PDA

View Full Version : Making Font size bigger

irishpol1
23-08-13, 00:35
Hi all,

Newbie here, so please go easy if this has already been discussed.

Can anyone please tell me if its possible and if so how to make the font size bigger in Vix in the first and second infobar and the EPG, or even in the image in general. I can hardly read the text from my seat.

I'm using the latest version of Vix on a genuine Vu+duo (one) and the image is Vix-Night_HD

Rob van der Does
23-08-13, 06:20
You could try using the attached plugin. Make a backup first, so you can easily revert to your present setup if something goes wrong.
You'll have to experiment (a lot) with the settings offered to see if you can establish what you want.
Also be aware that after an online update, some settings may get lost.

Just out of interest: what TV (size) are you using and what connection?

irishpol1
23-08-13, 15:05
Thanks Rob, I installed the plugin adjusted the settings, restarted the gui, then rebooted the system, but it didn't do anything :confused:
My tv is 42"Panasonic plasma via hdmi @1080i

Rob van der Does
23-08-13, 15:21
Changed fonts?

irishpol1
23-08-13, 18:34
Changed fonts?
How do I change the font? Only setting available was to change font size.

BubbleBalls
23-08-13, 19:03
Hi,

I made a few small mods on HD Night - try it if you like. I keep meaning to do more but don't seem to have time. Put it in /etc/enigma2 and restart. It will only work on VIX NIGHT HD. It is renamed from .xml to .txt so needs to be put back to .xml before you ftp. If it is no use to you just delete and restart.

irishpol1
23-08-13, 19:08
Changed fonts?
see pic of options, am i missing anything?

Thanks BubbleBalls

irishpol1
23-08-13, 19:21
Hi,

I made a few small mods on HD Night - try it if you like. I keep meaning to do more but don't seem to have time. Put it in /etc/enigma2 and restart. It will only work on VIX NIGHT HD. It is renamed from .xml to .txt so needs to be put back to .xml before you ftp. If it is no use to you just delete and restart.

Thanks BubbleBalls, looks great and txt is a bit bigger as well :cool: