PDA

View Full Version : TM-2T Suttering issues on VIX 726

diviesh
28-08-13, 19:48
Dont know if anyone can help, i recently purchased a tm-t2 to test.

I have installed VIX 726 image, the picture quality is generally great but i have noticed a a slight stutter thats thats on HD channels after about 5 mins.

One other issue when i reboot the box, the sound comes on but the picture is blank, if you press the channel up, epg, menu any button that opens a menu the picture comes back.

please advise what can be done

thanks
diviesh

judge
28-08-13, 19:55
Have a read through some of the other theads in this forum...
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?373-Technomate-TM-2T-OE-Talk

Larry-G
28-08-13, 20:01
Both are known issues with the hardware drivers as supplied by Technomate, were currently working with TM and hope to soon have suitable drivers to fix these and other issues.

kanwar
28-08-13, 20:29
Pheonix, how soon are we expected to be able to receive the new kernel and drivers and how is testing going?

Larry-G
28-08-13, 20:32
Pheonix, how soon are we expected to be able to receive the new kernel and drivers and how is testing going?

no idea mate, testing overall went well although their solution was to hack the kernel rather than fix the issues in the drivers them selves, rite now were waiting for them to get back to us, so were in limbo for the time being awaiting a reply.

kanwar
28-08-13, 20:35
OK, thanks for the update. Typical of TM when it comes to linux (from what I've heard).

The TM-2T is now up on e-bay :-)

Larry-G
28-08-13, 20:37
The TM-2T is now up on e-bay :-)

shame because with good drivers it's a better receiver than my duo all day long, but i can see where your coming from and rite now it's just not stable enough to be used as a main family receiver.

kanwar
29-08-13, 01:28
Yes, a shame indeed but this is what TM deserve, useless gits.

I'm not necessarily going to go for the DUO, rather just a stable and well supported twin tuner SR around the £250 mark which supports an internal hard drive (as I bought one quite recently). The DUO is the only suitable one I have found so far.

By the way, is the VU+DUO stable in terms of viewing/recording/streaming? Thanks for your insight...

Larry-G
29-08-13, 01:30
Yes, a shame indeed but this is what TM deserve, useless gits.

Is the VU+DUO stable in terms of viewing/recording/streaming? Thanks for your insight...

yes the Duo is a good box but showing signs of it's age now and it also suffers from the infamous memory leak ( not all but some ). have a word with the sponsor he may be able to suggest a suitable box for your needs. I have heard good things about the venton receivers although i have not used one my self.

kanwar
29-08-13, 01:32
What do you mean by 'the sponsor', my friend?

Larry-G
29-08-13, 01:35
By the sponsor i mean

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1447-world-of-satellite-co-uk

he owns the shop that sponsors this forum. www.world-of-satellite.co.uk he's a really good guy and unlike a lot of others he's not out just to make money, he may be able to recommend a good alternative receiver for your needs.

kanwar
29-08-13, 01:36
Aha, I see, thanks!

diviesh
29-08-13, 08:28
Thanks for your replies - also noticed the lips are out of sync very slightly when watching - generally on most of the channels.

any advise on how to resolve that?

thanks in advance

scottmcroberts
29-08-13, 09:15
To resolve lip sync, I restart the box long hold on standby button and choose restart, not restart enigma. This works for me every time and can go a good couple of days without losing lip sync.

I tend to to find that I commonly lose lip sync after I have done an online activity with the box like listening to a radio stream or watching a movie

TK4|2|1
29-08-13, 12:30
To resolve lip sync, I restart the box long hold on standby button and choose restart, not restart enigma. This works for me every time and can go a good couple of days without losing lip sync.

I tend to to find that I commonly lose lip sync after I have done an online activity with the box like listening to a radio stream or watching a movie

Same here.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

diviesh
01-09-13, 01:04
anyone know what the updates have been applied in tm-2t vix 729?

Larry-G
01-09-13, 02:26

none for the Technomate models.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31047-Release-of-Technomate-drivers-30-08-13-all-TM-Linux-users-please-read&highlight=drivers

judge
01-09-13, 02:58

Unfortunately, no TM fixes/hacks have been included in recent ViX builds due to their lack of development/testing.
Read the thread pheonix points out (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31047-Release-of-Technomate-drivers-30-08-13-all-TM-Linux-users-please-read&p=233776&viewfull=1#post233776) for the reasons.

