PDA

View Full Version : Just got my VU+ Duo....

Comfysofa
18-10-10, 14:12
Flashed it with the VIX image (latest i think). Just came from a 7025. I felt that i needed to upgrade, which i now have....

So what cool stuff can i do. I want to try my s** card in this (never did it on the 7025 - but id thought id have a crack on this one).

Any other stuff that this thing can do....oh another thing - has anyone ever set up a motorised system and had 2 receivers hanging off the same bit of coax....i want to share a motorized dish between 2 sats (my 7025 and the VU)

Great bit of kit though - i do like the usb flashing bit - nice and simple.

Thanks to anyone that replies.

grtmoby
18-10-10, 14:41
:welcome: on board Comfy and congrats for the box

as for the motor, i am afraid this is not possible in case of 36V as it needs a special setting (diode fitting) to prevent voltage and current flowing the opposite direction. for usals driven ones i have no experience with it

silverfox0786
18-10-10, 14:46
welcome on board mate hope we can learn from each other

s** card will work i got mine plugged in the tut is on this forum

Comfysofa
18-10-10, 15:06
Hope so - where's the tut for doing this?? can you paste a link in.....any other cool stuff. I suppose more to the point what are there key packs for at the moment. I always found it to be pot luck with the dreambox....and i strongly suspect it was me and not it. I have a 1m motorized dish so i can move around to other sats. For me i never knew really what packs unlocked what channels on what sats so i never knew if what i installed from a keybundle point of view worked...so - cutting a long story short - whats working....!

Comfysofa
18-10-10, 15:08
Oh on the db there was a web server....mostly useless but i could use it to do a few things but apparently on this you can stream from it....i put the ip of mine in on ie and sod all happens - has it got to be installed on top of the VIX image??

Comfysofa
18-10-10, 15:32
thanks grtmoby - i only ask as ive always noticed the in and out on the DB so it makes sense that there

Comfysofa
18-10-10, 15:33
sorry - hit the send button by accident.....makes sense that there was an in and out on the tuner....

Comfysofa
18-10-10, 16:06
Oh - another thing (full of questions i am...) when i plugged the VU in to do its first scan i hooked it up to the wrong bit of coax so it was plugged into the roof aerial (ive got a loft box running in our house) and - it picked up the freeview channels.....how did it do that then on a DVB-S tuner....?