PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] NFS Mounts - share name issue

Snookiwooki
25-08-13, 11:24
All,

I tried adding an NFS mount point on my DUO2 running the current VIX build (checked to see if there was a newer version) - When I select the NFS mount in the browser I get to the next screen where I can change various settings. The share is called TV and the host is NAS but in the config screen NAS is displayed as the share name not TV...then when I go to change it I get the button layout at the bottom of the screen showing letters etc, but it won't cannot cycle through eg 2ABC or 6MNO- only the numbers are displayed so can only get say 1111222 etc

Is this a bug?

Cheers

andyblac
26-08-13, 15:07
All,

I tried adding an NFS mount point on my DUO2 running the current VIX build (checked to see if there was a newer version) - When I select the NFS mount in the browser I get to the next screen where I can change various settings. The share is called TV and the host is NAS but in the config screen NAS is displayed as the share name not TV...then when I go to change it I get the button layout at the bottom of the screen showing letters etc, but it won't cannot cycle through eg 2ABC or 6MNO- only the numbers are displayed so can only get say 1111222 etc

Is this a bug?

Cheers

you need to enable 'Text support' in remote control setup.

Snookiwooki
27-08-13, 09:19
you need to enable 'Text support' in remote control setup.

Many thanks - much appreciated.

Though can anyone confirm why mount in the config window appear as the host name rather than share names? is this expected?

Also once the mount is created I cannot find it anywhere within movie player - maybe I need to read a how to on NFS mounts?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
27-08-13, 12:32
Also once the mount is created I cannot find it anywhere within movie player - maybe I need to read a how to on NFS mounts?
Use 'Location' (default is yellow) to navigate to any desired location. You can also make symlinks to often used locations.

Snookiwooki
02-09-13, 10:53
Many thanks for the support - very much appreciated!

Having had a long play at the weekend, still no shares / mounts appear.

From reading various threads I seems to have the exact issues reported in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30845-Network-mounts-not-appearing-after-setup

Cheers
-Steve

Rob van der Does
02-09-13, 12:11
Are you using NFS or CIFS?
Make sure the NAS is setup correctly.

If that is the case:
stop E2 via telnet ('init4')
remove the files etc/fstab and etc/enigma2/automounts.xml
then restart E2 via telnet ('init3') and setup all mounts again

Snookiwooki
02-09-13, 13:09
Rob,

Thanks will try deleting the files...

I have tried via NFS and CIFS. It is a QNAP running 4.0x firmware. For CIFS I set up a user with access to the share and set the username and password in the mount manager. - same as for NFS - mount states it is being created sucessfully but never appears...

Cheers
-Steve

Snookiwooki
03-09-13, 11:39
Ok,

So removed the 2 files and restarted E2, on trying to configure a mount point the box (E2 probably) crashes and reboots, tried this 3 times and each time the same.

Copied the 2 files from my old ET9000 box over to the DUO2 and creating mounts now show under Mount Manger - though do not show when choosing location "yellow"...

-Steve

Rob van der Does
03-09-13, 13:25
So removed the 2 files and restarted E2, on trying to configure a mount point the box (E2 probably) crashes and reboots, tried this 3 times and each time the same.
We would need to read the crashlogs to be able to see what happened.

Copied the 2 files from my old ET9000 box over to the DUO2 and creating mounts now show under Mount Manger - though do not show when choosing location "yellow"...
Are they showing to be active in mountmanager?

perkins
03-09-13, 18:28
Interesting. This sounds quite similar to my problem:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30845-Network-mounts-not-appearing-after-setup

Snookiwooki
03-09-13, 22:59
They are shown as active, photo's and crash logs attached

Cheers
-Steve

andyblac
04-09-13, 00:16
Are you using NFS or CIFS?
Make sure the NAS is setup correctly.

If that is the case:
stop E2 via telnet ('init4')
remove the files etc/fstab and etc/enigma2/automounts.xml
then restart E2 via telnet ('init3') and setup all mounts again

NO!!!, never remove the file 'etc/fstab' it will lead your un-useable.

andyblac
04-09-13, 00:20
They are shown as active, photo's and crash logs attached

Cheers
-Steve

as i said you removed the file /etc/fstab. now box is unusable, here is a copy. unzip and ftp to box.

andyblac
04-09-13, 00:21
Rob,

Thanks will try deleting the files...

I have tried via NFS and CIFS. It is a QNAP running 4.0x firmware. For CIFS I set up a user with access to the share and set the username and password in the mount manager. - same as for NFS - mount states it is being created sucessfully but never appears...

Cheers
-Steve

have you installed NFS from network setup menu ?

Rob van der Does
04-09-13, 07:44
NO!!!, never remove the file 'etc/fstab' it will lead your un-useable.
Oops, sorry about that :o

Snookiwooki
04-09-13, 08:28
have you installed NFS from network setup menu ?

Andy,

Thank you - I had copied back a copy of etc/fstab from my ET9000 but will update it with the one you attached incase of issues.

Yes I do remember enabling NFS under Networking, but will double check later.

thanks again

tomthebomb1968
04-09-13, 14:58
Hi guys I have a duo2 and a solo2 using my synology NAS. I am no expert but have stumbled my way through it and managed to get it working the way I want.