If you want to see the changelog & what's included in ViX updates, keep an eye on the latest release thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21343-OpenViX-3-0-updates-and-changelogs&p=233782#post233782).

mkhan
01-09-13, 15:28
I'm using Vix 726 and I get a crash when I go into user interface and settings menu, has this been fixed in 729?

Before anyone says its because I'm using the Kernel from the 4D image, its not as I have the same image on the Duo with the same issue.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 15:31
I'm using Vix 726 and I get a crash when I go into user interface and settings menu, has this been fixed in 729?

Before anyone says its because I'm using the Kernel from the 4D image, its not as I have the same image on the Duo with the same issue.

no but it has been fixed for build 730 i believe and no thats not associated with the kernel issues we discovered, there separate CONFIRMED issues and until those are resolved we will not be using these drivers or kernel in the ViX image.

Stanman
01-09-13, 16:23

Just tested on 729 send can ho in and out without crash.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

diviesh
08-09-13, 08:29
none for the Technomate models.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?31047-Release-of-Technomate-drivers-30-08-13-all-TM-Linux-users-please-read&highlight=drivers

Thanks for that it seems they're finally trying to fix stuff, does anyone know if the stuttering has been fixed as yet.

openvix-3.0.734-tm2t (i will try this tonight)

Larry-G
08-09-13, 08:33
The HD stutter was fixed several Driver revisions ago and has not shown in the latest images / drivers, so you should be good to go. make sure you do a fresh flash to 734 as a precaution due to the kernel change.

diviesh
10-09-13, 21:53
Hi All just installed 734 stutters gone, lip sync gone box is looking and running nice apart from one thing.

for some reason i am unable to initialise the hard drive it errors with a time out.

i have tried 2 80gb hard drives.

any suggestions??

thanks in advance

Larry-G
10-09-13, 21:56
Try updating to build 735 via a online update and try again, if it still does not work try a low level format in a pc / laptop then try in the receiver again.

diviesh
10-09-13, 21:57
ok i wil thanks

Larry-G
10-09-13, 21:59
please keep us updated as you go.

Thanks.

diviesh
10-09-13, 22:16
Upgraded to 735 using the online method, hard disk is still not initialising, time out error. I will try format it in a computer tomorrow and retry

abu baniaz
10-09-13, 22:27
You have to unmount it before you can initialise it.

Blue Button > Vix > Mount Manager >

Highlight the HDD and yellow button to unmount.

judge
10-09-13, 22:27
Make sure it's un-mounted before you try to format it.
Blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager, is it mounted there? if so, unmount it with yellow button & try to initialise it then.

diviesh
11-09-13, 20:35
Make sure it's un-mounted before you try to format it.
Blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager, is it mounted there? if so, unmount it with yellow button & try to initialise it then.

Thanks for the advice - nothing mounted and if you try to mount the drive the box crashes.

Still cant get the HD to work - also tried to low level format with no joy.

This drive worked in the 726 image - i don't know what else to do.

any suggestions will be much appreciated

abu baniaz
11-09-13, 20:45
Is the HDD fine in a PC?

diviesh
11-09-13, 21:02
Is the HDD fine in a PC?

Yes works perfect in a pc

abu baniaz
11-09-13, 21:28
I don't know if anyone has tested initialisng a HDD using the newer kernel/drivers. I'll give it bash later if/when the receiver is free and record logs.

As you have said 726 is fine, why not initialise the HDD using that build then flash 735? It will get you out of your predicament.

(This should have been new thread by the way)

diviesh
11-09-13, 21:36
I don't know if anyone has tested initialisng a HDD using the newer kernel/drivers. I'll give it bash later if/when the receiver is free and record logs.

As you have said 726 is fine, why not initialise the HDD using that build then flash 735? It will get you out of your predicament.

(This should have been new thread by the way)
The drive was initialised initially in 726 but I cant mount it in 735.

diviesh
11-09-13, 21:59
Hi all I just wanted to give you an update.

I re flashed the box down to 734 and the hard drive mounted instantly, upgraded on line o 735 and the hd stayed

i havn't got a clue what happened but its all ok now.

Thank you so much for all your help and assistants

abu baniaz
07-10-13, 15:51
I don't know if anyone has tested initialisng a HDD using the newer kernel/drivers.
Initialised a HDD without any issue on a TM Single, Openvix build 748 .

Larry-G
07-10-13, 16:10
Initialised a HDD without any issue on a TM Single, Openvix build 748 .

Yeah I have initialized HDD's on all three on my TM OE's with the new kernel amd drivers as part of the testing phase just fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2