PDA

View Full Version : Screen goes blank when watching a program and needs reflashing.

skratch
27-08-13, 19:52
Hi
all im using vix 726 on my vu+duo and have a problem which is really p@ss*ng me off, im watching a program when suddenly the screen goes blank and i have to turn it off from the back then it only goes as far as booting 99 so then i have to reflash the box which is very annoying its usually when a recording starts ive even been out and come back to this where i turn the tv on and its blank, ive even got up in the morning to this problem and had to reflash!!!
Plugins are as followed:On demand, cache flush, xbmcaddon,itv list builder, ts media.I am also using swap manager, its got to a point where i'm wondering if i should move to another image which i really don't want to do.

BubbleBalls
27-08-13, 20:57
There is an issue with drivers so you might be better flashing a slightly older image - 720 is OK - and hold off updating online until Vu fix the drivers. There's a few posts on this issue - also affected are loss of sound and blurred text.

Tapatalker

skratch
28-08-13, 20:05
There is an issue with drivers so you might be better flashing a slightly older image - 720 is OK - and hold off updating online until Vu fix the drivers. There's a few posts on this issue - also affected are loss of sound and blurred text.

Hi Bubble
I will do that thanks, as we speak the time was 19:59 (same time as yesterday) and it has done the same s@#t AGAIN!!!

Larry-G
28-08-13, 20:21
unfortunately without debug logs or bootlogs for these incidents there is really very little we can do to help, and i know this does not help but all 7 of my receivers are working fine including 5 Vu+ receivers on the latest image / drivers.

skratch
28-08-13, 20:57
unfortunately without debug logs or bootlogs for these incidents there is really very little we can do to help, and i know this does not help but all 7 of my receivers are working fine including 5 Vu+ receivers on the latest image / drivers.

Hi Pheonix
Thats not good are you running a VU+ duo?
So what i have done is flash 720 no plugins installed (yet) so its completely back to how it was. is there anyway to restore just my timers though?

Larry-G
28-08-13, 21:01
yes i have a duo but i have not used it much in the last couple of weeks, my brother also has a duo as his main family receiver as no reports from him which means all is good as he's a total technophobe. as for your timers yes just FTP to /etc/enigma2/ and copy the timers.xml and autotimers.xml files from the old image then FTP them back to the new image once setup. remembering to reboot once there transferred over.

skratch
28-08-13, 21:16
yes i have a duo but i have not used it much in the last couple of weeks, my brother also has a duo as his main family receiver as no reports from him which means all is good as he's a total technophobe. as for your timers yes just FTP to /etc/enigma2/ and copy the timers.xml and autotimers.xml files from the old image then FTP them back to the new image once setup. remembering to reboot once there transferred over.

Ah i have a slight problem i have already flashed the box to get it on and my backups only work with newer images, what is your advice is it the same as bubble try 720 because of know driver problems or just update but start again (don't use any backups) Thanks in advance m8

Larry-G
28-08-13, 22:21
Ah i have a slight problem i have already flashed the box to get it on and my backups only work with newer images, what is your advice is it the same as bubble try 720 because of know driver problems or just update but start again (don't use any backups) Thanks in advance m8

I would personally try a fresh install of the latest build and go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

skratch
29-08-13, 16:37
Keeps crashing when i try to change settings any idea why?
action -> SetupActions left
unknown action SetupActions/left! typo in keymap?
action -> SetupActions left
KEY: 105 LEFT
KEY: 399 GREEN
action -> SetupActions save
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 66, in action
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ConfigList.py", line 247, in keySave
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ConfigList.py", line 241, in saveAll
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'save'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0x1a8b378>>,('SetupActions', 'save')) failed)
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>

skratch
30-08-13, 17:21
Ok its happened again but this time ive got a log file who do i send it to for some help please?

Larry-G
30-08-13, 17:38
upload the log to this thread ( check it first and remove any personal / cam related info ).

skratch
30-08-13, 18:51
upload the log to this thread ( check it first and remove any personal / cam related info ).
Ok mate how do i upload it surely i don't just copy and paste it?

Larry-G
30-08-13, 19:11
Ok mate how do i upload it surely i don't just copy and paste it?

Click the go advanced tab under the text box then the manage attachments tab.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

skratch
30-08-13, 19:16
Ok thanks, i hope this helps someone solve the problem.