PDA

View Full Version : Plugin to execute commands on boot

lscolman
27-08-13, 18:37
Hi,
Is there such a plugin that will allow you to execute commands such as update your channel list, update EPG on power up?

Ive purchased a vu+ solo but it will be powered off most of the time, but Id like it to get all its updates when it's powered up.

I understand that I could edit the crontab, but a plugin to allow you to select different commands/plugins at startup would be a really great development in my opinion.

I would welcome others views/comments and if they have a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Larry-G
27-08-13, 18:42
In the ViX image you have a very powerful custom power manager which can be setup to boot / power the receiver down as per your viewing habbits.

so for example.

you can set the receiver to wake at 04:00.
ABM update is set for 04:15
EPG update set for 04:20
receiver set to power down as 04:30.

then receiver is set to power back on say 16:00 in time for you to come in from work and go back into deep standby at 23:00.
also remember that all of your pre-scheduled recordings will still go ahead when the receiver is in deepstandby as it wakes before and goes back to sleep afterwards.

lscolman
27-08-13, 19:02
Hi Phoenix,

Whereabouts in the menu system are those options? Im on 720 build. An found it under timers.

I recall trying something like this a little while back, but the box would not wake from deep sleep to perform the updates.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers, Lee

Larry-G
27-08-13, 19:04
not sure of the location as i'm not near a receiver to check, look for the power timers.

lscolman
27-08-13, 19:55
Ah the power timers have been improved since the last time I used them.

Just did start from deep standby, update EPG and Bouquets and back into deep standby. Flawless.

That sorts my ultimo which I always have power applied.

What I was really looking for, is when you plug the solo in at the wall, and it boots up for it to run the EPG and bouquet updates. The problem is that those times are set by the plugin. I think the only option I have is to edit the startup script. Can you help with the commands I need to need to run for these plugins?

Cheers, Lee

lscolman
29-08-13, 16:50
Hi,

I've just bought a VU+ Solo to partner my Ultimo. This VU+ Solo will remain unplugged and used rarely, but what I would ideally like is on boot that it runs the EPG update and AutoBouquet so it's ready to use after these updates.

Can anyone advise where I can find the commands for running these EPG and Autobouquet scripts are stored. I'd need the command that is run when you select download from the EPG menu and the command to run the autobouquet update.

I guess I will then need to add these as the last part of the boot script. Again, I would appreciate guidance as to what boots up last.

I'm running ViX.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Rob van der Does
29-08-13, 17:06
What about:
1- set a daily power timer to boot the box at time xx.xx (maybe early in the morning);
2- set EPG download (Cross??) to run daily at xx.05;
3- set ABM to run at to run daily at xx.15;
4- set a repeating auto deep sleep powertimer at xx.25

Job done.

Larry-G
29-08-13, 17:15
exactly the same answer as to your other post here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30958-Plugin-to-execute-commands-on-boot

Rob van der Does
29-08-13, 17:31
Hmmmm, so why ask the same question twice and let me spoil my energy on repeating an answer you already got :rolleyes:

judge
29-08-13, 18:40
You could also mount the flash & HDD from your Ultimo on the Solo.
Use the HDD as a HDD replacement on the Solo, so it reads your EPG from Ultimo on start-up, presuming that's where you store it?

As for ABM, if you mount the flash, I'm sure you could also use a symlink to use the bouquets stored on the Ultimo on your Solo, however if you update the solo, I'm sure you'd have to repeat this step.

lscolman
29-08-13, 21:54
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Ive asked the question again on this forum, as it wasn't answered on the original thread.

My box will be 'unplugged' i.e. not powered up. When I physically apply power at the switch on the wall, Im looking for a way for the EPG and bouquet updates to run on startup. As far as I can see timers cannot achieve this currently.

Cheers, Les

Rob van der Does
30-08-13, 06:18
Hmmmm, so why ask the same question twice and let me spoil my energy on repeating an answer you already got :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. Ive asked the question again on this forum, as it wasn't answered on the original thread.

Euuuhhh??? You got an answer exactly 5 minutes after asking your question: see here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30958-Plugin-to-execute-commands-on-boot&p=232960&viewfull=1#post232960)
And if you're not happy with an answer, you should continue asking questions in the original thread, not doing it all over in a new one.

Not sure why you would want to 'unplug' the box: power consumption in deep sleep is around 0.5W.

lscolman
30-08-13, 20:32
Euuuuhhhh? I did ask the question again in the previous thread, but
Got no response...

"What I was really looking for, is when you plug the solo in at the wall, and it boots up for it to run the EPG and bouquet updates. The problem is that those times are set by the plugin. I think the only option I have is to edit the startup script. Can you help with the commands I need to need to run for these plugins?"

The above is the last paragraph of the last post I made.

Just to clarify, the power is NOT applied to the box, not do I want to apply power to it. It can be months on end whilst I use my cinema room and leaving stuff in standby is a waste of power (in my opinion).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

LraiZer
30-08-13, 22:30
this command should work with latest AutoBouquets E2 plugin - 201308251700
you can look in plugin.py file at the area list for your own data and region codes.

command line options:
"DATA" [4 digit decimal]
"REGION" [2 digit decimal]
"EXTRA" [Y/N]
"HDFIRST" [Y/N]
"NUMBERING" [Y/N]
"UPDATE_FLAG" [Y/N]
"PLACEHOLDER_FLAG" [Y/N]
"PARENTAL_CONTROL" [Y/N]
"CUSTOM" [Y/N]
"FTA_ONLY" [Y/N]
"SCRIPTCHECKS" [Y/N]
"STYLE" [0,1,2,3,4,5]

command line example:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets/autobouquets_e2.sh 4101 07 N Y Y Y Y N Y Y N Y 0

Rob van der Does
31-08-13, 17:26
exactly the same answer as to your other post here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30958-Plugin-to-execute-commands-on-boot
I merged the two threads.

@ Iscolman: please don't ask the same question in multiple threads.