PDA

View Full Version : Duo or Solo?

smudger
18-10-10, 10:25
Just joined this great forum and I currently have a Dreambox7000 with H-H Stab Motor and a 1m Gilbertini dish.

I am now looking for a new receiver and I can not decide between the VU+duo or the VU solo.

Is it the case that the developers are leaning more towards the VU+ duo and basically ignoring the VU solo?.

I really do not want to record other channels while I watch a channel as I find I can never find the time to watch recorded shows.

So that is my dilemma VU+ or VU solo?.

All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
smudger

OldSkulRide
18-10-10, 11:00
VU+DUO, because it has more support (especially openpli). Also it costs 360EUR which is great price for such powerful receiver.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
18-10-10, 11:34
They're both great receivers, depends if you want a Dual tuner or Single Tuner receiver. The Duo has the added benefit of being able to have an internal HDD among a few other extra features. Not having OpenPLi support is not the be all and end all of the Solo. The VTI image is a great image for the Solo and there will soon be a VIX image for the Solo soon too.

Check out my shop, signature below ;)

Sicilian
18-10-10, 11:41
I've got both receivers here, if i'm honest if it wasn't for the missus recording loads of programs I'd use my Solo for my main TV. Performance wise the Solo isn't any slower than the Duo ;)

Stanman
18-10-10, 21:07
If money is not a concern DUO, always better to have two tuners, even with two tuners I some times have no live TV to watch as both are recording.