PDA

View Full Version : VU Duo Black Screen Issue

ki99
25-08-13, 16:34
Hello all,

I seem to have a problem with my duo that started yesterday, hopefully the box is not on the way out. I'd appreciate any help please.

The problem is that the screen has been going black as if the box is off, the sound stops to the surround sound and I can't access any menu's, but the display on the box suggests it's still on. If I power down the box with the switch and turn it back on then it will work again.

It has happended about 5-6 times since yesterday evening, the box is not hot and there seems to be no pattern as to when it happens.

I'm running the latest version of VIX, I updated after it happened the first time to see if it would fix it but no joy.

Any ideas?

pooface
25-08-13, 16:54
Try taking both an image backup and a normal backup. Then, do a complete fresh flash. Try restoring your settings, and see if this resolves the issue... If you still have am issue, try relaxing, but without restoring the settings and setting up fresh...

When it goes black on screen, what happens when using the remote, does it show on screen any changes? Can you access via telnet, ftp, weblog?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ki99
25-08-13, 17:17
I'll try that thanks, I can't get anything on the screen when it goes black. I'm not sure if I can access via those other methods when it goes off I will try it next time it happens.

spectre289
25-08-13, 17:23
Getting the same issue here only started today, twice now the screen has just randomly turned black, remote doesn't respond, can't telnet or access openwebif. Had to manually restart the box with the switch on the back to get it working again. It still shows the channel name on the front of the box during this, though unable to change it or see/hear anything

ki99
25-08-13, 17:36
That's a slight relief that it's not just mine, are you using VIX? I updated mine a few days ago, so I thought that might have something to do with it, I then updated it again after it started playing up, just in case it was a known bug and there was a fix.

Also, I think mine only does it on HD channels I'm not sure if it's the same for you?

spectre289
25-08-13, 17:46
Yeah I'm on ViX and updated a couple days ago too, version 3.0.723, will try updating again later since I notice there's a new version out. Not sure if it's happening on SD channels as i've only been watching HD since it's started happening

ismailbmw
25-08-13, 20:31
Hi same thing on my vu duo aswell, Im on build 726 and it has been happening for 3 days, randomly black screen but only when HD channels are viewed. My only solution is to switch off from the back and reboot. It is a reflief to find others are in similar boat (sorry)

Darren
26-08-13, 00:14
Also having instances where the sound goes off, but if change channel or then return to previous channel it's back on. (also works if i press Audio button and toggle Red Digital Down mix on/off)
Also having problems with recordings not showing up or fresh recordings failing because of no room!
Seems to work fine when i manually switch off/on round the back.
Am thinking it must be something in one of the latest software updates i recently did.
All working fine at the Mo though, did a system restart with just settings and hope thats fixed it. Currently running Vs 3 - Build 726

judge
26-08-13, 00:17
Are you guys sure ye aren't using duo clones?
Enough time being wasted on Solo clone users lately...

Darren
26-08-13, 00:20
mine certainly isnt!
Bought mine from WOS nearly 2 years ago now.

judge
26-08-13, 00:28
mine certainly isnt!
Bought mine from WOS nearly 2 years ago now.

Not a clone so.
Can you upload a debug log so please.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug log = yes.
Restart E2 & upload the log generated by default in /home/root/logs/ the next time this happens.

Darren
26-08-13, 00:41
will try. never done this before.
am i right (enable debug log = yes) do this now so it save's the next error, then do the restart E2 etc to send the log to yourselves and to my e-mail address?

judge
26-08-13, 00:51
Yes, enable debug logs, reboot or restart E2, so the debug log file is generated.
Then upload here the next time this issue happens or use the built in log manager to send the log.

Darren
26-08-13, 01:07
have tried sending a log but get message up (535 incorrect authentithication data)

Darren
26-08-13, 01:24
have copied and attached debug file hopefully.

ki99
26-08-13, 09:18
Mine isn't a clone either, I'll try and get a log uploaded too

sjmc
26-08-13, 17:00
mine is happening aslo(not a clone), i just upgraded to 727. no happening so far , will post log if happens again,

ismailbmw
26-08-13, 19:22
Hi all my two pence worth. My vu duo is definately not a clone. Im in 2 minds wether to upgrade to 727. Anyone has any xperience, feedbacks? Currently 720 is 100% stable.

Rob van der Does
26-08-13, 21:41
Hi all my two pence worth. My vu duo is definately not a clone. Im in 2 minds wether to upgrade to 727. Anyone has any xperience, feedbacks? Currently 720 is 100% stable.
There's a good way to find out: just upgrade.

spectre289
26-08-13, 22:13
Happened again 3 times tonight -.- , tried getting logs of it happening, settings are as you said but it doesn't seem to generate a crash log since the box doesn't actually crash, it just hangs up not allowing even ftp, and the enigma logs are getting rewritten after the restart. I've only noticed it happening while watching a HD encrypted channel, it's been fine for most of the day on non-encrypted channels and when it happened the previous day it was on the same encrypted channel. Box is from WOS so I sure hope it's not a clone.

Rob van der Does
26-08-13, 22:17
If the box is from WoS it's not a clone.
I advise to use a swapfile.

the4given1
27-08-13, 09:03
I too have the same issue ,also not a clone , seemed to start randomly after the last update I did a couple of days ago been a pain all weekend ,I also had the issue of the sound dropping out flicking of channel and back to restore so maybe they are both are related ,I will re set to default and load an earlier build when I get home from work and see if that cures it ,

satmanbasil
28-08-13, 16:11
Hi

I have both a solo and duo receiver, must say i have not experienced the problem with the black screen or audio loss fingers crossed and receiver has been running ok when i have been watching.
I did last night put the receiver back to 720 build just incase but noticed now build 728 was up so brought it forward to this again still no sign of the mentioned problems can any mod confirm if the problem relating to screen blank and audio have been fixed withing latest build, i did see in file complie data something refer to audio not sure if that was the audio fix but apart from latest driver now reinstalled I didnt notice any update to drivers in the new builds so are they safe or should i reinstall drivers from july 2013??

ki99
28-08-13, 20:51
I haven't had the blackscreen since the latest update but I'm not a heavy user so might just be luck, the audio problem is still there fore me though