PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Thinking of selling my Vu Duo and buying a Gigablue Quad - Opinions?

GAH2402
23-08-13, 10:53
Hi Guys,

Thinking of selling my Vu Duo (probably on that well-known auction site!) and buying a Gigablue Quad. I've enjoyed my Vu Duo (had a Dreambox 800 before that) but can't afford a Vu Duo2 at the moment. I've read most of the Quad threads on here, any Quad owners want to comment on how good the box is?

EDIT: How difficult/expensive is it to get a DVB-T tuner, and are the picons on the front panel the same as the ones used for the OSD?

Any opinions greatly appreciated!

GAH

dfdream
23-08-13, 11:46
A built in tuner costs about £29.
Yes the PICONS appear on the lcd when you enable them in Skin Settings.

Hi Guys,

Thinking of selling my Vu Duo (probably on that well-known auction site!) and buying a Gigablue Quad. I've enjoyed my Vu Duo (had a Dreambox 800 before that) but can't afford a Vu Duo2 at the moment. I've read most of the Quad threads on here, any Quad owners want to comment on how good the box is?

EDIT: How difficult/expensive is it to get a DVB-T tuner, and are the picons on the front panel the same as the ones used for the OSD?

Any opinions greatly appreciated!

GAH

GAH2402
23-08-13, 12:10
Hi dfdream,

Thanks for the reply.

One other question, I use a USB on Vu Duo for picons and EPG, can I use internal flash for both on the Gigablue?

GAH

dfdream
24-08-13, 15:37
Not sure but I always hear that USB is best place for picons and EPG as space in flash is always limited.

Hi dfdream,

Thanks for the reply.

One other question, I use a USB on Vu Duo for picons and EPG, can I use internal flash for both on the Gigablue?

GAH

Rob van der Does
24-08-13, 15:43
Most boxes have plenty of flash; if so the best location for picons is in flash.
EPG is a different story: there are circumstances when the file can grow too big; so better have that on USB if possible.

GAH2402
25-08-13, 09:56
Hi Rob/dfdream,

Thanks for the info.

Looking like I'll go ahead with the switch in the next couple of weeks!

GAH