PDA

View Full Version : Project Valerie etc plugins

richardinspain
26-08-13, 08:10
Hi
Im thinking of buying the gigablue quad but before i do i wanted to make sure that i can use plugins like Project Valerie, cool epg and yamps player etc
I read somewhere that a couple of people had problems with plugins but just wanted to check before i take the plunge
Many thanks Richard

Larry-G
26-08-13, 09:18
yes you can use those plugins if you wish but ViX has a better EPG than the CoolEPG so there is no real need to install that onto the image.

madaboutlotus
26-08-13, 12:30
I agree with Phoenix, much better than Cool epg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

richardinspain
26-08-13, 19:56
Excellent, thanks, that has put my mind at rest
In your opinion do you get the same amount of plugins as you would in the images for vu and dreambox?
Thanks

Larry-G
26-08-13, 20:15
plugins that work on the Vu will work happily on any other receiver we support as they are all broadcom mipsel based, except where small hardware differences may come into play but that's a very very low number of affected plugins if any.

richardinspain
26-08-13, 20:28
Thanks Pheonix
Just wanted to make sure as i currently have a amiko alien which is sh4 and and couldn't use many plugins or ones that were available to mips receivers anyway
Many thanks for the info

Sicilian
26-08-13, 20:30
Thanks Pheonix
Just wanted to make sure as i currently have a amiko alien which is sh4 and and couldn't use many plugins or ones that were available to mips receivers anyway
Many thanks for the info

You wont go far wrong with a Broadcom based unit ;)

Larry-G
26-08-13, 20:31
Thanks Pheonix
Many thanks for the info

Broadcom all the way buddy, sh4 is a joke if you ask me.

richardinspain
26-08-13, 20:46
Thanks Guys
I was put off the gigablue a bit as a few post i had read about some plugins not working but you have put my mind at rest and i think i will go for this receiver
Thanks again