PDA

View Full Version : Update problems

tinker
27-08-13, 14:32
Just downloaded and tried to update 726 now no boot or splash screen. Box has been updating fine upto this version. Is there a problem with this image now?

pooface
27-08-13, 15:18
Are you sure you have a genuine VU solo, not a clone, or similar box that takes same image? As its already been discussed that cone boxes do not work with the latest images.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=30873

Also, please don't state you have a genuine box if you do not have...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

tinker
28-08-13, 10:50
Hi Yes sold to me as a genuine VU solo. Purchased in June this year. All images including Vix 7.22 and Blackhole 2.0.4 works fine. I have taken the lid off the box and checked the layout and all looks to be genuine. Could there be a problem with the latest drivers in the new image?

Mr. Mister
28-08-13, 12:01
If you solo stopped working on build 722 then you have a clone..

My brother in law has an original solo.. and it updated fine..

If you contact the guy that sold it to you.. And tell him its a clone.. Im sure you will be entitled to you money back..

Can you post a photo of the rear of the box.. ?

pooface
28-08-13, 19:13
Hi Tinker.

As Mr Mister said, please post a picture in this thread. Hit the "+ Reply to Thread" button, click Go Advanced under quick reply, and there will be an attachment button for you to click and upload your pictures...

As said though, this appears to only affect cloned units, so it seems highly likely you have a clone...

tinker
29-08-13, 11:46
Hi As requested pics of the rear of the VU Solo. I was told that this was an original box and I have so far had no reason to doubt it. Is there an indication on the rear of the panel which indicates positively its a clone. Thanks

dfdream
29-08-13, 12:00
You can compare your photos with here... Check more of the identified differences...

http://vuplus.com/images/event_clone.jpg

The card reader in your photo looks more like the clone one than the original one...

Hi As requested pics of the rear of the VU Solo. I was told that this was an original box and I have so far had no reason to doubt it. Is there an indication on the rear of the panel which indicates positively its a clone. Thanks

Sicilian
29-08-13, 12:29
Hi Yes sold to me as a genuine VU solo. Purchased in June this year. All images including Vix 7.22 and Blackhole 2.0.4 works fine. I have taken the lid off the box and checked the layout and all looks to be genuine. Could there be a problem with the latest drivers in the new image?

Please pm me where purchased and price paid.

tinker
29-08-13, 12:35
Hi Thanks for the reply. Trust me I have looked at over 100 pictures of what is supposed to be clones and originals and its impossibe for to determine if the pictures I have seen on the thread you posted and on other forums the pictures of my Solo prove it to be a cloned box. I have to assume I have been sold a clone as I cannot update VIX image 726. (however BH 2.0.5 works fine and boots perfectly)
I am supprised though that more users of the VIX image for the Solo havent posted here as if mine is a clone and has been working perfectly ok up to the latest image reviews what of all the others out there unkowingly using clone boxes and like me have constantly updated the image on line without issue. I look forward to hearing other views on this.:confused:

dfdream
29-08-13, 12:50
More than likely some security measure has been added by VU to cause this effect with cloned boxes.
I agree that you should be made aware that something is a clone when you buy it.
If it is a clone it highlights the necessity to purchase from a reliable source.
Contact the seller and discuss with them is the only advice that any one here can give...

Maybe blackhole works because it doesn't have the same updated drivers vix has ?

Larry-G
29-08-13, 15:15
Maybe blackhole works because it doesn't have the same updated drivers vix has ?

Exactly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BubbleBalls
29-08-13, 16:12

Name and shame. If its a dealer or ebayer post the details so others don't get conned.

Tapatalker

tinker
29-08-13, 17:33
first of all I need to know that the Solo I have is in fact a Clone. So far there is nothing to show that what I have is anything other than genuine. I paid over 250 quid for this and I am still looking for the obvious signs this is a clone. Its easy to spot the ferrari boxes as they support an upright pc board with IC on board mine does not. Can anyone on this forum tell me what I need to look for either inside or out that the box is a clone. PLEASE.

Larry-G
29-08-13, 17:46
from the pictures you uploaded it does not look like it's a clone to me but there are several versions of clones about, try taking some more detailed and varied pictures.

Clabs
29-08-13, 17:46
Tinker

Why don't you upload your own photos of EXACTLY the areas that were pictured in the link posted previously in this thread?

BubbleBalls
29-08-13, 22:05
That link was excellent - very good pics.

Tapatalker

thecaretaker
29-08-13, 23:35
This might help. After doing a bit of twisting round and re-sizing.... The graphics on the board and card reader look like the clone, but cabling looks like the original.

pooface
30-08-13, 10:15
Tinker, how old is your box? I noticed that your box says it's a version 1.0, from April 2010. Just checked mine, and it is v1.1 from May 2010...

tinker
01-09-13, 08:07
Hi Pooface
Having purchased the box this year I hoped it would have been the latest revision. Could you pm me with pics of your board so I can look at what differences there maybe. I would really like to know if it's a clone before getting in touch with the guy I bought from. Interestingly I installed BH2.0.5 and used the genuine plugin send the love input my serial numbers etc and sure enough I got the green authentication screen which I can pm to you. Thanks:confused:

Larry-G
01-09-13, 08:18
To be honest the return the love plugin often returns a genuine result even for clones, it is a little concerning however if you only recently bought the receiver and received a older unit.

tinker
01-09-13, 08:29
Can I ask just how much difference between the boxes there are? As I said earlier in this thread I have looked at and downloaded loads of pics and whilst I can see some cosmetic changes I can't see just where the distinction is. I have original dm800 and dm800se boxes and it's easy to determine clones on these boxes. I looked at the other forums and as you say my box is 2010 build not too sure when the Solo clones were introduced. Was it before or after 2010. Just a word on the bh plugin, what's the point of having such a plugin if as stated it work on clones too. You would have to input a genuine S/N I guess.

Stanman
01-09-13, 09:43
post the pics mate of the whole of the back and inside and we will know once and all clone or no clone.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

tinker
02-09-13, 09:16
Stanman

I have posted the pics on first page of this thread. Maybe what would help me too is someone posting pics of vusolo original so comparisons can be made. So far no one seems able or willing. The pics posted BT the caretaker only show the card reader. You seem confident that you can tell a clone from the pics. Can you tell me what to look for either on the box or main board?... Thanks in advance:confused:

ChrisWillo123
04-09-13, 12:30
Hello, i have just attempted to update my vu+ solo today, and it has been stuck on " update in progress etc etc. it has been stuck on this screen now for approx 25 mins.

Box in genuine, running latest vix image.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

pooface
04-09-13, 15:29
Stanman

I have posted the pics on first page of this thread. Maybe what would help me too is someone posting pics of vusolo original so comparisons can be made. So far no one seems able or willing. The pics posted BT the caretaker only show the card reader. You seem confident that you can tell a clone from the pics. Can you tell me what to look for either on the box or main board?... Thanks in advance:confused:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this.

Here's my pictures I took the other day: