PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] gigablue quad frozen

bigalfazer
27-08-13, 13:20
Hi I am in trouble again.l when in to the menu on my gigablue quad and saw that you could download various pluggins .so I decided to download an epg one after which a message on the screen said I was to restarted and the box I did so but when the box restarted it only gets as far as the*gigablue screen and hangs there also the red stand by light is on wjll I have to reflash the box or is there some way of undoing what I did.............help!!!!!!:confused:

Stanman
27-08-13, 13:41
Image, build???

Easiest is to reflash especially if you have your settings backed up.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

bigalfazer
27-08-13, 14:27
Hi ok thanks which is the most stable image so far as I have been reading on the forum that there's been some issues with some images

BubbleBalls
27-08-13, 14:30
Hi ok thanks which is the most stable image so far as I have been reading on the forum that there's been some issues with some images

There have been no issues with any of the latest images for me. I am on 3.726 (if I remember correctly) but have updated on each release. DL the latest stable from the DL section and online update.

Tapatalker

bigalfazer
27-08-13, 18:54
hi again, I have reflashed my box with 3.726 ,and it is working again except that in the system menu were you initialise the hdd ,the hdd part is no longer in there ,I have flashed it twice, or should I flash it with the hdd disconnected I am a bit lossed as to why it has disapered after a reflash

BubbleBalls
27-08-13, 20:54
Sounds like its not mounted. Try menu/Vix/Mount manager. If you see it there then highlight and press blue button to mount. Not sure if a restart is needed. You should not need to initialise the HDD (lose recordings etc)

Tapatalker

bigalfazer
28-08-13, 09:41
Thanks .thats worked. what a great forum .thanks for your help:thumbsup: but no doubt I'll end up in trouble again

bigalfazer
28-08-13, 09:48
Just a thought is there an english Manuel for the gigablue quad yet :confused:

BubbleBalls
28-08-13, 10:08
There's no real manuals for receivers like this as the image you choose decides how various functions work. Blackhole vs VIX, for example, are different in how you set things up though ultimately each image should do much the same. My opinion is that VIX is more slick and user friendly.

To get to know what you can do with your receiver read plenty from forums. You may come across stuff you don't understand initially but before long you will get a great understanding. And if you don't - just ask. There are loads of people on this site more than willing to help.

Tapatalker

bigalfazer
28-08-13, 14:22

bigalfazer
30-08-13, 05:56
Hi another problem came up on my quad last night I did a scan for channel last night It completed the scan .came out of the menu screens turned the box off and on it boot up so far till it gets to the blue and white snow scene and on the front of the box on the lcd screen it says from bouquets I've tried restarting the box a couple of times but it ends up back at the same place. ....!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Sicilian
30-08-13, 05:58
Sounds like something is stopping it booting, without a bootlog, this cant be found. You may well be best to do a fresh re-flash and setup with no restore.

bigalfazer
31-08-13, 06:50
Hi back up and running again ...I was trying to set up the epg but am a little stuck I have formated an 8 gig flash drive with hp formater put it in a rear usb port then gone to the epg menu and made the flash drive the place to save the epg to the changed the download time to 9.00am but then got a bit stuck on what to do next!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

dfdream
31-08-13, 08:41
Is it Crossepg in VIX you are using for EPG.
If yes press blue button and choose crossepg downloader and let it go though its routine.
It should go through ... Reading Channels.. Reading summaries, titles, parsing then saving and loading data.
I assume you are on 28.2.
Let us know how you get on..Im having trouble getting the EPG to save on my new quad...
The saving and loading data never appear when I do a download so I get no epg data...

Hi back up and running again ...I was trying to set up the epg but am a little stuck I have formated an 8 gig flash drive with hp formater put it in a rear usb port then gone to the epg menu and made the flash drive the place to save the epg to the changed the download time to 9.00am but then got a bit stuck on what to do next!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

bigalfazer
02-09-13, 07:12
Hi I tried installing crossepg it seemed to go through all the motions of installing but I got pulled away to do other things and have not yet tried it .i take it I press the red button to get the epg up.......I haven't had much chance to play with the box yet so I'm abit slow on the uptake:confused:

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 07:24
Hi I tried installing crossepg ....
So you're not on ViX as I thought. ViX has Cross installed by default.

