PDA

View Full Version : Box in second room without sky feed?

detox1978
27-08-13, 00:28
Hi All,

I have a VU+ Solo 2 downstairs and would like to occasionally watch TV upstairs.

The room upstairs doesnt have a Sky feed. Is it possible to use the downstairs feed?

Thanks

D

Larry-G
27-08-13, 05:02
Hi All,

I have a VU+ Solo 2 downstairs and would like to occasionally watch TV upstairs.

The room upstairs doesnt have a Sky feed. Is it possible to use the downstairs feed?

Thanks

D

As long as both are connected to your network you can use the remote channel stream convert plugin feom the feeds, this allows you to borrow a tuner from the host box and stream it to the other without the need for the second box to even be hooked up to the dish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

detox1978
28-08-13, 00:09
Thanks will give it a try

shuggy
28-08-13, 02:54
or get a video sender, that's what I use

Larry-G
28-08-13, 04:54

personally i still recommend remote channel stream convert over a video sender as you can stream any channel while still watching another on the host receiver, it also streams every thing including the EPG from the host boxes tuner. I used this method my self for around 5 months when testing the Uno in a room that had a lan cable but no satellite feed, it works perfectly.

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 06:13
But at the cost of inferior picture quality. I can't believe anyone to accept that these days :p

The solution via LAN provides full HD quality, where as a sender uses CVBS: the lowest life-form in video :eek:

micscave
28-08-13, 11:59
I've always found remote stream convert to work very well but never got it to stream the EPG data though. How do you get it to do this?

Thanks
micscave

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 12:20
Menu --> Setup --> System --> EPG --> Settings --> Include EIT is HTTP stream --> Yes

Trial
28-08-13, 20:11
Hi,
I mount the hard drive of my master box and on the client box I setup that she uses the EPG file from the master hard drive. When I start my client I already have a completely filled EPG.

ciao

micscave
28-08-13, 20:24
Brilliant, thanks Rob & Trial, I'll give those a go.

micscave
28-08-13, 20:36
Menu --> Setup --> System --> EPG --> Settings --> Include EIT is HTTP stream --> Yes

Hi Rob
Just gone to have a look at this & it was already set to yes but it has never worked in the 8 months I've been using it, strange.

Rob van der Does
28-08-13, 20:47
Yeah, point is, that only EIT-EPG is being transmitted that way. If a service doesn't have that, the client doesn't get EPG.
So either use Trials suggestion then, or setup the EPG for the client the same way as for the master (e.g. Cross).