PDA

View Full Version : newbie tm-2t owner

humax7
21-08-13, 13:11
Hi, new here and new to Technomate ( currently got a dm500 ). I'm going to order a TM-2T from the sponsor.What will they do ? ( image, cam , settings etc ), and what will I need to do to get it up and running. I presume it ain't plug and play.

regards Mick

scottmcroberts
21-08-13, 13:47
Hi Humax

The TM-2T does pretty much everything you could ask of an STB, twin tuners, ability for external hard drive, lot's of support on here and is great with Vix. It does have some issues with drivers which Technomate are working hard at to resolve, these drivers can affect some recordings. Initial setup is pretty straightforward.

As for setup and play the wizard at the start is pretty straight forward and I am sure with the help of the forum users the can make it all the more easier for you

kanwar
25-08-13, 16:23
DON'T BUY IT. I regret the day I did.

Jigsy99
25-08-13, 17:14
As scottmcroberts has mentioned in his post the TM2T is a good box but it's not without problems. Some people are having problems viewing and recording HD channels. I love my TM2T i've not had any of the recording problems some other owners are having but I did have a problem viewing HD channels which caused stuttering and was very unwatchable. This was resolved by going back to a older version of Vix while we wait for the new driver and kernal (currently being put through testing by the Vix team). Overall I think it is a great box my wife and daughter find it very easy to use but of course that's only my opinion.

avinitski
27-08-13, 20:00
don't buy it if you want to fully use the streaming functionality like OpenWebif

Jigsy99
27-08-13, 21:17
Can I ask why you say that I have no problem streaming?. I've just been watching the Liverpool game at work and at home me and my other half stream from laptops most days with no problems.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

labparker
27-08-13, 23:03
Streaming works fine for me using Vix. No problems recording, no problems with HD

avinitski
28-08-13, 19:30
Can I ask why you say that I have no problem streaming?. I've just been watching the Liverpool game at work and at home me and my other half stream from laptops most days with no problems.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30176-Open-Webif-streaming-issues

avinitski
28-08-13, 22:47
and TM apparent poor support

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30986-TM-2T-Suttering-issues-on-VIX-726

Jigsy99
28-08-13, 23:14
and TM apparent poor support

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30986-TM-2T-Suttering-issues-on-VIX-726

Can you not for the short term roll back to a older image while the guys test the new kernel/driver. I'm on Vix build 688 and everything streaming wise is fine. Just a thought...

Jigsy

abu baniaz
29-08-13, 01:40
Can you not for the short term roll back to a older image while the guys test the new kernel/driver. I'm on Vix build 688 and everything streaming wise is fine. Just a thought...

Jigsy

Alternatively use latest image with older drivers.

avinitski
29-08-13, 13:45

Jigsy

yep I have rolled back Vix image but for me that brings its own bugs\problems :(