PDA

View Full Version : Multi-room

Bigtag
23-08-13, 13:48
I have a VU+ Solo2 with twin tuner with the router beside the Vu. I wish to view channels in other rooms Does anyone know the best way to achieve this or if there's a guide to set up multiroom on here....Thanks

Bigtag
23-08-13, 19:51
Is anyone there?:)

judge
23-08-13, 20:03
A bit more info might be helpful...
What do you want to view the channels on?
have you network feeds in the other rooms?
have you any other E2 boxes?

Sirius
23-08-13, 20:51
If you get another e2 box for the other room you can stream from your main box on the second tuner.

But if you need both tuners free in the main room, there is a way but it's not aloud to be discussed on this forum.

fintannl
23-08-13, 20:54
have vu duo with dm500 upstairs using a tenda. reality check is that you do need a sat feed to box no matter what location in the house

DJS
23-08-13, 21:24
If you are just wanting to view the same channels in another room, I use Cat 6 cable running from my box to my bedroom, then an hdmi over cat 6 extender box connected, and the feed from my VUsolo2 is split, one going to my AV receiver and the other going to the extender.

pac2000
23-08-13, 21:53
You Could Use A HDMI Port Splitter (But You Need To Make Sure It Goes From One Device To Multiple Displays)

But Having A Laptop/Desktop Connected To The TV In Your Bedroom Would Give You A Big Advantage... You Can Watch Whatever The Vu+ Duo Is Recording Or Viewing Downstairs... So Say You Were Recording Sky Sports 1 And Watching Sky 1 HD, You Could Tune To Them Channels Anywhere Via The Network... In Fact You Could Also Watch Any Channel On The Same Transponder As Sky Sports 1 Or Sky 1 HD...

When They Say You've Got 2 Tuners, Them Tuners Tune To Transponders Not To Channels... Transponders Carry Multiple Channels... If You Get The "No Free Tuner" Message, Press The Down Button(VIX Image), And You'll Notice A Lot Of The Channels A Greyed Out, But Anything That Is Still White You Can Watch/Record...

If You're Recoding Has Already Started Say 15 Minutes Ago, You Could Go Into The 'vuduo' Under Network On Your PC/Laptop In Windows Explorer And Goto Movie Folder And Scroll Down Until You Find The Program Being Recorded And Start Watching From The Beginning While It's Still Being Recorded...

Hope That Helps...