PDA

View Full Version : channel / bouquet setup

warby23
24-08-13, 19:47
Hi, I have recently bought a VU+ Solo2 and flashed it with the latest VIX image, not sure how I did it but I managed to get the channel list/ bouquet working with the channels in the same order as S*y TV. Today I was watching SS1 and tried to change the channel to BT 1 HD, My box displayed a blank screen at this point and the display on the box was still showing S*y Sp**ts 1, When I went into the the epg there was nothing available and I was unable to change the channel - the box had froze. I removed the power supply from te box & rebooted, I got the VIX home screen but was unable to get any channel by typing 101 or through the epg. At this point I checked my CCam.cfg file and re-transferred over, but still no joy. I did a full service scan and still no joy. I have also factory reset the box and checked for updates on the image.
I then noticed that if I pressed the "up" arrow on the remote I got a full list of channels but in alphabetical order starting with the numbered channels, when I scrolled down the list I was able to get BT HD1 and any other channel which proves that my box & CCam.cfg are working.
However, I am still unable to get the channels ordered like they was before and in the same order as S*y UK.

Are there any step throug guides as to setting up/adding the S*y UK channel list(Bouquet) or can anyonoe please tell me how to do this. I just want to be able to type in a channel number (101/501etc) or scroll through the epg to find a program to watch.

Thanks in advance

judge
24-08-13, 19:53
once you are in that channel list, if you press blue, does it sort them?

if you have to regenerate new bouquets, it's quite easy.

Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Auto Bouquets Maker

Larry-G
24-08-13, 19:57
Try these.

How to setup CrossEPG for Sky uk on ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0&highlight=How+setup+CrossEPG+for+Sky+ViX+3.0)

warby23
24-08-13, 20:21
once you are in that channel list, if you press blue, does it sort them?

if you have to regenerate new bouquets, it's quite easy.

Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Auto Bouquets Maker

When i am in the channel list the blue button selects the "favourites" section, I have tried to run the auto bouquets maker serveral times but no joy, I have set the settings as follows:
Configure section - Setup mode = simple / Schedule scan = no
providers - Sky UK = Yes, Sky UK area = my area, all rest set to no
Keep Bouquets - none selected
I have run the scan and it finds 596 channels succesfully and once complete returns to the auto bouquets maker menu

judge
24-08-13, 20:30
Yes, that's correct, although you may want to automate it & select a free sat area aswell.
Now when you exit out of all the menus, when you press the TV button on the remote, do you see your list of bouquets?

warby23
24-08-13, 20:30
ok, not sure what has just happened, BUT I restarted the enigma and once it came back on everything was in correct order, the screen is a little jumpy but channels in order.
Since I factory reset and updated the software earlier, the image is now flashing a black line (refreshing itself) every 5 seconds or so on any channel. any ideas on this?

judge
24-08-13, 20:39
no idea, never seen or heard of that before, sorry.

warby23
24-08-13, 23:07
ok, I have re-flashed the box and the error still occurred, it appear that my little princess had caught the hdmi cable as I have got the box on the floor for testing!
Since I have re-flashed I have managed to get everything back up & running apart from 1 thing, previously I had a setting set so that when I selected bbc1 it automatically set the channels to bbc1 hd and the same for the other HD FTA channels, can anyone point me to where this setting is as I can't find it at all!!

abu baniaz
25-08-13, 03:24
Have you enabled HD swap in Auto Bouquets Maker?

warby23
31-08-13, 21:15
I don't have the option for HD Swap in Auto Bouquets maker, when I go into it I am faced with the following options:
Configure > setup mode = Simple/Expert, schedule scan = No/Yes (when expert selected - keep all bouquets = yes, add provider prefix to bouquets = no)
Providers > all different providers
Providers order > order of providers
Hide Sections > select sections to hide
start scan
show log
about

abu baniaz
01-09-13, 01:02
My apologies. Got it wrong. I was thinking of the other plugin. Really sorry.