no HDMI-CEC enabled, when i press the menu button on the TV remote or press the menu button the side of the TV itself, the solo menu opens up and not the Sony menu.

I have turned the Solo off then the Sony TV menu buttons work fine and since I have done that the Solo bitted up, the TV menu buttons sill work fine so I will keep an eye on it.

This has only just started to happen over the last 2- weeks and I have been using VIX image an update regularly at least once a week since VIX v2.

Also I have a Dou running the same version of VIX and all three receivers are connected to Sony TV's yet the Duo has never had this problem

Rob van der Does
30-08-13, 07:16
Pretty sure your Sony TV has such a menu entry; please consult the manual.
You can also completely de-install HDMI-CEC from your box (and reboot when done).