bigalfazer
02-09-13, 11:34
Yes I'm on vix 3.76 anyway the latest one I could find I did as you said pressed the blue button then it went straight to the crossepg plug in page I pressed to install and let it do its own thing I just need time to check that the epg is working as I was called away before I could check

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 12:27
Sorry again, but I have no idea what you mean by 'install' then? I don't have any 'install' on Cross.

bigalfazer
02-09-13, 16:44
Just got home and check the epg and it is working great....well made what I mean is when I pressed the blue button as you said and a page came up with crossepg plugin I clicked on the plugin that page went of and a bar came up at the bottom of the page and it look like it was downloading maybe it was get the epg info .......the flash drive was formated with hp formater before I installed it sorry if I am not making sense

BubbleBalls
02-09-13, 16:45
When you say install do you mean downloading? CrossEPG starts downloading if the screen goes to the blue splash screen?

There is a guide on using CrossEPG on the site - it will help ensure all your settings are correct.

Tapatalker

Edit. Thought so - happy its working for you.

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 18:06
Just got home and check the epg and it is working great....well made what I mean is when I pressed the blue button as you said and a page came up with crossepg plugin I clicked on the plugin that page went of and a bar came up at the bottom of the page and it look like it was downloading maybe it was get the epg info .......the flash drive was formated with hp formater before I installed it sorry if I am not making sense
No worries; be happy it works fine now :thumbsup:

bigalfazer
03-09-13, 06:14
Yes it is probably downloading I suppose its downloading the epg info.........the next thing I was going to try was making a backup of the system.to so that if anything happen I can restore it easily. ...

BubbleBalls
03-09-13, 11:52
Yes it is probably downloading I suppose its downloading the epg info.........the next thing I was going to try was making a backup of the system.to so that if anything happen I can restore it easily. ...

Menu, setup, Vix, Back up, image backup (total backup of everything) or settings backup (user files, plug ins etc)

While in there pressing menu will allow you to choose HDD or USB (if applicable) you can also set them to automatic (good idea)

By default Vix will do a backup on each update.

Tapatalker

bigalfazer
16-09-13, 06:45
Hi finally I have gotten round to backing up my quad to the hdd thanks :thumbsup:..but I would also like to back the box up to a separate usb stick but I already have a usb stick pluged in for the epg .when I go into the menu will I be able to differentiate between the epg one and the one I would like to do the backup on:confused::confused:

BubbleBalls
18-09-13, 11:08
Hi finally I have gotten round to backing up my quad to the hdd thanks :thumbsup:..but I would also like to back the box up to a separate usb stick but I already have a usb stick pluged in for the epg .when I go into the menu will I be able to differentiate between the epg one and the one I would like to do the backup on:confused::confused:

I think so. They have different names (unless you use identical sticks)

Tapatalker

Larry-G
18-09-13, 17:25

Yes you should be able to but to be honest you dont need to. I use the same stick for picons, EPG, logs and backups on several boxes just fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bigalfazer
21-09-13, 07:19
Ok thank I'll try it on my epg stick its 8gb so should be big enough:thumbsup:

bigalfazer
23-09-13, 06:02
Hi maybe someone can help when I go into the menu on my gigablue quad and do a channel search does it search for the channels on A and B tuners at the same time or do I have to scan the tuners separately. ...and once they are setup am I able to to swap between them ..or is it say A tuner for watching the channels and B for recording:confused:

Rob van der Does
23-09-13, 06:25
You can choose any tuner for a scan. The box 'knows' which tuner has which LNB's, so it decides what tuner to use for watching/recording.
It's all automated :thumbsup:

bigalfazer
23-09-13, 08:57
Ok so dose that mean that I need a separate lnb for each tuner ...instead of one lnb with 4 take offs:confused:

abu baniaz
23-09-13, 09:42
A quad lnb is essentially 4 separate lnbs, octo is 8. Ideal is to have separate cable to each lnb.

However, two would be enough for most people when other tuners are set as loopthrough.

I disagree with Rob, receiver does not know. It depends on user configuring it correctly.

Rob van der Does
23-09-13, 14:41
I disagree with Rob, receiver does not know. It depends on user configuring it correctly.
LOL of course configuration must be correct :confused: