PDA

View Full Version : DUO2 tuner config question

Kaushal1982
27-08-13, 20:37
Hope someone can help me.

I've got the new Vu+ Duo2 but purchased 1xTwin DVB-S2 Tuner thinking it was like my old Duo with two tuners, A & B. This one has 2 ports in one tuner. I was able to setup the new Duo2 as normal but was unable to record one channel and watch another as I olny could use one LNB cable. I decided to purchase another twin DVB-S2 Tuner and the only one I could get was for the Ultimo so I got it thinking it was work in the Duo2.

I installed it today and for some reason when I went to active the new Tuner in Service Searching > Tuner Configuration, there was a Tuner C as well as A & B?

It has now basically messed up everything on my duo2. I do not get any channels as I keep getting 'Tuned Failed' message. My TV Keeps flickering randomly and I have done a factory reset and started the setup process again with no luck.

I am confused to what Tuner C is all about and if I have purchased the wrong tuner for the job that I wanted it to do? Am I doing something wrong here?

All I want is, like my old Duo, to record one channel while watching another. (I have 2 LNB cables)

I look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks in advanced

Rob van der Does
27-08-13, 21:01
Moved to a new thread. As you should have done in the first place, instead of high-jacking an existing thread.

Kaushal1982
27-08-13, 21:11
Moved to a new thread. As you should have done in the first place, instead of high-jacking an existing thread.

Hi Rob,

My apologies.

Sorry about that,

Clabs
27-08-13, 21:13
The Duo2 shoulld come with 1 x dual tuner card as standard. That has two inputs and will be fine for your needs if you only have/require 2 feeds.

What do you mean that you could only use one lnb cable?

Kaushal1982
27-08-13, 21:23
The Duo2 shoulld come with 1 x dual tuner card as standard. That has two inputs and will be fine for your needs if you only have/require 2 feeds.

What do you mean that you could only use one lnb cable?

Hi mate.

When I hooked both LNB cables to both ports in Tuner A, I would then get 'Tune Failed'

So your telling me, if the setting are right, Tuner A will enable me to record one channel and watch another with both LNB cables inserted into both ports?

What are the correct settings for this please?

Clabs
27-08-13, 21:31
The first dual tuner card should give you Tuner A & Tuner B. 1 cable into each port and your tuner settings should be Simple, Single, Your Satellite Choice and No.

What is shown in menu, information, devices?

Kaushal1982
27-08-13, 21:41
The first dual tuner card should give you Tuner A & Tuner B. 1 cable into each port and your tuner settings should be Simple, Single, Your Satellite Choice and No.

What is shown in menu, information, devices?

Its shows:
Detected NIMS:
Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)

Have done the setting as described above for Tuner A & B on 28.E and did a scan in AutoBouquetsMaker for North West Yorkshire HD and I got the following message 'Timeout for tuner lock'

Stanman
27-08-13, 21:47
Can you post a screen shot of your tuner configuration for each tuner please.

From your first post you have two TWIN tuners or for ease of explanation - 4 tuners, should not be getting a fail especially if you have two cables going into the box.

Clabs
27-08-13, 21:48
OK. What happens if you try Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Sat Finder for tuner A & B?

Kaushal1982
27-08-13, 22:03
Can you post a screen shot of your tuner configuration for each tuner please.

From your first post you have two TWIN tuners or for ease of explanation - 4 tuners, should not be getting a fail especially if you have two cables going into the box.

Finally think am getting somewhere. After going into 'Sat Finder' I am getting signal from Tuner A but none in Tuner B. Bothe cables are inserted. I am now going to cut the tip off Tuner B Cable and try and make a fresh cut and re-insert.

Stanman
27-08-13, 22:05
Likely its not connected properly.

Also make sure you seated the new tuner fully as well.

Kaushal1982
27-08-13, 22:07
OK. What happens if you try Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Sat Finder for tuner A & B?

Tuner A is getting great signal. am afraid Tuner B is getting none.

Any ideas?

Clabs
27-08-13, 22:19
Well, if you have re-made the connection and are happy with it, it is either a bad cable further up or the lnb gone faulty or a faulty tuner.

But for now, try each feed in the first tuner port and see what happens.

good luck mate!

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 06:07
The Duo2 shoulld come with 1 x dual tuner card as standard.
Be advised that this only applies to DUO's deliverd in the UK. On the continent the default is one single tuner card.

Finally think am getting somewhere. After going into 'Sat Finder' I am getting signal from Tuner A but none in Tuner B. Bothe cables are inserted. I am now going to cut the tip off Tuner B Cable and try and make a fresh cut and re-insert.
Don't do that: just give tuner B the coax that's now in tuner A.

Kaushal1982
28-08-13, 08:58
Got it sorted guys.

It was indeed a connection issue from one of the cables. Getting signal from both Tuners now from Sat Finder. But when I want to watch any HD channels it takes around 5-10 seconds for channel to start?

Up and running as usual now though and again thanks to you all for the help and once again apologies to you Rob for the noob error in posting my issue in someone else's thread. Wont happen again.

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 09:14
But when I want to watch any HD channels it takes around 5-10 seconds for channel to start?
What subscription/smartcard and softcam are you using?

Kaushal1982
28-08-13, 17:57
What subscription/smartcard and softcam are you using?

Cccam 2.3.0

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 18:00
That's only half an answer........

What subscription/smartcard ........

jimmyjoe
06-04-14, 20:00
really dumb question here.... but what is the difference between a twin and single tuner, except for saving space? assume a twin still needs to lnb feeds?

so no point in me getting two twins if i only have 2 feeds?

Stanman
06-04-14, 20:12
It allows you to have more feeds and therefore less conflicts in recording,

jimmyjoe
06-04-14, 20:26
It allows you to have more feeds and therefore less conflicts in recording,

thanks for reply stan... it still needs 2 feeds tho?

Sirius
07-04-14, 13:21
thanks for reply stan... it still needs 2 feeds tho?

Each tuner will need it's own feed from the lnb for best results. IE more recordings less clashes

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

fintannl
01-09-15, 12:26
Buudy of mine bought the vu duo2 in a shop in Dublin. It has the double tuner in slot a and nothing in slot b. So in menu setup service searching tuner configuration you see tuner a and b both setup as simple, single, astra 28.2 and no. So if he starts a recording on rte1 and say now switches to sky1 the TV stays blank with good signal strength. Strange thing is if he goes to say BBC HD (is FTA channel) the channel will open. So this proves that both tuners are properly cabled. Any ideas?

bellejt
01-09-15, 12:30
wrong softcam.Use cccam 2.3.0 or oscam.

wullboy
01-09-15, 13:09
Buudy of mine bought the vu duo2 in a shop in Dublin. It has the double tuner in slot a and nothing in slot b. So in menu setup service searching tuner configuration you see tuner a and b both setup as simple, single, astra 28.2 and no. So if he starts a recording on rte1 and say now switches to sky1 the TV stays blank with good signal strength. Strange thing is if he goes to say BBC HD (is FTA channel) the channel will open. So this proves that both tuners are properly cabled. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem with a duo2, and the image was corrupt, i put a old back up on it, and it stared recording and cleared the other channels, i then did an online update back to my original v018 image, and everything was fine,

fintannl
01-09-15, 22:18
wrong softcam.Use cccam 2.3.0 or oscam.

Sure enough 2.3.0 did the business. Thanks. Cccam 2.2.1 didn't work. Strange

DaMacFunkin
02-09-15, 08:04
Needs to be a sticky somehow, for nearly a year now people have been having this 'problem'