First thing I did was to create some shared folders on my NAS. I have made 4 shared folders. Music,Video,Photos and TV Recordings. After creating the shared folders I have to set up the privilages for each, so I put the ip address of my duo2 and solo 2 in here. You can also set the read/write parameters here too. When thats done goto Network/Mounts Setup/network browser on the set top box and scan the network. When the device appears click on it to expand and show the shares. Just give it a local share name and green to save. The only other bit I changed was for the TV Recording share. I toggled the Use as HDD replacement tab to yes as I dont use internal hard drives in any of my boxes. This way i can record from and watch from any of my boxes. All shares are available by pushing the yellow location button and navigating to the desired folder.

Snookiwooki
05-09-13, 09:47
Update...

Stopped E2 - Copied over the fstab file from Andy, re-started E2, removed previous mounts, restarted the box just to be sure... Excactly as before could create mounts but not showing under the "yellow" locations...

To test if it was a share issue I created a new share and full access to everyone and NFS on my QNAP - testing mount again the same as above, and again same share with CIFS.

Decided to do a factory reset - (mainly to check another oddity, with movie player with AutoResolution outputs a 720x504 24frames file as 1080p 24, default res is 576i (have a video processor to upscale) ... but anyway)

Configured the basics - making sure NFS was running under Network... now back to the very beginning - ie creating a mount will not even show under mounts manager. So maybe be an issue with the default automounts.xml?

Will try creating a mount to a W8 machine share later and mounting with CIFS... to isolate if it is a QNAP issue though I am sure I am not the only one with a QNAP NAS and a DUO2...

If all else fails I will do a fresh install of of the the build...

Cheers
-Steve

andyblac
05-09-13, 10:36
Update...

Stopped E2 - Copied over the fstab file from Andy, re-started E2, removed previous mounts, restarted the box just to be sure... Excactly as before could create mounts but not showing under the "yellow" locations...

Cheers
-Steve

are they showing in About screen ?

Snookiwooki
05-09-13, 23:26
Today's update.

On updating to 733, weirdly I can add some shares, though they don't all show in Mounts manager, but do via yellow. The one which does - if I add a new one I get the message I have changed the name and do I want to change the existing one? - which is odd as I have used a different share name...

Checking the files:
In automounts.xml there is 1 share listed where as in FStab there are three of which 2 work/are visible via yellow the other relates to a test share I created yesterday but never showed under mounts manager or yellow... and no longer exists on the NAS.

I am guessing fstab is the file system table with automounts being the visual representation for E2

Is there a config reference I could use to create the correct details in the files manually please? I could guess\fiddle but a definitive answer on layout would be superb.

What file permissions should be on both files please?

It is as if the files are not having the correct\any data written to them. maybe due to incorrect permissions, a file handle is incorrect\corrupt or file is already open...

cheers.
-Steve

Snookiwooki
05-09-13, 23:34
are they showing in About screen ?

Not sure under which menu item you are referring to (under information I couldn't see an about which showed mount details) for me to check..

cheers
-Steve

judge
05-09-13, 23:40
Menu -> Information -> Devices, what's showing up there under Network servers?

Snookiwooki
06-09-13, 06:34
Menu -> Information -> Devices, what's showing up there under Network servers?

Morning,

Ah, many thanks had looked at that, was looking for an actual a Mounts About screen :eek: ....

-------------------------
Network Servers:

none

andyblac
06-09-13, 15:07
Morning,

Ah, many thanks had looked at that, was looking for an actual a Mounts About screen :eek: ....

Network Servers:

none

could i possibly login to your box, remotely ?

connect me on Skype, 'andyblac'

Snookiwooki
06-09-13, 20:52
Cheers Andy... but first I shall share my latest findings...

Having trashed my setup and re-flashed the box with 733 then configured it back I found something interesting

1) Using Network browser - select a share from the NAS (NAS01) ie TV - which has been permissioned with the IP of the DUO2

2) Local Share name is by default NAS01

3) Change Local Share name to TV

4) Apply

Check Mounts - nothing...

Start again, skip step 3 Local share name and leave it as NAS01

Check Mounts - Visible and under Yellow as NAS01

Go back and edit the local share name for the existing NAS01, change name to TV - now this share is added as the original NAS01 local share is still there.

Have now tried this 5 times and each time the work around works... and can stream from each I have setup.

Hope this makes sense.

cheers
-Steve

perkins
10-09-13, 18:30
I tried you advice to mount my NAS smb share and it worked. I used the default sharename: "sharename" and changed it afterwards in the mount manager. Problem is that no I got two network mounts "sharename" and "NAS_Videos". The both connects me to same location of course. The mount manager only shows "NAS_videos" as a sharename.

Snookiwooki
11-09-13, 11:02
perkins,

Yes I had the same issue, I FTP'd off the automounts.xml and fstab and neither have a mention of the duplicate original share name which was odd. So I added a couple of futher NFS shares manually to the files using the format already in use. FTP'd them back to the box restarted E2 and all good.

On updating to 734 and the box rebooted the duplicate share name has disappeared now with only the shares I created and wanted :D.

Maybe worth trying a full reboot to see if it disappears from "yellow"

The same issue is evident with the NFS shares in 734 and still requires the work around to name correctly...

-Steve