PDA

View Full Version : HDMI not working

jus
21-08-13, 15:30
Hi everyone, I'm new here and not at all technically minded, so please bear with me.

I have just got a XP1000 max digi box, for some reason, when I trying to use a HDMI cable, my TV is not recognising the box what so ever. I can view it by scart juts not HDMI. i already use xbox, laptop to TV, & virgin media box, all on HDMI, but the xp1000 I just can't get it work on HDMI. I even tried ever TV setting on the digi box and still no picture. my TV if anyone wants to know is Samsung LE40R88BD.

If for some crazy reason i can't use a HDMI cable, can anyone suggest the very next best thing to get max picture quality. Thank you to anyone who offers help or advice.

just an update I have tested it on another TV an Techwood and the HDMI work fine.......any ideas

sorry for any trouble it has now kicked in.......on the big tv lol

s31teg
21-08-13, 17:25
I have actually recently had a similar problem with another tv, had to turn the tv off at the wall for a min then it started. Spooky :alien:

Alec
21-08-13, 19:48
When you connect by HDMI the TV has to what they call handshake at the beginning . Some TV's are poor at this and it might be the case of switching the TV off and on to make this connection.