PDA

View Full Version : Tech 500 super Image Flaws

phil43
23-08-13, 14:04
Its only lately that I have come across this problem.Have been using the 500 super for quite a while now and have set up most of my neighbours ,relations etc with them.Its just a cheap box with rf modulator built in.The problem with the latest few I bought is the remote wont work after a few hours and box has to be rebooted.After another few hours same problem and has to be rebooted again.This is on firmware dated 31-08 2013.The latest firmware dated 13-12-2012 says it fixes this problem but there is a bigger bug with using mgcamd having to start cam every time you change channels.It took me over 12 months to get a good guy for sea lions.Been using his sea lions for over 2 years now and they are very reliable but he only uses mgcamd..So does anyone know an image that doesn't have the remote or mgcamd issues,thanks in advance

abu baniaz
23-08-13, 14:43
If you have a problem with mgcamd, it is probably your config file.

phil43
23-08-13, 15:44
If you have a problem with mgcamd, it is probably your config file.

Thanks for reply.The config file is the same as I used on the 31-08-2013 image and worked perfectly on that.But that image has remote control issues.Using the same config file on the 13-12-2012 image I have to restart mgcamd after every channel change.

robocop1967
25-08-13, 13:59
Hello mate.I've been using Tm500 with UR 13-12-2012 image on mg 1.35 for the last six months without any issues.Are they brand new boxes as I've set a few up for my friends and theirs seem fine with exact same image?

Larry-G
25-08-13, 15:47
It took me over 12 months to get a good guy for sea lions.Been using his sea lions for over 2 years now and they are very reliable but he only uses mgcamd..So does anyone know an image that doesn't have the remote or mgcamd issues,thanks in advance

The go ask him for support then because you wont get support here for card sharing.