PDA

View Full Version : No Transcoding on External Tuner PCTV DVB-T2 (290e)

tommy_99
22-08-13, 12:12
Hello,

im new here an want to add an issue i found with Duo2.

I bought the Duo2 because i was told that the Solo2 that i purched previosly to transcode DvB-T2 Streams, is not able to transcode anything else except the signal from internal Tuners and only Duo2 will be able to do that.

Thats the storry why i bought the Duo2, but im not able to get the transcoded stream from that stick (PCTV DVB-T2 290e).

The stick itself is recognized after installing the em28xx driver and is working as Tuner C. Transcoding is working from the 2 integrated DVB-S2 tuners but not from this stick.

What i am doing wrong and how i can enable transcoding from it?

Best regards
Tommy
(Sorry for my bad english)

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 14:26
Which image are you using?

tommy_99
22-08-13, 16:48
Hy Rob,

Now im using OpenVix, since no other Image that i tested had support for em28xx kernel drivers.

Best regards
Tommy

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 17:32
We're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

tommy_99
25-08-13, 18:43
Rob,

could it be that non of the USB Sticks work for Transcoding?

Best regards
Tommy

We're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

Rob van der Does
25-08-13, 18:45
It looks that way yes.

tommy_99
25-08-13, 19:23
From my point of view i didn't see any difference between this two tuner types.
Both of them (Internal and USB tuners) deliver an muxed stream.

And if it comes to Transcoder (aka transtreamproxy) booth of theme should be the same type.

I would like to help but my knowelege only reach to read and try to understand transtreamproxy but i cant get enything out on /proc/stb/encoder/0/demux when i use an channel that come from the USB-Stick.

Best regards
Tommy

It looks that way yes.

Rob van der Does
25-08-13, 19:31
We have to await a solution from VU+.

tommy_99
25-08-13, 20:16
To bad that for this issue we are depanding on VU+.
I didn't expecting that they manage to get this working, since i wait an halve year for the same functionality on Solo2
Finaly i got an answer from an germain board administrator that VU+ didn't promissed that they offer transcode from external Tuners on Solo2 and i have to buy an DUO2 to get this working.
For Duo2 they didn't promised that to!!

We have to await a solution from VU+.

tommy_99
06-09-13, 16:34
I have to correct my negative meaning about VU+.

They add now (2 Day ago) the functionality to transcode from USB-Sticks (vtuner) in booth Solo2 and Duo2 recivers.

For Duo2 i can confirm that this is working now after Driver update.

Best regards
Tommy99

To bad that for this issue we are depanding on VU+.
I didn't expecting that they manage to get this working, since i wait an halve year for the same functionality on Solo2
Finaly i got an answer from an germain board administrator that VU+ didn't promissed that they offer transcode from external Tuners on Solo2 and i have to buy an DUO2 to get this working.
For Duo2 they didn't promised that to!!

Rob van der Does
06-09-13, 17:25
Good to see you were wrong about this :p