PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Issue and VBox

Nitemare
22-08-13, 09:56
Hi all,
Great forum plenty of info for a new VU user ....

Here's my issue:
I have 2 Twin Tuners installed (A B C D)

A & B fed from a 2.2M dish with dual LNB (Invacom) and a H-H motor via a VBox positioner.

Cable one was connected to VBox and then fly lead from VBox to Tuner A on Vu Duo2
Cable two was connected directly from LNB to Tuner B on Vu Duo 2

All seemed fine until I checked Sky Italy xpndrs (eg 12673V) and noted that they had no SNR % showing ....

I checked all connections but they are fine ....

I then took VBox out of equation and BING the xpndrs returned with 70% + SNR .. but obviously i had no positioner then ...

So I rewired setup as follows:

Cable one connected directly to Tuner A on Vu Duo2
Cable two connected via VBox and then to Tuner B on Vu Duo2 .... and xpndrs are there but reduced to about 50% ...

At present my Tuner configuration is set with A as second motorised cable and B as advanced with each sat positon stored as per VBox (it had been the other way round when A was set from VBox feed)

So in short Tuner A appears not to like VBox yet Tuner B does but at reduced levels ...???

Any ideas???

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 14:32
Not answering your question, but a question from me: you have 4 tuners, and only 2 connected to an LNB; correct?

Nitemare
22-08-13, 14:44
TUNER A & B motorised dish
TUNER C & D fixed dish on 28.2°E (working fine)

By the way i swapped internal tuners in case I had a faulty tuner but NO ... same issue ...

Now thinking I might have a short somewhere (from VBox) that Duo box picking up and the SpiderBox didn't???

Nitemare
29-08-13, 10:49
http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_openembedded;a=commit;h=c788445c09e7cb70 96665ac409b57dbe7f41690b

Update driver
20130829(duo)
- Fix AC3 sound problem

NOTE is says Duo only ??? Wonder if it'll work on the Duo 2??? :confused:

Alec
29-08-13, 10:57
If you just connect one lead through the vee box to each inputs in turn, and it makes a difference to the signal. It can only be either the vee box or the connecting cable from vee box.

Nitemare
29-08-13, 11:54
Hi I did try a swap of cables and there was some improvement.. finally I got my meter out and re-aligned dish and the elevation was out slightly ... this seems to have cured the Tuner A issue but weird that Tuner B seemed to pick up a signal even though dish off slightly??

Rob van der Does
29-08-13, 15:26
http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_openembedded;a=commit;h=c788445c09e7cb70 96665ac409b57dbe7f41690b

Update driver
20130829(duo)
- Fix AC3 sound problem

NOTE is says Duo only ??? Wonder if it'll work on the Duo 2??? :confused:
Well, as you see there's only a new driver for the DUO, not for other boxes.
And that makes sense, as this problem has only been reported for the DUO.