PDA

View Full Version : Channel switching in different satellites and automatic dish positioning by receiver?

cuv4
18-10-10, 08:19
Hi

I have just purchased a VU+ and have a motorised dish. I have a few question regarding motorised dish and positioner features of this receiver, which are:

1) To setup the dish position, is it possible to do this automatically or do you have to find each satellite position manually (via the positioner plug-in) ?
2) Is it possible to store the name of the satellite against the position, so for example position (1, Hotbird, 2 Astra)?
3) Currently switch channels in different satellite, say one in Astra and one in Hotbird, I have to go to the positioner menu and move the dish to the right position (position 1 to position 2). Is it possible for the receive to do this automatically? I was able to do this with DreamBox

Many thanks in advance for you help.

basilyoung
18-10-10, 08:28
first of all, I hope that your forum name, is not your e-mail address, not a good move

having just finished working a long night shift, I can not fully answer your question,...but you need to do a seach ( on the forum) there are several post relating to your questions

if your motor setup is accurate, then USAL,s is what you need to set up, its fairly simple to do
but we also need to know what motor you have, 36volt?? or a diasque 1.2......if the unit drives the dish directly, via a coax cable connection, then its the 1.2,

baz

ps, an intro post would also be noce, and welcome to the forum

cuv4
18-10-10, 12:12
Thank you for message. As it is very obvious I am a newbie and I have never used forums before.

However, I did search the forums but I could not really find the answers to the questions.

As for my setup, I have a diasque 1.2, and unit drives the dish directly, via a coax cable connection.

Many Thanks

grtmoby
18-10-10, 13:48
1) To setup the dish position, is it possible to do this automatically or do you have to find each satellite position manually (via the positioner plug-in) ?

for the first time u have to do this manually. after this u backup ur setting so in case of flash u just restore the settings

2) Is it possible to store the name of the satellite against the position, so for example position (1, Hotbird, 2 Astra)?

this depends on the type and capabalities of ur vbox.

3) Currently switch channels in different satellite, say one in Astra and one in Hotbird, I have to go to the positioner menu and move the dish to the right position (position 1 to position 2). Is it possible for the receive to do this automatically? I was able to do this with DreamBox

yes after storing the positions whenever u choose a channel the vu will move the dish automatically for u

cuv4
18-10-10, 15:21
Thank for your reply.

for the first time u have to do this manually. after this u backup ur setting so in case of flash u just restore the settings
:) - Thank you.

this depends on the type and capabalities of ur vbox.
:confused: Sorry I do not know what vbox is. I only have a VU+ box, a motor and a dish. Please can you explain

yes after storing the positions whenever u choose a channel the vu will move the dish automatically for u

:( I have stored 2 positions for hotbird and astra. However, when I switch channels the dish does not move and so appears the receiver is not sending a signal to the motor to move. Any ideas what I am doing wrong please

Thank you very much in advance

grtmoby
18-10-10, 15:51
i will answer these two but can u explain more ur setup, how are the dish is connected to ur box.

a vbox is the unit receiving the command from the vu and then send it to the motor to move. some vboxes have the capability to store names as well as numbers while others don't.

u have to store the position in both the receiver and the box connected and it must be same number in both of them.

Hakon
18-10-10, 17:53
@grtmoby
He does not have a V-box and 36v motor . As i understand he has a DiSEqC motor.

It would be nice if he can tell what motor he got, like Moteck SG2100 . If it is a modern DiSEqC motor it probable runs with USALS witch works great in combo with Vu+ Duo.
If the motor runs with USALS you do not need to store each satellite one by one. You do your settings in menu one time and then all satellites will be there by automatic if all is set up correctly with the dish.When you choose channels (after a scan) the dish moves to the satellite where the channels is located, all by automatic.