PDA

View Full Version : latest update and now box is dropping sound

krainey4
27-08-13, 14:25
I did the usual last week and did an online update to all 3 boxes I own (in different locations ) - but ever since then the boxes randomly drop sound in any channel I am watching and to get the sound back I have to go up and down a channel - I tried to restore back to older image and restored enigma settings but still have the audio problem - has anybody heard of this in the latest image 722 ? thanks for any info

Rob van der Does
27-08-13, 14:41
Yes, I read a number of similar reports.
You could use older drivers.

zola25
27-08-13, 14:53
Yup same problem here,has anyone got an idea where to get the drivers that were working before or what image should we roll back to

BubbleBalls
27-08-13, 15:04
Updating of drivers?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=30939

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
27-08-13, 15:16
Yup same problem here,has anyone got an idea where to get the drivers that were working before or what image should we roll back to
Best try these:

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/vuplus-dvb-modules-bm750-3.1.1-4.4.3-20130731.tar.gz

gordyboy
27-08-13, 16:15
Hi I have the same problem can you tell me how do install the drivers above?

thanks

BubbleBalls
27-08-13, 17:12
Guys, sorry I linked the wrong thread earlier - have a read of this one.
Manually installing drivers help
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=30931

Tapatalker

yesyesyo
01-09-13, 15:15
It's pretty sad the latest updates are causing lots of issues, seems like untested alpha quality.

-Sometimes there is not sound
-Skin has become blurry
-Go to User interface-->Settings... and press exit it crashes

Anyway thanks for the pointer about the drivers, gonna downgrade them.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 15:17
Which drivers exactly do you currently have on the box as Vu only released a new set for the Duo two days ago dated 30.08.2013 specifically to fix the audio issues.

yesyesyo
01-09-13, 15:24
I can confirm the drivers from 31-7-13 fixed the issues except the last one still got crashing Settings...

Please roll back the drivers in future releases so new users dont get disappointed and we can all have a stable box.

yesyesyo
01-09-13, 15:27
I had 19-8-13 drivers.. thnx im gonna try the new ones as well

Larry-G
01-09-13, 15:28
I can confirm the drivers from 31-7-13 fixed the issues except the last one still got crashing Settings...

Please roll back the drivers in future releases so new users dont get disappointed and we can all have a stable box.

The issue with the crash on exiting settings has been fixed for the next release as far as i'm aware, as for rolling drivers back thats not possible but you can either intall them manually your self or just wait for the next release which will contain the new drivers.

yesyesyo
01-09-13, 15:36
The issue with the crash on exiting settings has been fixed for the next release as far as i'm aware, as for rolling drivers back thats not possible but you can either intall them manually your self or just wait for the next release which will contain the new drivers.

The 30-8-13 drivers are still XXXX. Sound seems fixed but the UI image quality is terrible. Only the 31-7-13 work well, rolling back.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 15:38
The 30-8-13 drivers are still shit. Sound seems fixed but the UI image quality is terrible. Only the 31-7-13 work well, rolling back.

Drivers are not created by us but Vu+, were just using what were given.

yesyesyo
01-09-13, 15:43
Drivers are not created by us but Vu+, were just using what were given.

I know, thats why you should test them properly.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 15:45

Vu+ test their own drivers prior to issuing them, we have no reason to test them prior to adding them to the image, plus that why we have the stable / unstable image status.

yesyesyo
01-09-13, 16:09
Vu+ test their own drivers prior to issuing them, we have no reason to test them prior to adding them to the image, plus that why we have the stable / unstable image status.

I mean you should test the drivers after adding them to the image. This should have not been put in the stable channel as thats the only one I use.

Larry-G
01-09-13, 16:12
I mean you should test the drivers after adding them to the image. This should have not been put in the stable channel as thats the only one I use.

The thing is we support over 20 plus receivers and this issue affects a single receiver, yes we may have missed this issue but a quick jump on the forum shows just how easy it is to fix with the new drivers by Vu+.

Stanman
01-09-13, 16:21

Am sorry, next timer after working a full day, I will forego time with my kids to make sure this does not happen again:)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
01-09-13, 17:18
That has no relation with drivers.

The 30-8-13 drivers are still XXXX. Sound seems fixed but the UI image quality is terrible. Only the 31-7-13 work well, rolling back.
1- As I have said several times now: the reports on DUI-quality are scars and the issue can't be reproduced by any of our testers/devs.
2- As only a few people seem to have this issue, it's easy for them to use older drivers.
3- I hope you have reported a possible driver-bug to VU+. We can't as we don't experience it.
4- The fact that all screenshots are fine, make it even more difficult to establish the cause of this possible issue.
5- Rolling back drivers is not easy done: OPKG only allows updates, not downgrades.

cwebb66
01-09-13, 19:55
hi sorry to but in on this but this happened to me today when I updated to 729 over the internet via the box , they way I got round it was to download the file direct from the site and reflash via usb stick , then rebooted , I have had no problem with all day today so far , I did not update any drivers from anywhere unless they where in the file I downloaded to the usb stick , I hope this helps you out in some way