PDA

View Full Version : twin tuner set advice

hawaythelad
26-08-13, 19:58
I want to know what is the best way to set up twin tuner.

I have an 80 cm motorised dish & sly dish set up.

downstairs in the house I have a duo connected to the sly dish & my motorised dish, but it dose not control the motor.

upstairs I have the venton connected to the motorised dish only.

what is the best way to set the twin tuner up.

should I change the dual lnb to a quad lnb on the motorised dish.

or should I take one the of the feeds from the sly quad & connect it to the venton is that possible.

hawaythelad
28-08-13, 20:04
is there a way to set the box up with the motor without using usals
the box is not locking onto the sat.

I have the limits of but the eat or west is not moving, but when I go to calibrate it moves the dish but I get the error no signal.

when I move the dish with the spiderbox then plug the cable back into the box it works ok

any ideas?

Larry-G
28-08-13, 20:19
you can use this to setup without usals but it's a very long winded process.

hawaythelad
28-08-13, 21:30

cheers mate I will give it ago

hawaythelad
13-09-13, 11:47

hi mate

I have tried several times following the pdf but I can the box to pick up the 1st sat I put in but when I try to put the second sat up nothing happens it dose not logon to the sat.

I know I have the sat locked as a I navigate to the sats position ok with the spiderbox but get no signal any ideas

hawaythelad
13-09-13, 12:01
I am using a dual lnb

hawaythelad
13-09-13, 13:27
Posted in error.

Please delete

I will give it ago

hawaythelad
13-09-13, 13:29
Posted in error.

Please delete ok I wont then

abu baniaz
13-09-13, 14:41
You can only move the dish with one receiver. Can we concentrate on the motorised dish for the moment, we can tackle teh 28.2 dish later? Can you also confirm the following?

A. Do you have any diseqc switches/splitters in the setup?

B. How many receivers will be connected to the motorised dish?
C. Which receiver do you want to control the motor?
D. Does "dish controlling receiver" have the "motor cable" connected to it

Regarding the second cable of the lnb on the motorised dish, "non-motor cable".
E. Which receiver and dish input is the non-motor cable connected to?
F. what is the tuner config for said dish input/tuner.

hawaythelad
13-09-13, 15:07
a it has no switches or splitters connected to it bit is using the internal diseqc 1.2
b the dish has two recievers connected to it
c the venton
d yes, when I remove the cable from the venton & connect the spiderbox with the same cable the spiderbox picks up the signal.

e not sure as I never set the dish up

f simple then the sat name

abu baniaz
13-09-13, 16:02
Answers E & F are incomplete. As they do not affect the motor controls (provided you have not mixed up the wires) it can be ignored for now.

I would suggest you treat things in isolation. The priority is that we get the Venton controlling the motor.

G. Identify your cables and label them.
H. Verify you do not have a faulty tuner one at a time.
Set all tuners to "not configured". Connect the 28.2 satellite cable and set to relevant tuner to
Simple. Single, 28.2

I. Once conformed that the tuner is not faulty, connect the "motor cable" to the Venton tuner and proceed to configure with other tuners disabled and no other satellite cables connected. I would attempt USALS first.
J. Report back if the dish moves and whether it locks on to the satellite.

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 16:25
hi sorry for the delay I have did the above but it is not moving my dish, I have had my dish aligned it work perfercty with my spiderbox.

tuner a & b both work with the sky cable.

when I try to move the dish usal I get tuner config error

any ideas

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 16:36
I am using wannabes motor channel list & the lnb on the motorised dish is a dual lnb
what settings am I missing on the tuner config

abu baniaz
04-10-13, 17:04
Take screen shots of your tuner config and upload please. You can also use the webinterface to do this.

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 17:26
just done it mate

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 17:32
I have just swapped the tuners over again so the fixes dish is a & the motorised dish in b still the same

abu baniaz
04-10-13, 17:38
Sorry to ask again, you are definitely using the cable to the motor, not the one direct to lnb on motorised dish?

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 17:41
yes that is correct it works ok when I have the spiderbox or the duo but not with this box

abu baniaz
04-10-13, 17:49
Last thing I can suggest, can you try replacing the satellites.xml? Easier to transfer a new chanenl list, Vhannibals is updated regularly.

If you set up the duo excatly the same and it moves the dish successfully, then I suspect something is wrong with your hardware.

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 18:02
which is the best way to do this ftp with dream box edit or directly from the plugin section

abu baniaz
04-10-13, 18:17
Not sure how up to date the ones in the plugins are, but will serve your purpose.

If manually downloaded onto PC, normally transfer using Dreamset/Dreamboxedit.

hawaythelad
04-10-13, 18:18
I will give that ago

hawaythelad
05-10-13, 10:01
I have got both tuners working now I have the tuner connected to the fixed dish & tuner b connected to the motorised dish.
both tuners are working on 28 east ok they are both locked ok

I now have to get the box to power the motor to move the dish.

whats the best way to set this up using vix on this box

abu baniaz
05-10-13, 10:12
Same as you did in picture of settings above.

hawaythelad
05-10-13, 10:35
I will give it ago after the kids have stopped watching the Disney channel

abu baniaz
05-10-13, 11:45
Personanly I prefer to deal with problems in isolation. Once resolved add other variables. In your case, I would start of with get your E2 receivers to move the motorised dish.

Also, may I suggest that you draw a picture. Should look like attached, finish off with which wire is connected to which tuner. Add/dleet wires as required.

hawaythelad
05-10-13, 16:47
got the dish moving now so one more problem sorted just need to get the dish to lock tightened all the fittings on the motor it now moves

hawaythelad
18-10-13, 19:40
the dish is picking up the signal on the dish now but on the tuner has a weak signal strength & keep breaking up I have used dish pointer & got Latitude: 54.7860°
Longitude: -1.3572° but my compass on my phone is 54.4711 n 1.2125w on my iphone .

also when I am on sat finder do I have it set to predefined transponder or manual transponder

hawaythelad
19-10-13, 15:56
how can I enter the frequency on the position set up feature so I can get a lock on the dish & use the fine movement