PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Crossepg Stuck on starting downloader

uscool
27-08-13, 21:46
Hi, i have a vu solo with the latest vix 3.0 build, i have usb stick attached to store Picons and EPG , i have mounted it as USB , and setup crossepg for opentv 28.2 and storage set as USB, i run crossepg seems to work fine the first time gets all epg for all channels and stores it on usb stick, but i noticed when waking up its just stuck on the starting downloader when it seems to start bit does noting i noticed this as i have it schedule for 4am, also if i try to run crossepg downloader noting happens just Stuck on starting downloader does the same when on schedule, i have tried a few different usb sticks, initialized them mounted as HDD and USB and same also made a swap file no luck, so if can anyone let me know whats happening ? thanks

Stanman
27-08-13, 21:48
Try doing a sat scan and than starting a download.

I had similar yonks ago on my Ultimo and this did the trick.

uscool
27-08-13, 21:56
Try doing a sat scan and than starting a download.

I had similar yonks ago on my Ultimo and this did the trick.

just do a normal full sat scan, i did use autobouquet maker to save doing that and in order, will give it ago and see . thanks

Stanman
27-08-13, 21:57
In that case don't bother, try deleting the EPG data file and than trying download again.

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 06:40
Cross is a memory hungry application. Using that on a box that is already limited in that area can cause problems.
Please activate a swap-file and see how Cross works then.

dfdream
28-08-13, 08:15
Cross is a memory hungry application. Using that on a box that is already limited in that area can cause problems.
Please activate a swap-file and see how Cross works then.

If you use crossepg on solo eventually it will fall over. Have swap and cache clear running on it and regularly would have the crossepg stuck at some stage during its process.
I switched its epg to xmltv and its much more stable..

Maybe a script or plugin could be written so the solo could copy the epg from another box which would be lots more efficient.
Box A saves epg.dat on a schedule and box b (solo) loads the same epg.dat.
Would only take 10 secs to load up the epg on second or subsequent boxes.
What would be even better if Box A could download crossepg in background (Andy was looking at the possibility of this).

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 08:24
Cache clear is of no use here; it's only a work-around for those boxes that suffer from memory leaks. As far as I know the Solo is not one of them so the use of it will only make things worse.

uscool
28-08-13, 11:05
Hi, , i deleted epg.dat and restarted and seems to run fine now, scheduled it different times and completed fine , then it just froze and noticed swap file somehow got inactive, now have it active and see how it goes, also might be best to use Xmltv-importer if still causues issues, its just xmltv-importer can have some epg missing and slow when changes happen unlike crossepg

Thanks

selondoner
28-08-13, 20:49
Yes keep getting the same on my Duo. Despite swap files and cache clear being active. Cross EPG just makes my box over on a regular basis. Now considering moving to XML importer but had noticed it wasn't updated as quickly as crossepg.

However I read tonight that you should do updates after 0630 as that is when the file is updated. May help a little.

Chips
29-08-13, 17:42
Maybe a script or plugin could be written so the solo could copy the epg from another box which would be lots more efficient.
Box A saves epg.dat on a schedule and box b (solo) loads the same epg.dat.
Would only take 10 secs to load up the epg on second or subsequent boxes.
What would be even better if Box A could download crossepg in background (Andy was looking at the possibility of this).

I have a Solo and a Duo. I gave up on downloading crossepg on the Solo because it kept falling over. Now I have mounted the Duo HDD on the Solo, stopped the Solo scheduled EPG download and, instead, set EPG file location to /hdd, and set to reload every 24 hours. So now, the Duo does the downloading and the Solo gets it's EPG from the Duo - works a treat. The only caveat is that I have to keep both boxes up-to-date with regards to bouquets because if the bouquets on both boxes are not the same, the EPG will (understandably) get confused.

uscool
29-08-13, 22:09
guess best to use XMLtv importer then , i have DM800HD which can download from crossepg with no issues which i find strange when DM800HD spec aint better, vu solo runs crossepg quite abit faster then DM800HD probably 3-4mins faster

dfdream
29-08-13, 22:26
If you have another box than the solo set it up as the last poster described..

guess best to use XMLtv importer then , i have DM800HD which can download from crossepg with no issues which i find strange when DM800HD spec aint better, vu solo runs crossepg quite abit faster then DM800HD probably 3-4mins faster

uscool
30-08-13, 10:01
If you have another box than the solo set it up as the last poster described..

its ok i can use xmltv- importer , i have created a swap file and crossepg has updated 2 days running no problem

Rob van der Does
30-08-13, 11:22
Do you mean that you use the xmltv-importer within Cross?
If so: don't. The separate XMLTV-importer is much more sophisticated (and creates a temporary swap-file itself).
So even if you would use Cross for Open-TV (for which Cross does a good job) use the separate XMLTV-importer if you also want to use other sources.

uscool
30-08-13, 12:10
Do you mean that you use the xmltv-importer within Cross?
If so: don't. The separate XMLTV-importer is much more sophisticated (and creates a temporary swap-file itself).
So even if you would use Cross for Open-TV (for which Cross does a good job) use the separate XMLTV-importer if you also want to use other sources.

hi, no i use separate XMLTV-importer not within crossepg

thanks